Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
326
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

326 Views
Message 1 of 125

@Underbat wrote:

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

 

This applies to ALL posters. Remember to respect the right of people to hold different opinions than your own.  Right you are, Underbat.  This certainly is an issue for many here as they realize the term bigot means not tolerating others opinions.  It's a simple word, with a simple meaning and many are just now understanding they are no longer in the shadows.

 

Thank you.

 

Image result for understanding


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
326
Views
Moderator
1
Kudos
354
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

354 Views
Message 2 of 125

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

 

This applies to ALL posters. Remember to respect the right of people to hold different opinions than your own.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
354
Views
Super Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
368
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

368 Views
Message 3 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:



Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

 


It's getting pretty far out to insert racism as a reason not to disagree with posts here.  There is no reason to believe that not agreeing with Ms Abrams is based on racism.   So far you keep bringing in prejudice and bias with every topic or posts you don't agree with.


Tx, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

The libs are never speechless or at a loss in a discussion...as long as they can fall back on their old standby monikers—racists, fascists, bigots, etc,, etc.. Its much easier than providing facts.


Well, you could always prove your point by criticizing white Conservative male racists like Steve King....yet no white Conservative males have.  Why is that?  That's low hanging fruit.


Wasn't his post about posters here? Is Steve King a poster here


No.  No.  Thanks for asking......

 

LOL!!!  The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance of many here.....  "let me pick and choose which racists I want to address".  Egads!!!


Not unlike, only pointing out supposed racists like Steve King, Donald Trump, etc..

(William Owens, the president of the Coalition of African-American Pastors among others, does not share your charge of racism on King).  So?  Some racists wouldn't call out another if their life depended on it.  Look at those who jump to their defense at every opportunity.

 

Speaking of picking and choosing which racists to address, one or more here should check their looking glass. The image may show a person who selectively reports racism by only whites. LOL!  Yeah, some prefer to address the issue with their own race and sex instead of the other.  It's pathetic some don't understand how appropriate that is.....

 

Unless I’m wrong racism can exist within any and all races. It can, but racism is about power.....and whites have the majority of power, so  that's why there are more racist issues with whites.  Didn't you know that?  Or ae you just defending your own?

 

That being the case it would be nice if posters here would be fair and balanced (my that has a nice ring to it, does it not?)  It would "be nice" if one understood the term before making nonsense claims.

 

One would certainly come across as more credible and fair by balancing criticism to all guilty of the same sin of hatred.  Well said, fang.  Completely wrong as you apparently don't understand the term, racism.  But well said none-the-less.  Once you understand about power and control and racism, please get back to us.  I'll be interested in what you have to say.

 

Thanks!


 


Now the one who posts to be a 'Centrist' (but isn't) is lecturing everyone else on what racism is...like we don't know....like a relative didn't march with MLK.

Just give it a rest because your repetitive rhetoric is growing tiresome....and going nowhere.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
368
Views
Super Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
373
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

373 Views
Message 4 of 125

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:



Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

 


It's getting pretty far out to insert racism as a reason not to disagree with posts here.  There is no reason to believe that not agreeing with Ms Abrams is based on racism.   So far you keep bringing in prejudice and bias with every topic or posts you don't agree with.


Tx, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

The libs are never speechless or at a loss in a discussion...as long as they can fall back on their old standby monikers—racists, fascists, bigots, etc,, etc.. Its much easier than providing facts.


Well, you could always prove your point by criticizing white Conservative male racists like Steve King....yet no white Conservative males have.  Why is that?  That's low hanging fruit.


Wasn't his post about posters here? Is Steve King a poster here


No.  No.  Thanks for asking......

 

LOL!!!  The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance of many here.....  "let me pick and choose which racists I want to address".  Egads!!!


Not unlike, only pointing out supposed racists like Steve King, Donald Trump, etc..

(William Owens, the president of the Coalition of African-American Pastors among others, does not share your charge of racism on King).

Speaking of picking and choosing which racists to address, one or more here should check their looking glass. The image may show a person who selectively reports racism by only whites. Unless I’m wrong racism can exist within any and all races. That being the case it would be nice if posters here would be fair and balanced (my that has a nice ring to it, does it not?)

