Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

Message 61 of 67

1300 Faith Leaders Denounce Trump's "Religious Liberty" Order

Trump's executive order would give far-right religionists grounds to discriminate against LGBT's just like North Carolina's Republican legislature's infamous bathroom bill, HB2. That bill cost the state of North Carolina hundreds of jobs, and half a billion dollars in lost revenue, and was eventually overturned. Republican controlled legislatures in Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, South Dakota, and others are encouraging similar legislation. If they can't stop gay marriage, this is the next best way for the religious right to inflict harm on LBGT citizens.

"We are appalled by the widespread discrimination that this draft order would unleash across all areas of life--including in some cases with taxpayer dollars--on our congregants, our neighbors, our families..."

https://www.clergyunitedagainstdiscrimination.org

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 67

I should have never farted in line at the post office. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 67

Just one more shining example of the ignorance of this presidency.  One happy thought, while donnie continues to write illegal edicts, lawyers will be raking in the dough and laughing all the way to the bank!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 67

It is good to know the courts still believe in the Constitution.  Happy injuction Donnie.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 67

Can a judge  put an injunction on any of this and block it? I do hope it goes all the way to the Supreme Court.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 67

The four-page draft order,....construes religious organizations so broadly that it covers “any organization, including closely held for-profit corporations,” and protects “religious freedom” in every walk of life:

That means you Richva.

"The breadth of the draft order, which legal experts described as “sweeping” and “staggering,” may exceed the authority of the executive branch if enacted.

It also, by extending some of its protections to one particular set of religious beliefs, (vp thinks he's gone to heaven) would risk violating the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution.

“This executive order would appear to require agencies to provide extensive exemptions from a staggering number of federal laws—

This means war.  Right here in RiverCity.

dt considers himself a professional litigator and this would, among other detriments, provide tons of new cases for legal professionals to work for UNHAPPY citizens.  I'm guessing dt's continuing efforts to thwart the Constitution will fall in line behind the others he has recklessly conjured up.  His family must be so proud.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

Message 67 of 67

So, will this mean the local (and only) hospital will be allowed to send me away from the emergency room if they decide I am a sinner?

President Donald Trump has invited conservative leaders to the White House on Thursday for what they expect will be the ceremonial signing of a long-awaited—and highly controversial—executive order on religious liberty, according to multiple people familiar with the situation.

The original draft order, which would have established broad exemptions for people and groups to claim religious objections under virtually any circumstance, was leaked to The Nation on Feb. 1

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/02/donald-trump-religious-liberty-executive-order-237888

Kudos
Views
Replies