Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

Message 81 of 125

Abrams is quoted as saying something stupid. There had to be more to the story - or maybe not, we have no way of knowing.

And then - we're off to the races. Naturally, the left's race prism gets into play and even mentioning the stupid statement must be based on race, not stupidity.

And then class warfare - mentioning the stupid statement must have to do with poor people.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 125

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

The Cry Baby takes a twist.jpgSad story takes a twist

Privet mu drug - how's the weather in Moscow?

In my neighborhood, several of the dad's took public transportation to work and mom had the car during the day. Pretty sure Dad was not banned from using the car since he drove it on weekends and after work.

But if I'd been black, chances are dad would've had to hitchhike to and from work because Republicans had eliminated public transportation in black neighborhoods so they could afford to run buses out to the lilly white suburbs. Leaving the car for mom wopuld've been just a safety thing, there being little or no police protection, again thanks to Republicans.

If you'd have grown up in America, you'd know this - ne tak il?

Truth. 

Nonsense.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Some right wingers seem to have a hard time keeping up with the simple posting system here!

What is the 'simple posting system' here? 

Is it that one can only reply to a post if it's directed to them, or is it as it has ALWAYS been here where anyone can reply to a post?  Or is it that one has to be liberal orientated to reply to posts?  

That's random, I wasn't responding to your post.

You still didn't answer what the 'simple posting system' here is.  I was responding to yours, but that is immaterial to the question.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what I meant. Manic asked you a question. Soosie answered it as if she had been asked the question that wasn't even pertinent to her because she has no wife.  Is that too hard to follow?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

People who don’t lie generally think others are telling the truth. People who lie all the time assume everyone is lying.  But maybe it’s because Trump has taken lying to an entirely new level, you just assume politicians all lie.

Where does Trump fit into this discussion?  Besides he is not under discussion here.

And who are you accusing of lying?  There are some who looks past the words people write or say at what they are actually saying.  From what I have seen in many posts here there is an attempt among some to cloud the truth to fit their political opinions.

Looking at Abrams background I have to take what she said with a grain of salt.  Remember also she is also a politician. 

You and soosie are the only ones accusing someone of lying. Abrams.  Based on nothing. Says more about you than it does her.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 125

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

In my neighborhood, several of the dad's took public transportation to work and mom had the car during the day. Pretty sure Dad was not banned from using the car since he drove it on weekends and after work.

But if I'd been black, chances are dad would've had to hitchhike to and from work because Republicans had eliminated public transportation in black neighborhoods so they could afford to run buses out to the lilly white suburbs. Leaving the car for mom wopuld've been just a safety thing, there being little or no police protection, again thanks to Republicans.

Truth. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

In my neighborhood, several of the dad's took public transportation to work

Not every neighborhood or areas has public transportation.  Those of us in rural towns or areas face long distances to work.  But we found a way that both had transportation.  In the case of the original post there is no way that a spouse would wait at home for the husband to walk miles either in the rain or whatever to return.

About as believable as a father saying he had to walk five miles to school, even in the snow.

Again, she picked him up.  If you’ve never had a broken down car or had transportation go less  than perfectly, count yourself very lucky. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 125

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Some right wingers seem to have a hard time keeping up with the simple posting system here!

Is it that one can only reply to a post if it's directed to them, or is it as it has ALWAYS been here where anyone can reply to a post?  Or is it that one has to be liberal orientated to reply to posts?  

You still didn't answer what the 'simple posting system' here is.  I was responding to yours, but that is immaterial to the question.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 125

@Olderscout66 wrote:

In my neighborhood, several of the dad's took public transportation to work

Not every neighborhood or areas has public transportation.  Those of us in rural towns or areas face long distances to work.  But we found a way that both had transportation.  In the case of the original post there is no way that a spouse would wait at home for the husband to walk miles either in the rain or whatever to return.

About as believable as a father saying he had to walk five miles to school, even in the snow.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 125

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views