One would certainly come across as more credible and fair by balancing criticism to all guilty of the same sin of hatred.


Oh but we never hear anything from the Left about...let's start with Illhan Omar's racist hateful comments......why is that since they are SO against racism?

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
373
Views
Super Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
380
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

380 Views
Message 5 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

I find it curious several of those who were attacking her often claim they are Christians. Is that what a REAL Christian would do? 

And what does religion have to do with this political discussion.   Can you say that your posts reflect Christian principles?  And the only ones who would know if anyone was one of your oft repeated REAL Christians would be God himself.  

 

Some apparently isn't aware of the commandment not to judge others, but still sounds as judging others by bringing up being REAL Christians.  Since you inserted religion, can you say that you are following Luke 6:31?


That's the other part....if they're not bringing up racism they're judging Christians for one thing or another.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
380
Views
Super Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
379
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

379 Views
Message 6 of 125

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:



Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

 


It's getting pretty far out to insert racism as a reason not to disagree with posts here.  There is no reason to believe that not agreeing with Ms Abrams is based on racism.   So far you keep bringing in prejudice and bias with every topic or posts you don't agree with.


Tx, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

The libs are never speechless or at a loss in a discussion...as long as they can fall back on their old standby monikers—racists, fascists, bigots, etc,, etc.. Its much easier than providing facts.


Well, you could always prove your point by criticizing white Conservative male racists like Steve King....yet no white Conservative males have.  Why is that?  That's low hanging fruit.


Wasn't his post about posters here? Is Steve King a poster here


No.  No.  Thanks for asking......

 

LOL!!!  The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance of many here.....  "let me pick and choose which racists I want to address".  Egads!!!


Why haven't any Conservatives or Independents here criticized Steve King for his racism? I'm waiting for a Con or Independent to answer that. Could it be the same reason they never criticize trump's obvious racism and misogyny?


The racists are those who are so obsessed with racism that they bring it up in every other post...making race relations even worse when they're not. 

"Love in spite of the many reasons to hate."  MLK

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
379
Views
Super Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
384
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

384 Views
Message 7 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

 

Judge Judy on a REAL Leader


You failed to mention that was a year before the election.  She may have said that but she did endorse him or are you 'assuming' she didn't. 

 

She didn't mention Rodham in her remarks did she?



You were the poster who used the past tense when you posted, "Judge Judy supported Pres Trump."  Was there a specific date you had in mind?  I note you didn't provide any reference or link to your claim as required by the AARP guidelines.  It's exciting to note trumps good friend Howard Stern supported Hillary......LMAO!

 

Related image


Did I miss your own link about Howard Stearn or did you forget to post it (as required by AARP Guidelines)?

Howard Stern: Trump 'asked me to speak at the Republican convention'
© Getty Images

Howard Stern says he was put in an “awkward” position when he was faced with a personal plea from Donald Trump to speak at the 2016 Republican National Convention.

 

“It was a very awkward kind of thing, because Donald asked me to speak at the Republican convention,” Stern told David Letterman on an episode of Netflix’s “My Next Guest Needs no Introduction,” released Thursday.

 

The SiriusXM host said he had to tell Trump — whom Stern described as “the definition of a great guest” from his frequent appearances on his radio show — that he couldn’t offer his political support.

 

“I was put in a very awkward position of having to say publicly and to him, 'I’m a Hillary Clinton supporter — always have been.'”

 

Link  -------->  Howard Stern: Trump 'asked me to speak at the Republican convention'

 

Maybe you'll enjoy this one as well....it's much more current!

 

Link ------>>  Howard Stern tells Donald Trump to 'get the f*** out of the White House'

 

And there is always the G rated version here, at this link ------->>>  I’ve been waiting for Hillary Clinton to be president for a long time

 

Though Trump has appeared frequently on Stern’s show--bragging about being able to "get away with" sneaking backstage to see naked Miss Universe contestants--Stern has told Trump he’s voting for Clinton. “I said, ‘Listen, I just want you to know upfront: I’ve been waiting for Hillary Clinton to be president for a long time,’” he explained.

