Where did your tax refund go?

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Where did your tax refund go?

Message 31 of 58

I  have everything ready now and are sending my taxes to our accountant. will see what happens, whether I get a refund or not and if I do it it is comparable to years passd.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 58

@Richva wrote:

I don't think there are any scriptures about the stupidity of liberalizing withholding tables in order to make the weekly paychecks seem bigger than they are . 

Isn't there scripture that says to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's? So what does your attempting to bring religion into a discussion about tax refunds?  Your comments are off-topic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 58

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

I know, I know, I know! Nobody asked for my two cents, but it was asked.....   Smiley Happy

And of course the poster asking what Jesus would do was completely off topic as was this post, as mine was dismissing the injection of religion.  The topic is about taxes and refunds.  There is a scripture about paying taxes as well.

I don't think there are any scriptures about the stupidity of liberalizing withholding tables in order to make the weekly paychecks seem bigger than they are . 

You are talking scripture but didn't God make the 7th commandment to deal with liberals?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 58

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

I know, I know, I know! Nobody asked for my two cents, but it was asked.....   Smiley Happy

And of course the poster asking what Jesus would do was completely off topic as was this post, as mine was dismissing the injection of religion.  The topic is about taxes and refunds.  There is a scripture about paying taxes as well.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 58

I guess my real point was....some, not saying you TxGrandpa2, let their party run their lives and not their moral compass is all.  Like the Bon Jovi song goes, "Have a nice day!" Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 58

@L42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 58

The door was open, so I must reply!

Romans 12:16 says:  "Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited."

Matthew 25:42-45 speaks: "For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink. I was a stranger and you did not invite me in. I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me." They also will answer, "Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick and in prison, and did not help you?"  "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

1st Peter 4:8-10: "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use what ever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it various forms".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 58

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

They would probably have spent it frivolously on things like schools, roads, high speed internet. Not invested it in higher deficits like the Republicans have. 

You can always return to the Treasury any refund you get because of the tax cut.  Think of the schools, roads, high speed internet you would be enabling.

Have a good evening.

The problem, of course, is that Trump screwed with the tax withholding tables in a very, very stupid attempt to make the cuts more impressive to the average citizen then they are.  The result is a significant reduction in the refund amount.  So, Trump touts tax cuts while the average (not the rich) taxpayers see less money in the one metric they use, the refund.  

In short, the electoral college elected a moron to be president. Thank God the majority of American voters did not elect him. 

You dwell on the "refund" in the tax code. Who cares about the refund? You should care about the income taxes PAID instead of refunded. If you don't like your refund, make it more (or less) by having more or less deducted. What's less is the income tax PAID except in some blue states that itemized deductions

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 58
I wonder what Jesus would do?................Richva......................You may want to ask Him.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 58

@Richva wrote:

The problem, of course, is that Trump screwed with the tax withholding tables in a very, very stupid attempt to make the cuts more impressive to the average citizen then they are.  The result is a significant reduction in the refund amount.  So, Trump touts tax cuts while the average (not the rich) taxpayers see less money in the one metric they use, the refund.  

Have you actually received your tax refund that you can speak from personal experience or is it that you are just repeating what is in the media?  Instead of a reduction, my refund was substantially more even than I usually ended up paying. 

My income including interest and dividends, was in the same range as before.  It wasn't the withholding tables because I have income from multiple sources that has no withholding.

The rest of your post is about Trump, so there is no doubt you want to make it about him and not about tax refunds.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors