Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When the rain stops

Message 11 of 17

I think there was a problem with gas stations overcharging as well after Hurricane. Please,  watch those pop up disaster relief funds also. New Jersey had dozens of these sites posy Sandy.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 17

TxGrandpa2,

Thanks so much for your post. There are still lawsuits years after Sandy hit New Jersey.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 17

@n566192l wrote:

Just everyone stay safe. I still remember when Sandy hit New Jersey. Watch the contractors, do your research. 

Especially watch the contractors.  Plenty of people were ripped off in rebuilding after Harvey. 

We stayed on our contractor daily for progress reports, knew where he lived and  had a written contract.  We found the best way to find someone reputable was to check with counter-salespeople at building supply companies.  They had an interest in recommending good ones.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 17

Just everyone stay safe. I still remember when Sandy hit New Jersey. Watch the contractors, do your research. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 17

@Richva wrote:

The real test of Trump's FEMA will be the rescue and recovery efforts. You all know what I think of Trump's lack of competence. 

I believe he was President last year when we had the Harvey floods in our area.  FEMA doesn't do rescue and recovery, but they were there with shelter and rebuilding assistance.  We had no complaints... in fact FEMA people came by several times to make sure we had applied and were getting the assistance we needed.

We did manage to get rid of a bumper crop of satsuma oranges by giving them to the FEMA people coming by.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 17
Hopefully he won't go down there and throw rolls of paper towels at people like he did in Puerto Rico is all I can say!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

When the rain stops

Message 17 of 17

We certainly cannot blame the Trump administration/FEMA for the deaths while the storm is in full swing. I don't think even Trump would claim to be able to mitigate the power of a Hurricane.  The real test of Trump's FEMA will be the rescue and recovery efforts. You all know what I think of Trump's lack of competence. Let's hope I am wrong this time. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors