There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When do we see the "effective" Trump?

Message 1 of 8

"the donald" will NOT change.  He is what he is. So are those with whom he surrounds himself.

He lies.  He lies to 'us'.  He lies to 'them'. He lies to 'everybody'...it appears he even lies to himself.  IF everybody doesn't knows it by now, they have had their head burried in some dank, dark place. Lies work in business, poker and con-games...up to a point.  Then they don't.  That's where we are now.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Donald has learned that he cannot rule by edict.    The courts around the country have told him that in no uncertain terms.    He has a group of ideologues who have no experience in government, who are just like him.    Not knowing how a government works will mean that he can't accomplished much of anything.

He has photo-ops and talks with some world leaders - aka listening to ABE without his earpiece- and blah blah blah.   Pence has been greatly damaged by the Flynn affair.

Congress thus far is resigned to work through CRA's  and resolutions.   

Meanwhile  people are finally waking up to the disaster they voted for and are taking a stand against local politicians.   

I am amused to watch the screaming of the far-right and their spinning of conspiracy theories.   I did have to smile, when even Erick Erickson (once editor of RedState and now has his own blog) is denouncing some of the  'news media" that Donald is allowing in Press Corp.  http://theresurgent.com/trump-invites-a-cesspool-of-fake-news-to-cover-the-white-house-and-im-not-ta...

Better yet is the outing of the 31 yo who is now whispering into Donald's ear:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/politics/kfile-stephen-miller-terrorism-awareness/index.html    When that cracks, the entire WH will become a joke and with it all the GOP who climbed into that clown car.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

I would like to see him focus on the economy. His big grand tax plan and all that.  I don't have much hope for it, but I'd much rather he do that than sit there signing all his executive orders that demonize brown people. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Richva---OH, OH, OH!!  I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS ONE!!!

we will see the effective Trump

(drum roll)

NEVER

UNLESS by "EFFECTIVE" you mean when will we see that THE IDIOT has effectively weakened the US and greatly diminished the way the rest of the world sees us.

IF THAT IS THE CASE, I believe he EFFECTIVELY began to show the world that -JANUARY 20, 2017

-unless you count, of course, those very treasonous discussions with regard to sanctions against Russia with the Russians

and then, of course, the answer would be he EFFECTIVELY began his diminishing of America November 8th, 2016.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

And yet, our  posters on the Right do not jump in to say "Here is where we have seen an effective Trump presidency".  I wonder why that is? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

You won't, This is only the beginning...it will get worse before anything gets better.  We've got the wrong people heading up this lash-up and they're gonna be hard to get rid of.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I don't think we will ever see a logical, sane rational donald.

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

When do we see the "effective" Trump?

Message 8 of 8

We are starting to see analysis of why there is so much chaos in the Trump White House.  No government experience.  No experience as an employee, only as the boss. The only type of business he has ever run is the inherited family business....the list goes on. 

One thing he told us again and again is "I am a smart guy".  Yet, he seems not to realize that government is NOT a business. It has different goals, different stakeholders, and different dangers. 

Does anyone  really thing holding a strategy session on how to react to the North Koreans; outdoors in the middle of a public restaurant (Mar-A-Lago) is a good idea?

Does anyone think his National Security Advisor discussing lifting sanctions with the Russions before he tqkes office is a good idea?

Does anyone think hammering Nordstroms for dropping his millionaire daughter's line of clothing is a good idea?

When, exactly, do we expect him to become competent? 

Kudos
Views
Replies