Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: White House: End Electric Car Subsidies

Message 1 of 53

@ManicProgressive wrote:

This is why we can’t have nice things. 

Lets hope our car companies ar smarter than our president. 

“Why we can’t have nice things.”

Would you please get that message quickly to the thousands upon thousands of illegals trying to get into this country! It would be a tragedy to disappoint them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 53

The radical left want all of us to support electric car subsidies while MOST of us know that electric cars need fossil fuels to charge up. Perhaps the left want the government to continue the study of the effect of the tsetse fly on "Climate Change" also? Make work projects grow the government until the government collapses under its own weight.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 53

Once again GOPer lies exposed when they try and find justification. A far right wing writer says he has "reservations" about C4C, and GOPerbots translate that into COMPLETE DISASTER.

Yet nothing on lil donny bankrupting thousands of small farmers with his moronic trade wars, disrupting the lives of a couple million Americans with his mindless Gov't shutdown or his decision to remove scientists from our study of climate change so he can replace them with scyophantic lickspittles who will draw nice Gov't pay and benefits for giving cover to donny's lies about a Global Disaster he doesn't want to acknowledge.

Is there some special training needed to be this blind to reality, or do they come by it naturally?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 53
Oceanflower posted...

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The subject of this thread is.. White House: End Electric Car Subsidies.

The subject actually is about promoting - or not, clean energy vehicles.

People buying electric cars are not paying state or federal gas taxes...

Gail responded to that claim but I believe you missed it. (See below)

More states will follow suit. The manufacture, purchase and supportive needs of these vehicles is only going to increase.

"At the State level, fuel taxes still pay (partly) for state road repair - as do tolls and other fee based taxes......In many states the (state) fuel tax on electric cars has just been switched to some other type tax specifically for these type of vehicles."

Green Tech Media - 07/05/2017 - Updated: 17 States Now Charge Fees for Electric Vehicles

============================================================

"17 States Now Charge Fees for Electric Vehicles" How much?

I take it you think paying people to buy electric cars with tax payer money is a good thing. I do not and I have posted why.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:

When talking about tax breaks do not forget that the people buying electric cars are people with money ...look at the cost of the cars that are getting the tax breaks, they are people with money and they should thank Obama and the Democrats.

People buying electric cars are not paying state or federal gas taxes...another gift from Obama and the Democrats.

Then there was the cash for clunker Obama program that turned out to be a complete disaster...remember? I do.

Was Cash for Clunkers a Success?
DEREK THOMPSON
AUG 21, 2009

Cash for Clunkers is set to end on Monday after burning through $3 billion in less than a month. The government's auto-revitalization program, which gave buyers up to $4500 after trading in their old cars, has moved more than 450,000 cars in the last few weeks. My colleague Conor Clarke, writing at the Daily Dish, says this is a testament to its success. He's right that "good stimulus is timely stimulus," but I think it's wrong to call C4C a success at this point, for a couple reasons.

Leaving aside the program's dubious environmentalist claims (you didn't qualify for a rebate if your old car's mpg was too high, and so on), I think it's likely that we'll look back on Cash for Clunkers as at best, unnecessary, and at worst, a bad idea. Conor writes that the speed with which the money was spent makes this an effective stimulus. From the standpoint of basic Keynesian economics, you certainly don't want your stimulus money spent in a relaxed manner. But the speed with which the C4C money was spent could also be evidence of its needlessness

As I wrote here, there is overwhelming evidenceof an historic pent-up demand for car purchases -- the average age of our current fleet is at an all-time high -- and it's really quite likely that all we've done is spend $3 billion to make thousands of buyers to move their third/fourth quarter purchases into two weeks. Jeremy Anwyl, CEO of auto information site Edmunds.com, wrote that it's not clear that Cash for Clunkers will increase 2009 sales at all.

Posting ten year old material from the floors of cattle feed lots.

Way outdated nonsense...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:

The subject actually is about promoting - or not,  clean energy vehicles.

People buying electric cars are not paying state or federal gas taxes...

Gail responded to that claim but I believe you missed it.  (See below)

More states will follow suit.  The manufacture, purchase and supportive needs of these vehicles is only going to increase.

"At the State level, fuel taxes still pay (partly) for state road repair - as do tolls and other fee based taxes......In many states the (state) fuel tax on electric cars has just been switched to some other type tax specifically for these type of vehicles."

Green Tech Media - 07/05/2017 - Updated: 17 States Now Charge Fees for Electric Vehicles

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 53

When talking about tax breaks do not forget that the people buying electric cars are people with money ...look at the cost of the cars that are getting the tax breaks, they are people with money and they should thank Obama and the Democrats.

People buying electric cars are not paying state or federal gas taxes...another gift from Obama and the Democrats.

Then there was the cash for clunker Obama program that turned out to be a complete disaster...remember? I do.

Was Cash for Clunkers a Success?
DEREK THOMPSON
AUG 21, 2009

Cash for Clunkers is set to end on Monday after burning through $3 billion in less than a month. The government's auto-revitalization program, which gave buyers up to $4500 after trading in their old cars, has moved more than 450,000 cars in the last few weeks. My colleague Conor Clarke, writing at the Daily Dish, says this is a testament to its success. He's right that "good stimulus is timely stimulus," but I think it's wrong to call C4C a success at this point, for a couple reasons.

Leaving aside the program's dubious environmentalist claims (you didn't qualify for a rebate if your old car's mpg was too high, and so on), I think it's likely that we'll look back on Cash for Clunkers as at best, unnecessary, and at worst, a bad idea. Conor writes that the speed with which the money was spent makes this an effective stimulus. From the standpoint of basic Keynesian economics, you certainly don't want your stimulus money spent in a relaxed manner. But the speed with which the C4C money was spent could also be evidence of its needlessness

As I wrote here, there is overwhelming evidenceof an historic pent-up demand for car purchases -- the average age of our current fleet is at an all-time high -- and it's really quite likely that all we've done is spend $3 billion to make thousands of buyers to move their third/fourth quarter purchases into two weeks. Jeremy Anwyl, CEO of auto information site Edmunds.com, wrote that it's not clear that Cash for Clunkers will increase 2009 sales at all.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 53

More baseless GOPerlies - perhaps this is how lil donny is going to get people to rejoin the labor force, have the GOP hire them to write absurd lies about things that actually improve the economy, like Cash for Clunkers which was a total success, so much so Ford Motor Company is starting their own program in the UK to boost sales of their more fuel efficient vehicles.

lil donny killed the program because he and his followers are total racist bigots and this was another chance to destroy something good President Obama had begun.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 53
williamb39198 posted...

Look no further than trump deems it more important to give an old donor buddy in Las Vegas hundreds of millions in tax breaks, than for the US to be the leader in clean energy technology or manufacturing.

We know what trump’s priorities are, and they are treasonous, and unpatriotic. Thanks to all for bringing forward the truth on what is taking place in clean energy and many other areas that trump is undermining. He has convinced his base that he holds the truth, when in

fact, he is a bag of lies!

==================================================================

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 53

We give subsidies to electric cars because they will help save our environment.

We give subisdities to KILL coal use because coal use KILLS PEOPLE

Lil' donny's revision to pollution controls is going to kill an additional 1,400 Americans EACH YEAR, bringing the death toll from coal to 14,400, nearly as many people as the NRA helps kill each year

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22