 

Now, if there is anything else I can do to assist you, please let me know.  In the interim, maybe you can find a reliable and verifiable reference to your so-called facts.  LMAO!!!

 

Image result for judge judy gif


Alrighty then......that was a complete waste of time.  Posting all the links you want about Howard Stern doesn't prove anything; just that Stern (who is always starved for attention) said it.....but doen't make it true.  Do you happen to have a factual link of Pres Trump saying he wanted Stern to speak for him? 

I'm not so trusting of Liberals.

 

"Love in spite of the many reasons to hate."  MLK

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
384
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
419
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

419 Views
Message 8 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

It shouldn't be difficult to spot a Real Christian.....because there is fruit; not venom.


You are correct that if one was a Christian, there would be fruit.  And there are indications that a person isn't a Christian as we see from someone who has admitted they are not one (02-14-2019 11:59 AM, this thread)..  But it's not ours to judge because from their actions (words) they can be recognized  (i.e. by their fruits you shall know them).  They are the ones usually always instigating others.  They know who they are but won't admit it, instead blaming others.

 

Can you tell me what taking this off topic has to do with Ms Abrams?  This isn't a discussion about religion, but about a politician, so why was being a Christian inserted into it? 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
419
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
445
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

445 Views
Message 9 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

 

I agree "sounds as judging" to me.

That's what happens when one-upmanship of personal comparisons are  always proclaimed.


 


The comment was made along the lines of someone judging whether another is a REAL Christian, not in line with the discussion about comments in a political speech.  If the comments you are referring to was in a religious context, then couldn't yours be considered judging also?


Tex, you again miss the point.  If you were right, you would be able to go back through this thread and find Christian like comments from the faux's; their fruit per se..  The fact that you can't proves my point.  It really is that easy.

 

Can you find their fruit?  That's clearly my point, though I get it's easier for some to say, "who are you to judge"?  It's not judging....it's observing and stating the observation.  You are welcome to disagree, but the attacks are lame.

 

It shouldn't be difficult to spot a Real Christian.....because there is fruit; not venom.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
445
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
450
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

450 Views
Message 10 of 125

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:



Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

 


It's getting pretty far out to insert racism as a reason not to disagree with posts here.  There is no reason to believe that not agreeing with Ms Abrams is based on racism.   So far you keep bringing in prejudice and bias with every topic or posts you don't agree with.


Tx, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

The libs are never speechless or at a loss in a discussion...as long as they can fall back on their old standby monikers—racists, fascists, bigots, etc,, etc.. Its much easier than providing facts.


Well, you could always prove your point by criticizing white Conservative male racists like Steve King....yet no white Conservative males have.  Why is that?  That's low hanging fruit.


Wasn't his post about posters here? Is Steve King a poster here


No.  No.  Thanks for asking......

 

LOL!!!  The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance of many here.....  "let me pick and choose which racists I want to address".  Egads!!!


Not unlike, only pointing out supposed racists like Steve King, Donald Trump, etc..

(William Owens, the president of the Coalition of African-American Pastors among others, does not share your charge of racism on King).  So?  Some racists wouldn't call out another if their life depended on it.  Look at those who jump to their defense at every opportunity.

 

Speaking of picking and choosing which racists to address, one or more here should check their looking glass. The image may show a person who selectively reports racism by only whites. LOL!  Yeah, some prefer to address the issue with their own race and sex instead of the other.  It's pathetic some don't understand how appropriate that is.....

 

Unless I’m wrong racism can exist within any and all races. It can, but racism is about power.....and whites have the majority of power, so  that's why there are more racist issues with whites.  Didn't you know that?  Or ae you just defending your own?

 

That being the case it would be nice if posters here would be fair and balanced (my that has a nice ring to it, does it not?)  It would "be nice" if one understood the term before making nonsense claims.

 

One would certainly come across as more credible and fair by balancing criticism to all guilty of the same sin of hatred.  Well said, fang.  Completely wrong as you apparently don't understand the term, racism.  But well said none-the-less.  Once you understand about power and control and racism, please get back to us.  I'll be interested in what you have to say.

 

Thanks!


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
450
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors