Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: White House Releases Doctored Video

Message 11 of 31

ManicProgressive:   What does that even mean, he’s not a journalist? He got his bachelors in Mass Communication and immediately went to work in radio. He’s been working in journalism since 1993.   What exactly does he have to do to be deemed a journalist?

For a start, it would help if he became a bootlicker like Hannity. I don't don't take what conservatives say very seriously because they live in fantasy land and will just make stuff up in defense of Trump. No matter how wrong or absurd. That doesn't get any respect from me.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 31
If Trump and Co. will stoop this low, what else will they stoop really low for? I can think of many, many things.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 31

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

This whole "thing" with Jim Acosta and the on-going hate-hate relationship manufactured and fueled by Trump and his Trumplican White House,  is nothing but nonsense and only the latest "distraction" for the sheep-like American public.  So in the debate on whether Mr. Acosta accosted that young woman (plant) or not, I say "NOT!"   That being said, I must ask, "What happened to The Invaders?"  My goodness, that's all we've heard about for the last month or more.  And now there's nothing but crickets.  Did they turn around and head back home or what?  Trump keeps our heads swivelling from one epic drama to the next artifical calamity. It 's hard to keep up.  In essence, this Trump/Acosta mess is just that ... a mess! 

If a person votes for a President and when that person becomes President he does what he promised - how does appreciating it make on 'sheep-like'?

As to "The Invaders" - they're still coming. Don't you watch or read the news?

I noted that he promised not to take any vacations and not to play golf. When did he promise to doctor videos so they would fit his narrative?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 31

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

This whole "thing" with Jim Acosta and the on-going hate-hate relationship manufactured and fueled by Trump and his Trumplican White House,  is nothing but nonsense and only the latest "distraction" for the sheep-like American public.  So in the debate on whether Mr. Acosta accosted that young woman (plant) or not, I say "NOT!"   That being said, I must ask, "What happened to The Invaders?"  My goodness, that's all we've heard about for the last month or more.  And now there's nothing but crickets.  Did they turn around and head back home or what?  Trump keeps our heads swivelling from one epic drama to the next artifical calamity. It 's hard to keep up.  In essence, this Trump/Acosta mess is just that ... a mess! 

If a person votes for a President and when that person becomes President he does what he promised - how does appreciating it make on 'sheep-like'?

As to "The Invaders" - they're still coming. Don't you watch or read the news?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 31

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
basically banned for doing his job. SAD!!! Maybe if Trump gave more press conferences Reporters wouldn't feel so frustrated for trying to do their job. Just my 2 cents. If you don't want to answer the tough questions, then you should not be President.

Harassing the President and hogging the mic is hardly "doing his job" by any reasonable interpretation.

Is Acosta one of your neo Marxists? Lay a little conspiracy down for us.

you still do not understand. neo-Marxism is a political ideology. a reporter hogging a mic and making himself the story is just ego.

it really isn't all that difficult if one is willing to honestly approach the issue.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 31

@cm9889168 wrote:

Obviously you didn't watch the News Conference.  I watched it all (responses above).  Also, did you know that Acosta is not a journalist (no shock) or even a press person?  He was on the Debate Team in school and knows nothing more than debating like his point means anything to anyone.  He starts many questions with "I challenge you...."  A REAL journalist will ask a question and then try to build his/her story from it. Acosta is an obnoxious jerk and deserves to be shut out of the WH...but maybe they should have just let him stay and ignore him completely from now on.  That might be more entertaining to watch.

What does that even mean, he’s not a journalist? He got his bachelors in Mass Communication and immediately went to work in radio. He’s been working in journalism since 1993.   What exactly does he have to do to be deemed a journalist?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 31

Obviously you didn't watch the News Conference.  I watched it all (responses above).  Also, did you know that Acosta is not a journalist (no shock) or even a press person?  He was on the Debate Team in school and knows nothing more than debating like his point means anything to anyone.  He starts many questions with "I challenge you...."  A REAL journalist will ask a question and then try to build his/her story from it. Acosta is an obnoxious jerk and deserves to be shut out of the WH...but maybe they should have just let him stay and ignore him completely from now on.  That might be more entertaining to watch.

Trump has made no secret about how he despises CNN.

Why did Trump call on Acosta and hand him the microphone?

Then broadcast a doctored video by the White House press Secretary to support a false narrative?

Trump and Republicans are playing the American people, this is just another of his stunts, and an attack on the fourth estate.

"His people" are buying it hook line and sinker, and saying that is giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 31

@Tom5678 wrote:
basically banned for doing his job. SAD!!! Maybe if Trump gave more press conferences Reporters wouldn't feel so frustrated for trying to do their job. Just my 2 cents. If you don't want to answer the tough questions, then you should not be President.

No, he was banned for his aggressive movements toward the female intern who was doing HER JOB.  Acosta's 'job' was to get factual news for his employer, not to fight with the President.  Acosta is lucky that Pres Trump even allows him to ask a question....then he wants to hog the mic and attack the President.

Do some research and see how many times Obama allowed FOX News (the #1 News Channel) to ask a question at a conference.  Obama didn't even go around the room....he had a prepared list of those he would call on and only chose from his list.

Trump enjoys the 'tough questions' and doesn't run from them....Acosta never asks a question or allows Trump to answer.  He's ready to debate him right away and then keeps interrupting him....not that's SAD!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 31

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Ummmm - attractive young woman seated in the front row leaps up to grap the mike from a donny detractor and donny relies on InfoWars for a photoshop of the evidence to support pulling the guys press pass?  Would it be different if she wasn't attractive?  It wasn't 'photoshopped' it was sped up a little but makes no difference anyway.  Acosta pushed her arm away...where's the MeNeedAttentionToo movement or does that only work for Liberal women?

1. Who is she and what was she doing grabbing the mike? She was doing her job - to take the mic from one person and give it to the other, and she was asked to take the mic because Acosta kept harassing the president and not allowing others to ask a question.

2. Who decided she'd be seated in the best possible location for mike grabbing?  Another useless question, since she WAS 'seated in the best possible location for mic (sp) grabbing' because (again) it was her job to pass the mic around which makes it quicker (except in hog-the-mic Acosta's case) so one questioner can't monopolize the questioning (as Acosta was doing after Pres Trump continually asked him to give her the mic).

3. Did lil donny promis to pay her legal fees if she smacked the guy? Or (more likely) did he promise to FIRE her if she DIDN'T get into a confrontation?  immature question

4. Does donny grab anthing of her's while off camera and is it covered by a NDA? you really are despicable

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 31

Kudos
Views