Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Re: Where Did The Flu Go?

Message 1 of 12

@Richva wrote:

didn't you understand? And, yet, you ask me to explain the laws of the universe to YOU? LOL.

I kind of thought the rules of the universe would be to follow the science.  You seem to have other opinions. 

Wrong as always.  Science is the study of the laws of the universe therefore the laws of the universe do not depend on science.  If all intelligent life died, there would be no science but there would still be laws of the universe.

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 12

didn't you understand? And, yet, you ask me to explain the laws of the universe to YOU? LOL.

I kind of thought the rules of the universe would be to follow the science.  You seem to have other opinions. 

Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 12

@Richva wrote:

Wrong as always.  The proper precautions to avoid covid-19 are entirely defined by the laws of the universe which are not necessarily in coincidence with the CDC recommendations.  For example, the use of a negative ion generator may or may not be a proper precaution despite the CDC having no comment about negative ion generators.

Tell me about the laws of the universe. I cannot wait to hear this theory. 

'

Your fascination with ion generators intrigues me. What on God's green earth makes you think they would do anything against the Coronavirus?   https://www.inputmag.com/guides/do-not-buy-ozone-generator-for-coronavirus-covid-19 

My "fascination" with negative ion generators was fully explained elsewhere.  What part of

"3. For some unknown reason, online search results for "negative ion generator" are wrongly conflated with "ozone generator." To be clear, negative ion generators produce negligible ozone."

didn't you understand?  And, yet, you ask me to explain the laws of the universe to YOU?  LOL.

You are getting sleepy.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 12

Wrong as always.  The proper precautions to avoid covid-19 are entirely defined by the laws of the universe which are not necessarily in coincidence with the CDC recommendations.  For example, the use of a negative ion generator may or may not be a proper precaution despite the CDC having no comment about negative ion generators.

Tell me about the laws of the universe. I cannot wait to hear this theory. 

'

Your fascination with ion generators intrigues me. What on God's green earth makes you think they would do anything against the Coronavirus?   https://www.inputmag.com/guides/do-not-buy-ozone-generator-for-coronavirus-covid-19 

Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Message 5 of 12

@jfpinlvn  👍   Excellent post and oh my...more food for thought. 😁

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 12

I am lucky as I have had the flu several times throughout my lifetime but apparently have a good immune system and did the correct things to recover.  

BUT I'll admit I'm scared of this Coronavirus cause it's more contagious to begin with.  I don't like the idea of being smothered slowly to death.    Or having my lungs, heart or arteries eaten away.   

It's not like the flu---it's more dangerous.  

When a virus killed half the world's population there were no medical experts for advice,  no masks, social distancing .that was the black plague in the 1300's.

In 1918 --we had a pandemic in the USA that killed around 2 million people.   And if some of our Americans keep defying the experts and keep listening to Trump instead....I believe we'll all die but sooner than we may want to.      

Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 12

@Richva wrote:

There is nothing miraculous about it.  If you get a cold or flu, it means that you have not taken the proper precautions to avoid covid-19.

Which would be defined as sheltering in place until the metrics  set by the CDC are achieved, wearing a face mask when you have to go out, no gatherings of more than 5 people who stay 6-8 feet apart from each other.  

Just reminding everyone. 

You are getting sleepy.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 12

There is nothing miraculous about it.  If you get a cold or flu, it means that you have not taken the proper precautions to avoid covid-19.

Which would be defined as sheltering in place until the metrics  set by the CDC are achieved, wearing a face mask when you have to go out, no gatherings of more than 5 people who stay 6-8 feet apart from each other.  

Just reminding everyone. 

Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 12

@jfpinlvn wrote:

1. Social distancing, masks and other actions taken to mitigate COVID-19 has had a miraculous positive affect on the regular flu.

You are getting sleepy.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 12

Course, the count has gotten somewhat muddled with the Covid-19

The flu comes around every year.

Compare total deaths this time 2019 to  this time 2020.

It's about a 80K increase if I remember correctly, and that's with stay at home. That's basically March and April.

Really need to look at the Rt numbers compared to four weeks ago to see what's going on.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors