Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

Message 41 of 67

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Which is ridiculous - Rev. Wright preaching politics or another poster's priest preaching about the need for healthcare?

I guess that you are not a visitor of many churches just your regular temple. otherwise you would have seen many preachers, priests and clergymen that have engage in political issues and have in many ways influence the followers.

I don't know where that came from. pc said "that is ridiculous" and I was asking him or her what was ridiculous. I guess it just came from your constant need to insult.

As to your "temple" comment - if that is and has been true, where does your claim about Trump destroying the 1st amendment fit in to the grand scheme of things?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK-- you're failing to mention that when Reverend Wright started preaching politics, Obama and family discredited him and left the church. 

Yes, I did fail to mention that because I was not aware of that. My understanding was that he attended regularly for years without any "discrediting".

Perhaps you have some information to offer on that.

Once again rk fails his homework assignment.

This from US News 8/28/08 article by Richard Wolffe:

Yet it didn't sound as though Obama was in the mood for political calculation on Tuesday. Instead he appeared dismayed not just by the offensive nature of Wright's comments—specifically Wright's accusations that the U.S. government had unleashed HIV/AIDS on the African-American community and engaged in "terrorism" overseas. He also seemed offended by Wright's suggestion that his speech on race in Philadelphia was a case of political pandering.

Having watched Wright's performance in Washington on Monday, Obama said, "What became clear to me was it was more than just him defending himself. What became clear to me was he was presenting a world view that contradicts who I am and what I stand for. And what particularly angered me was his suggestion that somehow my previous denunciations of his remarks were political posturing. Anybody who knows me, and anybody who knows what I'm about, knows that I'm trying to bridge gaps and that I see the commonality in all people."

Obama made it clear that he felt disrespected by Wright, as well as shocked and outraged by Wright's comments. He even suggested that he was considering leaving Trinity, although he had not yet spoken to Wright's successor, the Rev. Otis Moss, about his position. "I'll be honest: this obviously has put strains on that relationship, not because of the members or because of Reverend Moss, but because this has become such a spectacle," Obama said. "And, you know, when I go to church, it's not for spectacle. It's to pray and to find a stronger sense of faith. It's not to posture politically. It's not to hear things that violate my core beliefs."

Now let's all take a deep breath and wait for rk to produce an example of Der Trumper disavowing one of his alt-Right supporters.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 67

@pc6063 wrote:

RK-- you're failing to mention that when Reverend Wright started preaching politics, Obama and family discredited him and left the church. 

Yes, I did fail to mention that because I was not aware of that. My understanding was that he attended regularly for years without any "discrediting".

Perhaps you have some information to offer on that.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

Which is ridiculous - Rev. Wright preaching politics or another poster's priest preaching about the need for healthcare?

I guess that you are not a visitor of many churches just your regular temple. otherwise you would have seen many preachers, priests and clergymen that have engage in political issues and have in many ways influence the followers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 67

Afisher-do you remember on inauguration day that Trump had his minister there. A CNN reporter asked trump if he had ever ask God to forgive him for his sins, and trump's  answer was "no, I don't think I ever have." 

Remember, this is the same guy who called the Catholic pope "disgusting."  

This is all for show and headlines to once again massage little Donnies narcissistic ego.   It's a photo op.   It's another opportunity for federal judges to put a hold on this ridiculous and unconstitutional EO.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 67

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 67

@pc6063 wrote:

Rk- supposed her priest did that.

Does  he have the power of the president of the United States?  Is he bound  by the constitution with regard to separation of church and state? 

Ridiculous argument! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 67

So, if the ACLU going to find a judge that will put an injunction to any of this? This is a classic example of something that really needs to be determined by the Supreme Court.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 67

ACLU lawyers have read the EO and are now saying that it is FAKE NEWS.   Yea Donald?  engaging his religious right fundines with lies...so christian of him.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

Rev. Wright preached politics while the Obamas sat there. It is nothing new.

Suppose your priest preaches on the sacredness of assuring quality health care for all - would you call him out? 

Yes I  would, because he is in the business of saving my soul. and not my political views. that is what I call separation of church and State.

NO religious organization has the right to express public views on any type of politics no matter how fair, good they happen to be.
There has always been said that religion and politics are very bad bedfellows.

Kudos
Views