Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

Message 31 of 67

@alferdpacker wrote:

@ chasky 53 wrote:

I gotta' wonder .................. who are Trump's Alt-Right supporters here?

Wouldn't dare try to answer that - multiple conservatives with tender sensibilities might experience an attack of "offensensitivity" and report everyone here for personal attack.

offensensitivity.jpg

Only the penguin knows !!!!!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 67

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK-- you're failing to mention that when Reverend Wright started preaching politics, Obama and family discredited him and left the church. 

Yes, I did fail to mention that because I was not aware of that. My understanding was that he attended regularly for years without any "discrediting".

Perhaps you have some information to offer on that.

Once again rk fails his homework assignment.

This from US News 8/28/08 article by Richard Wolffe:

Yet it didn't sound as though Obama was in the mood for political calculation on Tuesday. Instead he appeared dismayed not just by the offensive nature of Wright's comments—specifically Wright's accusations that the U.S. government had unleashed HIV/AIDS on the African-American community and engaged in "terrorism" overseas. He also seemed offended by Wright's suggestion that his speech on race in Philadelphia was a case of political pandering.

Having watched Wright's performance in Washington on Monday, Obama said, "What became clear to me was it was more than just him defending himself. What became clear to me was he was presenting a world view that contradicts who I am and what I stand for. And what particularly angered me was his suggestion that somehow my previous denunciations of his remarks were political posturing. Anybody who knows me, and anybody who knows what I'm about, knows that I'm trying to bridge gaps and that I see the commonality in all people."

Obama made it clear that he felt disrespected by Wright, as well as shocked and outraged by Wright's comments. He even suggested that he was considering leaving Trinity, although he had not yet spoken to Wright's successor, the Rev. Otis Moss, about his position. "I'll be honest: this obviously has put strains on that relationship, not because of the members or because of Reverend Moss, but because this has become such a spectacle," Obama said. "And, you know, when I go to church, it's not for spectacle. It's to pray and to find a stronger sense of faith. It's not to posture politically. It's not to hear things that violate my core beliefs."

Now let's all take a deep breath and wait for rk to produce an example of Der Trumper disavowing one of his alt-Right supporters.

We've all taken that deep breath - and we're all still waiting - and waiting - and waiting - with no valid response...

Wouldn't dare try to answer that - multiple conservatives with tender sensibilities might experience an attack of "offensensitivity" and report everyone here for personal attack.

offensensitivity.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 67

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK-- you're failing to mention that when Reverend Wright started preaching politics, Obama and family discredited him and left the church. 

Yes, I did fail to mention that because I was not aware of that. My understanding was that he attended regularly for years without any "discrediting".

Yet it didn't sound as though Obama was in the mood for political calculation on Tuesday. Instead he appeared dismayed not just by the offensive nature of Wright's comments—specifically Wright's accusations that the U.S. government had unleashed HIV/AIDS on the African-American community and engaged in "terrorism" overseas. He also seemed offended by Wright's suggestion that his speech on race in Philadelphia was a case of political pandering.

Having watched Wright's performance in Washington on Monday, Obama said, "What became clear to me was it was more than just him defending himself. What became clear to me was he was presenting a world view that contradicts who I am and what I stand for. And what particularly angered me was his suggestion that somehow my previous denunciations of his remarks were political posturing. Anybody who knows me, and anybody who knows what I'm about, knows that I'm trying to bridge gaps and that I see the commonality in all people."

Obama made it clear that he felt disrespected by Wright, as well as shocked and outraged by Wright's comments. He even suggested that he was considering leaving Trinity, although he had not yet spoken to Wright's successor, the Rev. Otis Moss, about his position. "I'll be honest: this obviously has put strains on that relationship, not because of the members or because of Reverend Moss, but because this has become such a spectacle," Obama said. "And, you know, when I go to church, it's not for spectacle. It's to pray and to find a stronger sense of faith. It's not to posture politically. It's not to hear things that violate my core beliefs."

Now let's all take a deep breath and wait for rk to produce an example of Der Trumper disavowing one of his alt-Right supporters.

We've all taken that deep breath - and we're all still waiting - and waiting - and waiting - with no valid response...

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 67

@rker321 wrote:

I am going to laugh very hard at previous posts. 
I couldn't care less and don't give a hoot whatever Obama did or didn't do. we keep on going to the past and pointing fingers, when we don't have a clear conclusion of what we are talking about.
It is called, Separation of State vs Church.
And that is the issue here. and hoping that they find a judge that will put an injunction to all of this and goes to the Supreme Court as it should.
I believe that I put a link in which shows that the Supreme Court has enough precedents and cases in which they have made it clear about the separation of Church and State.

It doesn't have to written in the Constitution. the Constitution is not the tablets that the Lord handed to Moses.  It is ammended and has been many times.

Separation of church and state has been an integral part of government here since 1644 - when Rhode Island Colony kept government and religion separate - and not at all coincidentally allowed people holding virtually any religious belief to settle there.  

Can you imagine - they actually purchased land and honored the contract with the Narragansett and Nipmuc Indians who originally lived there...

As the Supreme Court's research into the intent of the founders and framers of the constitution has verified - it had always been intended from the very beginning that there be separation between church and state.  

The founders didn't foresee that nominally religiously people would become so evil and grossly dishonest in later generations that they would sink to lying and acting like Pharisees - and ultimately be exposed as the liars and charlatans they so plainly are...

Certainly hope the Supreme Court blocks this grossly unconstitutional legal action.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 67

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Where are all those complaining about Sharia Law, are they now in favor of law based on religion since it it their religion?

Yes! They are comfortable with the idea that their beliefs should be turned into legislation. Theology, creeping or otherwise, is what Dominionism is about, and what they expect for their political support.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 67

Where are all those complaining about Sharia Law, are they now in favor of law based on religion since it it their religion?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 67

I am going to laugh very hard at previous posts. 
I couldn't care less and don't give a hoot whatever Obama did or didn't do. we keep on going to the past and pointing fingers, when we don't have a clear conclusion of what we are talking about.
It is called, Separation of State vs Church.
And that is the issue here. and hoping that they find a judge that will put an injunction to all of this and goes to the Supreme Court as it should.
I believe that I put a link in which shows that the Supreme Court has enough precedents and cases in which they have made it clear about the separation of Church and State.

It doesn't have to written in the Constitution. the Constitution is not the tablets that the Lord handed to Moses.  It is ammended and has been many times.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 67

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

WOW!!! That one is even more confusing than most. First of all, who was it gave me that homework assignment in 2008?

Second, after 20 years in the church all of a sudden....

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/DemocraticDebate/story?id=4443788&page=1

Third - "alt right"??? Are they preaching in churches these days?

Finally, O.K. you got "Der Trumper" in but where is the "Reagan taxscam"?? It certainly wouldn't have been any more off topic than the alt right.

O.K. I know I said "finally" but here is "finally redux" - for those unable to find "US News" to read the actual item and understand the timeline - go here -

http://www.newsweek.com/obama-disavows-rev-wright-destructive-comments-86183

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

--

Apparently the poster neglected to do her homework.  Wright was into politics from back in 2001 with this:  "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye... and now we are indignant, because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright_controversy

Obama and Wright were apparently close until he started running for President, then the media started examining those close to the candidate.  That's when Wright's political sermons became widely publicized and Obama severed ties with him for political reasons.

Kudos
Views