When will Trump supporters say "Ok, this is not normal"?

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When will Trump supporters say "Ok, this is not normal"?

Message 1 of 9

"...I asked him to give me an example and he said Trump has brought back millions of jobs to this country. I asked him what type of jobs was he referring to and he said merchandise....".

Typical. I've seen so few people interviewed that state they support such-and-such a candidate and have an idea of what that candidate has done or not done. Applies to all political parties. People are ignorant. They support (or claim to support) a candidate based on some phrase they've heard on the news. Rarely can they give a real example of a candidates accomplishments.

No different for the prez.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

Some people may be regretting their support.

Adam Serwer🍝Verified account @AdamSerwer

Adam Serwer

🍝 Retweeted Dominic Holden

Congrats to the log cabin republicans on their recent trump endorsement

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

68648491_10216906874317873_5741932226015133696_n.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9
This morning a man I don't know told me that Trump has done many good things for our country. I asked him to give me an example and he said Trump has brought back millions of jobs to this country. I asked him what type of jobs was he referring to and he said merchandise.
Merchandise is a broad subject so I ended the conversation with one final question: Does he normally vote Republican? Nope he told me, Trump was the first time. He's not sure who he'll vote for this time, but it won't be Bernie, Kamala or Elizabeth.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@JANMB wrote:

Talk about Greenland got the media and viewers attention   and no one (not even Trump) believed this was anything serious.   ( Diversion tactic )     

Trump also tweeted recently  that he'll continue to "work 'brilliantly."    His rhetorek about Greenland  apparently brought forth this praise of himself. 

I would say the republicans AGREE..with the declaration = "brilliantly"  as   .his    job approval among Republicans in recent nationally representative polls,  found that his approval stands at 84% (Monmouth University), 79% (AP-NORC), and 88% (Fox News).  

It seems to be a recurring theme.   People in power are often weird,   devious, evil or  crazy.   King George to Caligula in ancient times were  insane rulers.   A more recent list  could be   Putin ----Kim-Jong un - -the Ayatollah----HITLER --Musolini--Stalin--Tôjô Hideki- --Saudi-Abdullah bin Abdulaziz - Hamas---OBL      Will HISTORY add Trump's name .......

You are implying that his cancelling his trip to Denmark over this issue was also a diversionary tactic?  What was he diverting? Attention away from Chinese tariffs? Sorry, not buying it and neither is the right leaning author of the opinion piece. Looking like an excuse for the impetuous actions of a Snowflake. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9
JANMB posted..

Talk about Greenland got the media and viewers attention and no one (not even Trump) believed this was anything serious. ( Diversion tactic )

Trump also tweeted recently that he'll continue to "work 'brilliantly." His rhetorek about Greenland apparently brought forth this praise of himself.

I would say the republicans AGREE..with the declaration = "brilliantly" as .his job approval among Republicans in recent nationally representative polls, found that his approval stands at 84% (Monmouth University), 79% (AP-NORC), and 88% (Fox News).

=========================================

Harry Truman also wanted to buy Greenland. I like the idea but I do not think it will happen.

Trumps job approval is high with Republicans because he is doing or trying to do what he was elected to do. If you would ask..do you think Trump should tone down his rhetoric I think you would see much different numbers.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Talk about Greenland got the media and viewers attention   and no one (not even Trump) believed this was anything serious.   ( Diversion tactic )     

Trump also tweeted recently  that he'll continue to "work 'brilliantly."    His rhetorek about Greenland  apparently brought forth this praise of himself. 

I would say the republicans AGREE..with the declaration = "brilliantly"  as   .his    job approval among Republicans in recent nationally representative polls,  found that his approval stands at 84% (Monmouth University), 79% (AP-NORC), and 88% (Fox News).  

It seems to be a recurring theme.   People in power are often weird,   devious, evil or  crazy.   King George to Caligula in ancient times were  insane rulers.   A more recent list  could be   Putin ----Kim-Jong un - -the Ayatollah----HITLER --Musolini--Stalin--Tôjô Hideki- --Saudi-Abdullah bin Abdulaziz - Hamas---OBL      Will HISTORY add Trump's name .......

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@Richva wrote:

This is a different perspective from a right leaning columnist who has tried to convince Trump supporters that something is wrong with Trump.  I love the reference to Greenland and how she points out what a "real" real estate developer would have done. 

This is a president who canceled a state visit because the prime minister of Denmark declined to sell part of Danish territory to the United States. Can you really look at that sort of behavior and think Trump’s critics have the derangement problem?

It’s not particularly odd to want to add Greenland to U.S. territorial holdings. President Harry S. Truman thought the same thing and tried to buy it from Denmark in 1946, because the massive island is in a strategically valuable location. What’s bizarre is thinking that the way to go about it was to openly discuss the matter — successful real estate moguls generally try to buy up land as quietly as possible, not float their plans to any random dinner companion who might run to the media, driving up the asking price.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/23/when-will-trump-supporters-finally-say-okay-this-...

When is the last time somebody was able to "buy" a populated area in a deal that included the population? Did donny think he'd evict the Natives? Perhaps replace them with the kids he's kidnapped so they'd be out of the news?

Harry might have offered to buy Greenland, but I find it impossible to consider he called the Danish PM "Nasty" for saying NO.

Donny Bonespurs has already assured his place as the WORST President in American History, and yet each day he wakes to find more reasons to support that place in History.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

When will Trump supporters say "Ok, this is not normal"?

Message 9 of 9

This is a different perspective from a right leaning columnist who has tried to convince Trump supporters that something is wrong with Trump.  I love the reference to Greenland and how she points out what a "real" real estate developer would have done. 

This is a president who canceled a state visit because the prime minister of Denmark declined to sell part of Danish territory to the United States. Can you really look at that sort of behavior and think Trump’s critics have the derangement problem?

It’s not particularly odd to want to add Greenland to U.S. territorial holdings. President Harry S. Truman thought the same thing and tried to buy it from Denmark in 1946, because the massive island is in a strategically valuable location. What’s bizarre is thinking that the way to go about it was to openly discuss the matter — successful real estate moguls generally try to buy up land as quietly as possible, not float their plans to any random dinner companion who might run to the media, driving up the asking price.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/23/when-will-trump-supporters-finally-say-okay-this-...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors