Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

Message 21 of 67

Hey Alferd packer!!  Thanks for pulling up the interview that supports my info. on Obama and Wright.  Guess we need to keep proving that unlike some Republicans, we don't just pull this stuff out of thin air!!  It was interesting to read again.  Nice to read the words of an intelligent, literate, moral president.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 67

Hey Alferd Packer--I do wish that Trump and those who think this latest wack job EO is something debatable, would learn what's in the Constitution.

With all the diversions about Obama's church, and all the denials of whatever isn't to one's liking, the bottom line is that the Constitution of the United States calls for the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. THIS IS JUST ANOTHER UNCONSTITUTIONAL PIECE OF GARBAGE THAT SOME FEDERAL JUDGE, WHO, I'M SURE HAS BETTER THINGS TO DO, WILL HAVE TO BLOCK.

Sure be nice if Trump would stop wasting everybody's time and money.  Oh wait, he really doesn't care about anybody else's money, does he?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 67

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

I really doubt that, otherwise he would have done so earlier in life.  But it does make a point  Bethat churches should concentrate on religion and encouraging people on the way to the afterlife.  Even Jesus himself said 'My Kingdom is not of this world'.

And, if they are not going to pay taxes, they should not get involved in politics. Tax dollars should not subsidize political speeches disguised as sermons. 

I agree.

Darn it Tex, its no fun at all if you agree with me. Thanks though. It really is amazing how well those rules have worked to keep from messing with our democracy.  Be good. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 67

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

I really doubt that, otherwise he would have done so earlier in life.  But it does make a point that churches should concentrate on religion and encouraging people on the way to the afterlife.  Even Jesus himself said 'My Kingdom is not of this world'.

And, if they are not going to pay taxes, they should not get involved in politics. Tax dollars should not subsidize political speeches disguised as sermons. 

I agree.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 67

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

I really doubt that, otherwise he would have done so earlier in life.  But it does make a point that churches should concentrate on religion and encouraging people on the way to the afterlife.  Even Jesus himself said 'My Kingdom is not of this world'.

So, if any of these religous organizations start "praciticing " politics mainly by their words will they loose their tax excempt stance?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 67

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 67

@rker321 wrote:

ocrisy.

Well Tx, for whatever the reasons, he still distanced himself  from that minister, probably if he wasn't the President, he wouldn't have paid any attention to what the guy said. But to my point, no religious person should speak about politics in church. period.

--

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 67

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK-Obsma (sic) and his wife were married in that church by that minister. I believe that Rev. Wright also baptized the two children.

However, when Rev. Wright began to get controversial and say things Mr. Obama saw as wrong, Obama and family left the church.

To the contrary, when criticism of Wright about his sermons became public during Obama's campaign he started distancing himself from the minister and church.  Before that they were good friends of Wright.  It was all political posturing to remove himself from media criticism of hypocrisy.

Well Tx, for whatever the reasons, he still distanced himself  from that minister, probably if he wasn't the President, he wouldn't have paid any attention to what the guy said. But to my point, no religious person should speak about politics in church. period.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 67

@pc6063 wrote:

RK-Obsma (sic) and his wife were married in that church by that minister. I believe that Rev. Wright also baptized the two children.

However, when Rev. Wright began to get controversial and say things Mr. Obama saw as wrong, Obama and family left the church.

To the contrary, when criticism of Wright about his sermons became public during Obama's campaign he started distancing himself from the minister and church.  Before that they were good friends of Wright.  It was all political posturing to remove himself from media criticism of hypocrisy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 67

RK-Obsma and his wife were married in that church by that minister. I believe that Rev. Wright also baptized the two children.

Mr. Obama spoke about it in an interview (been a long time, but I believe it was CNN).

He said it was a hard decision for him to make, but that there were some  things that just were wrong, and that Rev. Wright's comments were wrong.  He left the church.  

Kudos
Views