Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When the rain stops

Message 1 of 17

I have seen a heart pouring of volunteers and supplies for the victims of hurricane Florence. Many have come from all different states just cheering our fellow sister States. People who have endured Katrina Sandy everyone all these other horrific natural disasters are down here to lend support its heartwarming.  Even on the anniversary of Maria that hit Puerto Rican Island there's actually volunteers down here helping out fellow Americans who were recently impacted by Hurricane Florence. hats off to everyone as we stand shoulder-to-shoulder and make America proud again. Not just in words but by our deeds in our actions to our fellow man. Every man woman and child not just one individual.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

Richva,

I  hope you are doing well and are safe. I am driving a truck full of supplies down to the areas hit by Hurricane Florence

If there are any road updates you can share with me I would appreciate it. I am having a hard time with the trucks GPS

Thanks Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@Tom5678 wrote:
Hopefully he won't go down there and throw rolls of paper towels at people like he did in Puerto Rico is all I can say!

No worries - His EPA has put a hold on paper towels going to flood victims because they'll need them to sop up the oil from Keystone and other pipeline disasters as the deregualted industry begins shoving more "product" thru the lines at much higher pressures. They've granted a special White House dispensation on their supply of the DependsTM the Orange One has been going thru in record numbers.

I understand the plan is for him to throw mylar space blankets to the crowd - ones he took away from the kidnapped Refugee children he's got sleeping on the concrete floors of abandoned Walmarts for $960/day.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

@Richva wrote:

Yep. Big difference between what happened in Texas and what happened in Puerto Rico.  Still we will see how they do after this one. 

Puerto Rico was due to inept and crooked local governments.  Isn't it mostly Democrats?

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

Richva,

How are you doing? The flooding looks so bad. I just heard, New Jersey is sending down supplies. Other States or mobilizing supplies and volunteers to assist.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17
  • I just hope every state gets what is needed. Without any , this help is going to break the budget, or whatever the stupid quote was by Trump. 
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17
All the carolina republicans will now say gimme gimme while lying about the left lol.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The real test of Trump's FEMA will be the rescue and recovery efforts. You all know what I think of Trump's lack of competence. 

I believe he was President last year when we had the Harvey floods in our area.  FEMA doesn't do rescue and recovery, but they were there with shelter and rebuilding assistance.  We had no complaints... in fact FEMA people came by several times to make sure we had applied and were getting the assistance we needed.

We did manage to get rid of a bumper crop of satsuma oranges by giving them to the FEMA people coming by.

Yep. Big difference between what happened in Texas and what happened in Puerto Rico.  Still we will see how they do after this one. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17
n566192l posted..

Just everyone stay safe. I still remember when Sandy hit New Jersey. Watch the contractors, do your research.

===============================================================

Yes you have to watch contractors regardless of were you live and if or if not its about storm damage.

When we moved and had some major remodeling done on our new home we found a contractor that had built several homes in our new town. She charged us $450 for a building permit..and we found out that she did not get it! That and other things ...I filled a complaint but before they could serve it she moved out of state.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

@n566192l wrote:

TxGrandpa2,

Thanks so much for your post. There are still lawsuits years after Sandy hit New Jersey.

There's a good deal of them here also.  Some friends paid a contractor and he took off.  They located him and now he has a lawsuit against him.   Some took money from people then disappeared.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors