Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When The Story Takes a Twist

Message 11 of 125

@oceanedge2 wrote:

I agree "sounds as judging" to me.

That's what happens when one-upmanship of personal comparisons are  always proclaimed.

The comment was made along the lines of someone judging whether another is a REAL Christian, not in line with the discussion about comments in a political speech.  If the comments you are referring to was in a religious context, then couldn't yours be considered judging also?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 125

@TxGrandpa2

Some apparently isn't aware of the commandment not to judge others, but still sounds as judging others by bringing up.....

............there are those of us who has been in circumstances of having to juggle family life, and did done so without any family member having to walk to work or back. 

I agree "sounds as judging" to me.

That's what happens when one-upmanship of personal comparisons are  always proclaimed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Attacks on people of color seem to be getting more and more frequent by certain authors on this board.

It's getting pretty far out to insert racism as a reason not to disagree with posts here.  There is no reason to believe that not agreeing with Ms Abrams is based on racism.   So far you keep bringing in prejudice and bias with every topic or posts you don't agree with.

Tx, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

The libs are never speechless or at a loss in a discussion...as long as they can fall back on their old standby monikers—racists, fascists, bigots, etc,, etc.. Its much easier than providing facts.

Well, you could always prove your point by criticizing white Conservative male racists like Steve King....yet no white Conservative males have.  Why is that?  That's low hanging fruit.

Wasn't his post about posters here? Is Steve King a poster here

No.  No.  Thanks for asking......

LOL!!!  The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance of many here.....  "let me pick and choose which racists I want to address".  Egads!!!

Not unlike, only pointing out supposed racists like Steve King, Donald Trump, etc..

(William Owens, the president of the Coalition of African-American Pastors among others, does not share your charge of racism on King).

Speaking of picking and choosing which racists to address, one or more here should check their looking glass. The image may show a person who selectively reports racism by only whites. Unless I’m wrong racism can exist within any and all races. That being the case it would be nice if posters here would be fair and balanced (my that has a nice ring to it, does it not?)

One would certainly come across as more credible and fair by balancing criticism to all guilty of the same sin of hatred.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 125

Have a blessed day, Valentine!!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Far more than "some" so-called Christians and I don't consider myself a Christian. 

Then what would you know about being a REAL Christian?  Or even a Christian?  You keep bringing it up.  And how would you know about being hypocritical when you don't even know what it is to be a Christian?  And why are you continually injecting religion into discussions if you can't define what it is to be religious?

The basics is why do you keep bringing up religion regardless of what the topic is?  What does religion have to to with this topic? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I find it curious several of those who were attacking her often claim they are Christians. Is that what a REAL Christian would do? 

And what does religion have to do with this political discussion. (sic)  What makes this a political discussion?  Can you say that your posts reflect Christian principles? Far more than "some" so-called Christians and I don't consider myself a Christian.  Imagine THAT!!!  But thanks for asking..... And the only ones who would know if anyone was one of your oft repeated REAL Christians would be God himself. Some produce hate, while those like Controlled produce fruit.  Words to consider. 

Some apparently isn't (sic) aware of the commandment not to judge others, but still sounds as judging others by bringing up being REAL Christians. Your sentence makes no sense at all.  Since you inserted religion, can you say that you are following Luke 6:31? AB-SO-LUKE-LY!!!  Pun intended.....I'm a grown-up and can tolerate disagreement, frankness, push back and don't whine about it when received.  But again, thanks for asking..... 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I find it curious several of those who were attacking her often claim they are Christians. Is that what a REAL Christian would do? 

And what does religion have to do with this political discussion.   Can you say that your posts reflect Christian principles?  And the only ones who would know if anyone was one of your oft repeated REAL Christians would be God himself.  

Some apparently isn't aware of the commandment not to judge others, but still sounds as judging others by bringing up being REAL Christians.  Since you inserted religion, can you say that you are following Luke 6:31?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 125

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I doubt many have walked 30 miles in Ms. Abrams shoes....but it sure is easy to sit back and "hate" without her here to defend herself or clarify for the know-it-alls.

The hate apparently has been inserted by those inserting partisanism and racism into a valid discussion.  I don't recall Ms Abrams saying she walked 30 miles, but rather something about her father.  Yes, levity gets lost on many without humor.  As far as someone having been in similar family circumstances not everyone was raised in apparent privileged circumstances Yep, you are correct.  like some. LMAO!!!  Then again, her speech was in a political context, which seems to being (sic) overlooked, so who knows. (sic).  I agree again! Racists, sexists and other types of bigots would often overlook that.  See Tex, we agree far more than we disagree.....

But there are those of us who has been in circumstances of having to juggle family life, and did done (sic) so without any family member having to walk to work or back. Yeah?  So?  So why criticize/attack her? That situation isn't peculiar to any one race. Again, I agree.  I find it curious several of those who were attacking her often claim they are Christians. Is that what a REAL Christian would do?  Where's the love, the empathy, the understanding, the compassion, the caring?  It's surprising how absent those traits are from several so-called Christians posts.  Do you know why they're usually absent from their posts?  I'm at a loss.  Though I DO note you often see it in Controlleds posts.  The fruit is obvious.

Be sure to take care of your Valentine today.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 125

@ChasKy53 

Apparently you want to make this about your assumed opinion of another poster's politics?  Why do liberals mostly want to carry discussions off-topic especially to talk about other posters?  Like you and your fellow traveler here?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 125

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I doubt many have walked 30 miles in Ms. Abrams shoes....but it sure is easy to sit back and "hate" without her here to defend herself or clarify for the know-it-alls.

The hate apparently has been inserted by those inserting partisanism and racism into a valid discussion.  I don't recall Ms Abrams saying she walked 30 miles, but rather something about her father.  As far as someone having been in similar family circumstances not everyone was raised in apparent privileged circumstances like some. Then again, her speech was in a political context, which seems to being overlooked, so who knows.

But there are those of us who has been in circumstances of having to juggle family life, and did done so without any family member having to walk to work or back.  That situation isn't peculiar to any one race. 

Not going to get into any discussion about 'know-it-alls' as they continually identify themselves to others by their multiple posts.

Again, have a good day.

Kudos
Views