Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Which Country Is America’s Strongest Ally?

Message 1 of 4

I'm sort of a fan of Canada. Have friends up there. Traveled there many times. In some ways, they out shine us. 

Number one enemy (country)? I'll keep a wary eye on China and Russia, but I'm hesitant to label them enemy at this moment in time. Competitors - yes. North Korea? They're more China, Russia and South Korea's concern. I feel sorry for the North Korean people. Many of them have relatives in South Korea. Most live in poverty. Many escape to South Korea looking for work. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Gordyfl-interesting!

my instant thought was Germany, Uk, Canada.

With regard to enemies,  possibly it's because I was born in 54 but I always think of Russia as our number one enemy.

I see the second greatest threat to out country as the Alt. Right and other white supremacist groups like them, as they erode the moral fiber of our country.

thoughts from others?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
I think its britain, because we are, in reality, still part of that empire. we are the enforcement arm.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Which Country Is America’s Strongest Ally?

Message 4 of 4

Which Country Is America’s Strongest Ally?

For Democrats, it's Great Britain.

Republicans say it's Australia.

Independents claim our best ally is Canada.

North Korea is reagarded as Public Enemy #1 by Democrats, Republicans and Independents.

Democrats view Russia as Public Enemy #2.

“Americans tend to think that countries populated by people of their own race are allies of the United States.

For example, African-Americans rate Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Sierra Leone as allies, while white Americans consider these countries to be somewhat unfriendly.

Similarly, Latinos, but not whites, considered El Salvador to be an ally.

European countries are rated more friendly by whites than by either African-Americans or Latinos.”

Republicans are more likely to see countries as enemies than Democrats.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/02/03/upshot/which-country-do-americans-like-most-for-repub...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors