Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

Message 91 of 125

@ManicProgressive wrote:

People who don’t lie generally think others are telling the truth. People who lie all the time assume everyone is lying.  But maybe it’s because Trump has taken lying to an entirely new level, you just assume politicians all lie.

Where does Trump fit into this discussion?  Besides he is not under discussion here.

And who are you accusing of lying?  There are some who looks past the words people write or say at what they are actually saying.  From what I have seen in many posts here there is an attempt among some to cloud the truth to fit their political opinions.

Looking at Abrams background I have to take what she said with a grain of salt.  Remember also she is also a politician. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

What makes you think he didn’t? Did you have an answering machine back then? I sure didn’t. Did your wife sit at home all day watching TV? I sure don’t.

No she didn't.  Both of us have worked for years up until I retired.  For years we only had one vehicle until we could afford two, and the second one was an older model that wasn't dependable.  But as I have posted we made sure the other had transportation to work and neither had to walk or hitchhike in the rain.  Here in our part of Texas things are far between.  My work here was 15 miles one way, no public transportation like in metropolitan areas such as Washington.

It is interesting that when one liberal says something the rest take it as gospel truth.

People who don’t lie generally think others are telling the truth. People who lie all the time assume everyone is lying.  But maybe it’s because Trump has taken lying to an entirely new level, you just assume politicians all lie.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Some right wingers seem to have a hard time keeping up with the simple posting system here!

What is the 'simple posting system' here? 

Is it that one can only reply to a post if it's directed to them, or is it as it has ALWAYS been here where anyone can reply to a post?  Or is it that one has to be liberal orientated to reply to posts?  

Well, if she feels the need to clarify her sexual orientation, maybe she should list her preferred pronouns down in the signature area of her posts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

What makes you think he didn’t? Did you have an answering machine back then? I sure didn’t. Did your wife sit at home all day watching TV? I sure don’t.

No she didn't.  Both of us have worked for years up until I retired.  For years we only had one vehicle until we could afford two, and the second one was an older model that wasn't dependable.  But as I have posted we made sure the other had transportation to work and neither had to walk or hitchhike in the rain.  Here in our part of Texas things are far between.  My work was 15 miles one way.

Out here in my part of Colorado for the last forty years, people have been commuting 65 miles one way from Rifle to Aspen, 52 miles from Naturita to Telluride for wages that are as much as double what local jobs pay - I have friends who commuted 92 miles one way (outside of Clifton to Aspen) to get the big bucks at the destination resort, live in the beautiful quiet mountains, and tend to their vineyard and make a new batch of wine when it's not winter - nice work if you can get it...

When the roads are snow-packed and icy, that 92 miles can take 3 hours, even though the drive is mostly four lane divided highway...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 125

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Some right wingers seem to have a hard time keeping up with the simple posting system here!

What is the 'simple posting system' here? 

Is it that one can only reply to a post if it's directed to them, or is it as it has ALWAYS been here where anyone can reply to a post?  Or is it that one has to be liberal orientated to reply to posts?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 125

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
What makes you think he didn’t? Did you have an answering machine back then? I sure didn’t. Did your wife sit at home all day watching TV? I sure don’t..................................Since I am a straight female, I have never had a wife.

That’s random.  I wasn’t responding to your post.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 125

@Soosie wrote:
That stuff appears to come from Russian trolls and bots...................................Got to watch out for those Russian trolls and bots....................They're everywhere, they're everywhere. Have you looked under your bed?

People that are dumb and naive enough to repeat what Russian trolls and bots put out are "everywhere" too. Have you looked under your bed?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 125

@ManicProgressive wrote:

No she didn't.  Both of us have worked for years up until I retired.  For years we only had one vehicle until we could afford two, and the second one was an older model that wasn't dependable.  But as I have posted we made sure the other had transportation to work and neither had to walk or hitchhike in the rain.  Here in our part of Texas things are far between.  My work here was 15 miles one way, no public transportation like in metropolitan areas such as Washington.

It is interesting that when one liberal says something the rest take it as gospel truth.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 125

@mandm84 wrote:

Shame on those who attack her life and family , but turn your back on all the lies from the White House. Maybe more of us should have grown up with only 1 car.

Her story sounds like that we got from our parents that they had to walk miles to school, even in the snow.

Many of us have only had one vehicle, but didn't make a spouse walk or hitchhike 30 miles to work while the other sat at home with that vehicle, especially in the rain.  The story doesn't sound right.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 125

In some people's shallow minds , money trumps integrity.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors