Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

Message 51 of 125

@ManicProgressive wrote:

He did NOT walk 30 miles. She went and picked him up. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Did you neglect to read the part of "One rainy night, my mom got worried. We piled in the car and went out looking for him" ?

There was one car but she waited until he was out walking in the rain to get worried?  No thought that he would have to walk 30 miles in the rain to get home before she got worried? 

It's amazing the lengths apologists here will go through to protect liberal politicians.  And what would that have to do with a Democratic rebuttal to the State of the Union?  She keeps the car while he has to go 30 miles to work?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 125

@oceanedge2 wrote:

".....so my mom and us hopped in the car to look for him, we found him...."

.....there is still the question of why her mother would sit at home while her husband had to walk 30 miles in the rain.

"She picked him up" has repeatedly been posted as the clear answer to that, repeated question.  Accepting the simple truth, clearly printed here for all to read, is STILL, stubbornly refused.  Instead THE LIE, DEMEANING PUT DOWN, is seemingly cherished.

"Your mom couldn't be bothered to pick him up?"

some Christians judge and condemn as if their view is more relevant than others without understanding the facts of the matter.

Understanding would deny the opportunity to keep that feeling of superiority intact.

So the family waved HiYa ~ SeeYa, pulled a u-turn and left dad in the rain so mom could get back to her sitting at home?

It is pathetic that for some, a lie is more valuable than a truth because it suits THEIR purpose.  If that were not true, the original post would would not have been offered up here.  But it was.

It just does not compute for some.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And you have NO IDEA what the subject of the posts' life was like, yet some Christians judge and condemn as if their view is more relevant than others without understanding the facts of the matter.

This has nothing to do with Christians or religion but is a political discussion.  And while you are posting scriptures you might remember the Pharisees and Sadducees in their discussions with Jesus.  When someone that hasn't been exhibiting Christian principles in their posts suddenly starts attacking the religion of others one must be suspect.  Besides it is easy for non-religious persons to look up scripture.

As far as discussing Abrams life, one must remember that she is a politician and her speech was geared towards a favorable impression.  Anyone who has been around for a while should know to take politician's speeches with a grain of salt.

As far as that speech there is still the question of why her mother would sit at home while her husband had to walk 30 miles in the rain.

He did NOT walk 30 miles. She went and picked him up. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 125

@cm9889168 wrote:

One thing that's obvious.  There seems to be a lot of well-balanced posters...they have a chip on each shoulder.

Yep, someone posting this meme/topic is full evidence of that.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 125

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Transcript from her speech:

"Now, we only had one car, so sometimes my dad had to hitchhike and walk long stretches during the 30 mile trip home from the shipyards. One rainy night, my mom got worried. We piled in the car and went out looking for him, and we eventually found my dad making his way along the road, soaked and shivering in his shirt sleeves."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/us/politics/stacey-abrams-speech.html

Their family wasn't the only ones who had just one car where both the spouses worked.  We were in the same boat for years, but we always made arrangements for transportation.  Here in rural areas of Texas transportation is vital due to the distances.  Her speech sounds much like political talk.

She was setting at home while he was trying to walk 30 miles???

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 125

@cm9889168 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

What makes you think he didn’t? Did you have an answering machine back then? I sure didn’t. Did your wife sit at home all day watching TV? I sure don’t.

No she didn't.  Both of us have worked for years up until I retired.  For years we only had one vehicle until we could afford two, and the second one was an older model that wasn't dependable.  But as I have posted we made sure the other had transportation to work and neither had to walk or hitchhike in the rain.  Here in our part of Texas things are far between.  My work here was 15 miles one way, no public transportation like in metropolitan areas such as Washington.

It is interesting that when one liberal says something the rest take it as gospel truth.

True.  And they call Conservatives a 'clan'?

No, but sometimes 'Klan' is befitting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 125

@Soosie wrote:
I've taken care of it ChasKy53. You don't have to worry about it anymore.

Ok, I'll just LOL now.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 125

.....there is still the question of why her mother would sit at home while her husband had to walk 30 miles in the rain.

"She picked him up" has repeatedly been posted as the clear answer to that, repeated question.  Accepting the simple truth, clearly printed here for all to read, is STILL, stubbornly refused.  Instead THE LIE, DEMEANING PUT DOWN, is seemingly cherished.

"Your mom couldn't be bothered to pick him up?"

some Christians judge and condemn as if their view is more relevant than others without understanding the facts of the matter.

Understanding would deny the opportunity to keep that feeling of superiority intact.

So the family waved HiYa ~ SeeYa, pulled a u-turn and left dad in the rain so mom could get back to her sitting at home?

It is pathetic that for some, a lie is more valuable than a truth because it suits THEIR purpose.  If that were not true, the original post would would not have been offered up here.  But it was.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

This has nothing to do with Christians or religion but is a political discussion. 

It has everything to do with Christians not acting as Christians.  Miss Abrams demonstrated far mor (sic) Christian like behavior than many faux-Christians do.

Thanks for your input.

Suggest those quoting scripture for their own devious purposes take note.

LMAO!  Quoting scriptures to remind a few Christians that they are falling short of what Jesus taught is called "devious".  Classic!  I must have missed the part where Ms. Abrams judged others and smeared their intent.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

This has nothing to do with Christians or religion but is a political discussion. 

It has everything to do with Christians not acting as Christians.  Miss Abrams demonstrated far mor (sic) Christian like behavior than many faux-Christians do.

Thanks for your input.

Suggest those quoting scripture for their own devious purposes take note.

Kudos
Views