Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

Message 31 of 38

@ChasKy53wrote:

@mickstuderwrote:

Excuses - Excuses - Excuses...................................A Bunch of Teenagers With No Name Recognition - No Political Power..............................some not even old enough to Vote - just got one of the Most RED - Most NRA Supportive State Legislatures in the Country to PASS a GUN CONTROL BILL

How?

By getting Off Their - Behinds & Getting Out There With a Coherent Message..........without access to A National Platform or Conections with the MSM or Millions in Campaign Contributions 

You Guys Are Telling Me....................

192 Democrats in the US House of Representatives Cannot be as Productive as a Handful of Teenagers in One State

44 Democrats in the US Senate Cannot be as Productive as a Handful of Teenagers in One State

Let me do the Math for You - thats 236 Democrats in the US Congress - Some have been there for 40 Years or more......................

Again, Democrats in Congress Are Useless - and Democratic Supporters Are Even Worse By Enabling this Incompetence - like with the Lame Excuses Above!

I agree with you. It's a pretty sad state of affairs on both sides of the fence in Washington. I vote Democrat, but I can do little to change things in Washington. The state I live in keeps putting McConnell and Rand Paul in office. I would like to see many of the veterans in the Party gone, replaced with younger more progressive candidates. They need an aggressive platform supporting and attracting young Americans and the entire working class.

Both Parties have their hands far too deep into the corporate money trough, I've said that for years, but I do have to say that the Democrats are the least of the two evils, IMO.

The Prichard Committee Student Voice Team, an organization of students from middle school to college level, gathered for their monthly general meeting at KET to discuss their plans for the March for Our Lives KY Student Teach-In at the state Capitol to bring light to school safety in response to recent school shootings.

Source - http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/education/article202609929.html

Find a March on March 24th Near You -

Source - https://event.marchforourlives.com/event/march-our-lives-events/search/?source=ggnp_mfl_b&utm_source...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 38

@mickstuderwrote:

Excuses - Excuses - Excuses...................................A Bunch of Teenagers With No Name Recognition - No Political Power..............................some not even old enough to Vote - just got one of the Most RED - Most NRA Supportive State Legislatures in the Country to PASS a GUN CONTROL BILL

How?

By getting Off Their - Behinds & Getting Out There With a Coherent Message..........without access to A National Platform or Conections with the MSM or Millions in Campaign Contributions 

192 Democrats in the US House of Representatives Cannot be as Productive as a Handful of Teenagers in One State

44 Democrats in the US Senate Cannot be as Productive as a Handful of Teenagers in One State

Let me do the Math for You - thats 236 Democrats in the US Congress - Some have been there for 40 Years or more......................

Again, Democrats in Congress Are Useless - and Democratic Supporters Are Even Worse By Enabling this Incompetence - like with the Lame Excuses Above!

I agree with you. It's a pretty sad state of affairs on both sides of the fence in Washington. I vote Democrat, but I can do little to change things in Washington. The state I live in keeps putting McConnell and Rand Paul in office. I would like to see many of the veterans in the Party gone, replaced with younger more progressive candidates. They need an aggressive platform supporting and attracting young Americans and the entire working class.

Both Parties have their hands far too deep into the corporate money trough, I've said that for years, but I do have to say that the Democrats are the least of the two evils, IMO.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 38

@williamb39198wrote:

Have to agree with the aspect of it being tough for Dems to do anything in Congress with repubs not supporting any legislation brought forward. Also concur that there are no high profile issues being brought forward and stand out leader. But trump is still hogging the airwaves. I’m watching him speak now in Penn and he’s making stuff up, calling people names, and his usual spiel. 

One positive factor for the Dems, is the grassroots level of support and elections which are taking place. I think some inroads are being made there on the state and the local level. 

Some have said that the Dems cannot just run against trump, but need to connect with voters on the local level...maybe some of that is starting to take hold. Let’s hope so.

Start with a good foundation and work your way up. 

Who will become a real leader?

They are making progress in local elections, let's hope they build on that. The Dems can't rest on their laurels and try and win elections this fall by people voting against trump and the Republicans, they need to put out a platform that attracts the middle class and all working Americans.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 38

How?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 38

I agree,the Democrats seem to be asleep at the wheel, it may cost them too. I thought that they would starting to put out out an agenda by now for the elections coming this fall, they sorely need to.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 38

Have to agree with the aspect of it being tough for Dems to do anything in Congress with repubs not supporting any legislation brought forward. Also concur that there are no high profile issues being brought forward and stand out leader. But trump is still hogging the airwaves. I’m watching him speak now in Penn and he’s making stuff up, calling people names, and his usual spiel. 

One positive factor for the Dems, is the grassroots level of support and elections which are taking place. I think some inroads are being made there on the state and the local level. 

Some have said that the Dems cannot just run against trump, but need to connect with voters on the local level...maybe some of that is starting to take hold. Let’s hope so.

Start with a good foundation and work your way up. 

Who will become a real leader?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 38

@mickstuderwrote:

Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

Crickets on Gun Control

Impotent Crickets on the Tax Break for the Already Rich & Politically Powerful

Now we have a Incompetent Bumbling Idiot Possibly going to be allowed to Sit in a Room Alone with his Siamese Twin and Nothing From the Democrats

We need at least a Third Party if not more - if the best the DNC can come up with is Bernie/Warren or Joe Biden

The Current Democratic Leaderships Plan - their Policy Positions are more unknown then Trumps

Track Record over the last 1.5 years - NADA ZERO ZILCH!

Has there been a Single Democrat other than maybe Deutch that has said anything about the....................

March For Our Lives - Washington DC - March 24th - NATIONAL Mall - 10AM - 10 PM

The Republicans control everything that needs to get on the floor. So at the Democrats come up with something new Republicans just won't let it go through

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 38 of 38

Crickets on Gun Control

Impotent Crickets on the Tax Break for the Already Rich & Politically Powerful

Now we have a Incompetent Bumbling Idiot Possibly going to be allowed to Sit in a Room Alone with his Siamese Twin and Nothing From the Democrats

We need at least a Third Party if not more - if the best the DNC can come up with is Bernie/Warren or Joe Biden

The Current Democratic Leaderships Plan - their Policy Positions are more unknown then Trumps

Track Record over the last 1.5 years - NADA ZERO ZILCH!

Has there been a Single Democrat other than maybe Deutch that has said anything about the....................

March For Our Lives - Washington DC - March 24th - NATIONAL Mall - 10AM - 10 PM

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies