Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

Message 51 of 67

Rk- supposed her priest did that.

Does  he have the power of the president of the United States?  Is he bound  by the constitution with regard to separation of church and state? 

Ridiculous argument! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 67

@rker321 wrote:

The time has come for action. this man has just destroyed the separation of Church and State. If the American people don't see the dangers of this action. then in that case, perhaps is the time to simply not have any respect for the United States. This is not a Democracy any longer.
I happen to be a practicing Catholic, and If I hear my priest from the pulpit say a word about politics or tries to influence my vote in any manner or mode, I will call him on it infront of the whole congregation if possible. because we cannot allow that to happen. 
Is anyone out there going to get any judge to block this EO?

Rev. Wright preached politics while the Obamas sat there. It is nothing new.

Suppose your priest preaches on the sacredness of assuring quality health care for all - would you call him out? 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 67

@pc6063 wrote:

Rker- in all probability this EO will be blocked by another federal judge.

God donnie, quit having pep rally so you can feel good about your ugly self, and learn what's in the constitution of the United States of America and its anendments.

Well they better hurry up and  do it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dale-hansen/yes-there-is-a-constituti_b_8171550.html

Read this article in which cites precedents regarding the constitutionality of the Separation of church and State.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 67

Rker- in all probability this EO will be blocked by another federal judge.

God donnie, quit having pep rallies so you can feel good about your ugly self, and learn what's in the constitution of the United States of America and its anendments.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 67

There has been many debates about the fact that Separation of State and Church has never appeared in the First Ammendment.
but the following link will allow us to see that the Supreme Court in many cases have more than identified the Separation of church and State.|
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dale-hansen/yes-there-is-a-constituti_b_8171550.html
We need now this EO to actually have it go to the Supreme Court and once and for all deal with this issue.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 67

The time has come for action. this man has just destroyed the separation of Church and State. If the American people don't see the dangers of this action. then in that case, perhaps is the time to simply not have any respect for the United States. This is not a Democracy any longer.
I happen to be a practicing Catholic, and If I hear my priest from the pulpit say a word about politics or tries to influence my vote in any manner or mode, I will call him on it infront of the whole congregation if possible. because we cannot allow that to happen. 
Is anyone out there going to get any judge to block this EO?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 67

Albion61- The hate that Donnie  spreads continues, and yet his supporters call left-wing liberals and Centris the haters?  What a deplorable little man. 

Thank you for post and your article.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 67

Albion61- The hate that Donnie  spreads continues, and yet his supporters call left-wing liberals and Centris the haters?  What are deplorable little man. 

Thank you for post and your article.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 67

2 Groups have already written briefs based on the leaked draft.    So yes, it will go to the courts and it will be up to the 2 Groups to decide where to take the case.     

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 67

Albi - If they can't stop gay marriage, this is the next best way for the religious right to inflict harm on LBGT citizens.

The first discriminatory case I want to see is one filed by a Black LBGT couple.  Our president is a stupid, stupid man.

Kudos
Views