Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
197
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

197 Views
Message 111 of 125

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

The Cry Baby takes a twist.jpgSad story takes a twist


Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

 

Here, they talk about a "screwed up" BLACK family.

 

In another thread, they accuse people of color of MAKING EXCUSES and BLAMING.

 

In another thread, they try to claim the false argument that since WHOOPI GOLDBERG is laughing at a BLACKFACE Ted Danson, that BLACKS think BLACKFACE is funny, not disgusting.

 

Is there an agenda here?????


Superiority complex is a psychological defense mechanism that compensates for an inferiority complex. The term was coined by Alfred Adler as part of his school of individual psychology. It was introduced in his series of books, including "Understanding Human Nature" and "Social Interest".

nctarhell, each instance you cite above is the "fix" needed to momentarily overcome the ever present feelings of inferiority.  A personality disorder exhibiting an exaggerated feeling of self importance.  The first step to heal this mental battle is to recognize when you begin to feel superior.  One can then begin to correct themselves, or as we see here, stubbornly insist that is not necessary.  Like all addictions, denying the root of the problem only feeds the illness.  So the agenda is, support my inferiority with approval of my superiority.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
197
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
195
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

195 Views
Message 112 of 125

@ManicProgressive wrote:


Hey, Soosie said maybe she was watching TV. I said maybe he missed a carpool. Neither was mentioned by Abrams. Both are conjecture. Soosie thinks the worst and I think the best. That’s all. 


Sure!!!  And he didn't call to make arrangements to be picked up?  She let her husband walk home in the rain?  Doesn't sound right.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
195
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
202
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

202 Views
Message 113 of 125

@nctarheel wrote:



Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

 


It's getting pretty far out to insert racism as a reason not to disagree with posts here.  There is no reason to believe that not agreeing with Ms Abrams is based on racism.   So far you keep bringing in prejudice and bias with every topic or posts you don't agree with.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
202
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
198
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

198 Views
Message 114 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:


You seem to always think the worst of lower income folks. I really don’t get it.

 

If you only have one car, whoever does kid transport gets the car.  I spent three hours driving one kid around yesterday, for all his school and activities.  I’m sure you did too. Right? It’s usually the mom. Or did you just watch a lot of TV? 

 

She also was a librarian and that means she may not have had regular hours.  Many people around here carpool. So my thought was he carpooled regularly. And that person either had to leave early or stay late. So he was left without a ride home. So many people carpool around here, there are services that guarantee rides home for exactly that reason. But I’m sure that didn’t exist 40 years ago. 

 

She was illustrating that she understands how much of America lives. And that even though they had little, they still were the type of people to help those with less. 


To the contrary about conflicts in working hours or that many of us here haven't experienced adversity years ago.  If she had been able to go pick him up, then why was she waiting when she knew he was walking/hitchhiking through the rain.  Then decide to go out and pick him up?

 

She said nothing in her speech about her father carpooling.  If he was, he would have had a ride home since carpool members usually wait for others to get off work.  Your post has plenty of assumptions that doesn't fit. 

 

You said that she understands how the rest of America lives, that is doubtful and apparently you don't. 

 

I've been there but we made arrangements for both to have transportation to and from work.  If one of us needed transportation home, and only one vehicle was available the other didn't sit at home waiting for the other to walk home.


Hey, Soosie said maybe she was watching TV. I said maybe he missed a carpool. Neither was mentioned by Abrams. Both are conjecture. Soosie thinks the worst and I think the best. That’s all. 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
198
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
207
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

207 Views
Message 115 of 125

@ManicProgressive wrote:


You seem to always think the worst of lower income folks. I really don’t get it.

 

If you only have one car, whoever does kid transport gets the car.  I spent three hours driving one kid around yesterday, for all his school and activities.  I’m sure you did too. Right? It’s usually the mom. Or did you just watch a lot of TV? 

 

She also was a librarian and that means she may not have had regular hours.  Many people around here carpool. So my thought was he carpooled regularly. And that person either had to leave early or stay late. So he was left without a ride home. So many people carpool around here, there are services that guarantee rides home for exactly that reason. But I’m sure that didn’t exist 40 years ago. 

 

She was illustrating that she understands how much of America lives. And that even though they had little, they still were the type of people to help those with less. 


To the contrary about conflicts in working hours or that many of us here haven't experienced adversity years ago.  If she had been able to go pick him up, then why was she waiting when she knew he was walking/hitchhiking through the rain.  Then decide to go out and pick him up?

 

She said nothing in her speech about her father carpooling.  If he was, he would have had a ride home since carpool members usually wait for others to get off work.  Your post has plenty of assumptions that doesn't fit. 

 

You said that she understands how the rest of America lives, that is doubtful and apparently you don't. 

 

I've been there but we made arrangements for both to have transportation to and from work.  If one of us needed transportation home, and only one vehicle was available the other didn't sit at home waiting for the other to walk home.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
207
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
210
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

210 Views
Message 116 of 125

@Soosie wrote:

The Cry Baby takes a twist.jpgSad story takes a twist


Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

 

Here, they talk about a "screwed up" BLACK family.

 

In another thread, they accuse people of color of MAKING EXCUSES and BLAMING.

 

In another thread, they try to claim the false argument that since WHOOPI GOLDBERG is laughing at a BLACKFACE Ted Danson, that BLACKS think BLACKFACE is funny, not disgusting.

 

Is there an agenda here?????

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
210
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
227
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

227 Views
Message 117 of 125

@Soosie wrote:

So why was dad having to walk in the first place?  Was mom home watching her favorite TV program? Did she not know it was raining and dad was walking?  Can some tell me what was she trying to illustrate here?


You seem to always think the worst of lower income folks. I really don’t get it.

 

If you only have one car, whoever does kid transport gets the car.  I spent three hours driving one kid around yesterday, for all his school and activities.  I’m sure you did too. Right? It’s usually the mom. Or did you just watch a lot of TV? 

 

She also was a librarian and that means she may not have had regular hours.  Many people around here carpool. So my thought was he carpooled regularly. And that person either had to leave early or stay late. So he was left without a ride home. So many people carpool around here, there are services that guarantee rides home for exactly that reason. But I’m sure that didn’t exist 40 years ago. 

 

She was illustrating that she understands how much of America lives. And that even though they had little, they still were the type of people to help those with less. 

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
227
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
247
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

247 Views
Message 118 of 125

@Soosie wrote:

So why was dad having to walk in the first place?  Was mom home watching her favorite TV program? Did she not know it was raining and dad was walking?  Can some tell me what was she trying to illustrate here?


"Now, we only had one car, so sometimes my dad had to hitchhike and walk long stretches during the 30 mile trip home from the shipyards."

 

There were many times that we only had one car for some reason.  But never did either of us have to walk, hitchhike any distance.  We could always make arrangements for one to pick the other up.

 

This story is difficult to believe that her father was left to walk or hitchhike 30 miles home, especially on a rainy night while their car was parked in the driveway; and he meets a homeless man on the way and gives him his coat?  Why did her mother make him walk home on a rainy night. 

 

No wonder she lost the gubernatorial election.

 

And the comments here from the liberal Amen Corner????  

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
247
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
253
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

253 Views
Message 119 of 125

So why was dad having to walk in the first place?  Was mom home watching her favorite TV program? Did she not know it was raining and dad was walking?  Can some tell me what was she trying to illustrate here?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
253
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
256
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

256 Views
Message 120 of 125
That stuff appears to come from Russian trolls and bots...................................Got to watch out for those Russian trolls and bots....................They're everywhere, they're everywhere. Have you looked under your bed?
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
256
Views