Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
253
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

253 Views
Message 11 of 38

What total crapola. Everything that has benefited the 99% has come from DEMOCRATS when they controlled the Congress and White House. Everything that redistributes wealth from the 99% to the very top of the 1% is from the REPUBLICANS.

 

The DEMOCRATS in Congress cannot pass gun legislation because the REPUBLICANS will not even allow the DEMOCRATIC legislation to be debated in the House or the Senate. If you want things to get better, get rid of the reason they've gotten worst - REPUBLICANS.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
253
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
261
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

261 Views
Message 12 of 38

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@nctarheelwrote:

 

I have taught human relations seminars and find the comment offensive as so many others have.



Then perhaps you should practice what you taught instead of continually criticizing others.  

 

What does your posts have to do with the subject of this thread? 

 


I have tried to keep this thread on topic but you, as you always do, try to divert the discussion.

 

After all, it was your response, @TxGrandpa2, to @williamb39198's post that took the thread in this direction.

 

You clearly refuse to recognize Trump's comment about "low IQ" as an inappropriate "race baiting dog whistle" comment as most people have.

 

I doubt you have ever taught any type of Human Relations seminars based on that refusal. One that taught that kind of class would recognize Trump's comment for what it is; not defend it as you have.

 

It is clear that you subscribe to the comment's meaning as you have continuously defended this inappropriate comment on the part of a President.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
261
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
270
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

270 Views
Message 13 of 38

@nctarheelwrote:

 

I have taught human relations seminars and find the comment offensive as so many others have.



Then perhaps you should practice what you taught instead of continually criticizing others.  I doubt your comments about that.  Even in the area of race relations you continually show bias.  Your posts continually violate ever principle of that subject matter.

 

What does your posts have to do with the subject of this thread? 

 

Have a good day.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
270
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
270
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

270 Views
Message 14 of 38

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@nctarheelwrote:


You needn't have made your RACE BAITING post so obvious.

 



I wasn't race baiting but just saying that because of her race and the fact that she is a congresswoman shouldn't give her any special privileges since she is a public official and should be considered equally as any other official.  

 

Besides in the past I taught seminars on this topic and human relations.


You still haven't mentioned whether you thought using the term "LOW IQ", a known race baiting dog whistle, was appropriate.

 

If you taught seminars on human relations, you would've had a negative opinion of the President's comment immediately but you seem to be in agreement with it.

 

I HAVE taught human relations seminars and find the comment offensive as so many others have.

 

A teacher of Human Relations would NEVER defend this "race baiting" comment of the President.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
270
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
266
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

266 Views
Message 15 of 38

@nctarheelwrote:


You needn't have made your RACE BAITING post so obvious.

 



To the contrary you need to get over your sensitivity about race, ethnicity, etc.  I wasn't race baiting but just saying that because of her race and the fact that she is a congresswoman shouldn't give her any special privileges since she is a public official and should be considered equally as any other official.

 

You are the one who is alway bringing attention to race and ethnic groups by inferring that one is better than any else.  You are the one who keeps inferring that one ethnic group is entitled to preferential attention.

 

You have no idea about my views on race relations, but I believe I might have a better understanding than someone who is always making an issue of it.  Besides in the past I taught seminars on this topic and human relations.  Both is something that is missing by some here.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
266
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
268
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

268 Views
Message 16 of 38

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@williamb39198wrote:

 

Maxine Waters a person of low IQ. Is that appropriate to say about an African American woman, and a member of Congress?


Her race and being a member of Congress is supposed to make her exempt from criticism?


You needn't have made your RACE BAITING post so obvious.

 

Since you mentioned race and mentioned position; and yet, failed to mention whether the comment "LOW IQ" was appropriate; one could only surmise that you think it IS appropriate.

 

This "dog whistle" of a comment to be approved by you is bad enough; but for it to have come out of a President's mouth is worse.

 

I guess it is pretty clear, by your approval of Trump's comment, where you stand on race relations.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
268
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
268
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

268 Views
Message 17 of 38

@williamb39198wrote:

 

Maxine Waters a person of low IQ. Is that appropriate to say about an African American woman, and a member of Congress?


Her race and being a member of Congress is supposed to make her exempt from criticism?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
268
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
269
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

269 Views
Message 18 of 38

@Loulitwrote:

 

 

Dems have little chance of passing any meaningful legislation. Most of the agenda Trump's enacted has been by Executive Order. All it takes to overturn an Executive Order is an order from a new executive. 

 


There is more to your point than might meet the eye to some. When it is mentioned that trump did executive orders the Right counters with all of the ones that Obama did. Obama did many of his executive order because a Republican Congress wouldn't legislate. Oddly, they support some of the orders he signed.  Funny, but some of the executive orders that Trump did overturning executive orders that Obama put into place, it was because the Republicans would not have sign legislation doing that same thing. Many of the executive orders  that trump singed were unpopular with both parties and the majority of Americans and they have bad consequences.

 

Here in Kentucky we have arsenic showing up in water analysis done by the state in a certain creek. This started happening after trump signed his executive order allowing the coal industry and others to dump their sludge into our waterways. Trump is taking us backwards.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
269
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
264
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

264 Views
Message 19 of 38

@mickstuderwrote:

@Loulitwrote:

One would think that about now Democrats would be swinging for the fences.

 

On the other hand, maybe the election of Trump is the kick in the pants the Dems needed to wise up.

 

Trump is on the ground, bleeding: high ranking Republicans petitioned against his steel and aluminum tariffs;  his son-in-law is denied Top Secret clearance;  a porn star is seeking to overturn an injunction so she can resume suing him;  Hope Hicks resigns, Omarosa Manigault resigns, Tom Price resigns, Steve Bannon resigned or was fired; Anthony Scarramucci is fired, Reince Priebus is fired (we think, he might have resigned, who knows?), Sean Spicer resigns, Walter Shaub resigns; Mike Dubke resigns; John Thompson resigns; James Comey is fired; Katie Walsh resigns or is fired (so hard to tell with this administration); Michael Flynn resigns; Sally Yates is fired; Rob Porter resigns (in no small part due to a picture of his ex-wife with a black eye); Mueller is issuing subpoenas to what seems like everyone Trump's ever met (a little hyperbole just for fun).

 

Maybe the Dems are smart in getting the heck out of the way while the man destroys himself. Why bump heads and risk stirring up sympathy for Trump?

 

Lest ye think the names mentioned were unimportant bit players, the offices they held include:

 

Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison.

Health and Human Services Secretary.

Chief Strategist.

Communications Director.

Chief of Staff.

White House Press Secretary.

Office of Government Ethics Director (shocker).

Communications Director (yep, another one).

U.S. Census Bureau Director.

FBI Director.

Deputy Chief of Staff.

National Security Adviser

Acting Attorney General.

Staff Secretary.

 

And last but not least: Gary Cohn, Chief Economic Adviser.

 

I say the Dems are right to stay in a neutral corner while the referee counts The Donald out.

 

 

 

 


What many misunderstand and is the basis of my disgust with the Democratic Party in the US Congress is this........................................

 

Obama thought playing Fair was the way to ultimately bring out the best in Americans - you remember the whole - when they go low - we go high thingy .......................that has been proven over and over again to be a losing strategy for Democrats all the way back to Carter.................when they go Low and you go High you end up doubled over in pain and writhing on the Floor.................and the Refs are only going to see your retaliation!

 

We only win when we control the Fight by first understanding when it's a fight and second by getting in the First Punch..............................

 

Gone Forever are the Days of Good winning over Evil by Default - Evil has to be Defeated with a Merciless Beat Down - every time it rears it's ugly head - all this other stuff is - Fairy Tales

 

 

 

 


And you don't think the man has been mercilessly beaten down enough? I can't think of a new way to attack him. This brings to mind the Far Right nuts who defend everything Trump does over on the Fox News forum. If Trump drowned kittens in sulfuric acid on live TV, these people would tell you he did the right thing. He had to kill the kittens because of something or other Hillary and Obama did. There's no shot at persuading those people of anything.

 

Trump's approval rating is under 40%; The stump speech in support of Rick Saccone barely mentioned Rick Saccone. He did rate the candidates according to handsome they are -- he, of course, being the most handsome. To Trump, everything is about Trump no matter where he goes.

 

Dems have little chance of passing any meaningful legislation. Most of the agenda Trump's enacted has been by Executive Order. All it takes to overturn an Executive Order is an order from a new executive. 

 

He loses almost every case he takes to court. He's now suing the State of California (home of the world's 6th largest economy) and I don't blame him because they're in darned near open rebellion.

 

If this were a football game, Trump's critics would be flagged for piling on. This is still the United States. It is still possible to take the high road. If we defeat him through hate and and constant attacks we've won nothing. Or must we now stoop to the level of Trump's base to defeat him? Stick a fork in him, he's done. Let's not let anger and frustration get the better of us. It would play right into his hands.


 

 

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
264
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
279
Views

Re: Where Are The Democrats in the US Congress?

279 Views
Message 20 of 38

@mickstuder

Mick, I have a lot of agreement with what you have said to describe the current plight of Dems, especially since the last election. Gone are the days of being too passive. The repubs are always on offense and taking the first swipe (which is not necessarily about truth or fairness).

We need to be more aggressive on issues, statements made, and distortions of facts. In retrospect, how long has it taken to call trump on being a liar. What if there had been more of an effort to call trump an out and out liar, racist and bigot during his campaign. Instead many were not willing to make that call. We okayed his behavior. Too passive. Get strong Dems, take a lesson from the kids in Florida. I’m not always for throwing the first punch, but I’m not for just turning the other cheek. Let’s let others know if they throw a punch, watch out, there’s going to be a high hard one coming back at you!

 

fair is fair, show respect, demand respect

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
279
Views