Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When Someone Publicly Insults Your Family?

Message 11 of 19

@umbarch64 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

rker321

I agree with your assessment.  I can't fault Cruz or Trump for trying to work together.  In my career, there were people I worked with that I did not personally like, but worked with them for the good of the company.  I see Cruz going to the White House as the same thing.  Personal differences need to be set aside for the greater good.

Hmmm. I think I've heard/seen that said before in a number of places....sometimes it is "the greatest good for the greatest number", sometimes  another variation.  Everytime I wonder anew about just what "greater good" really means in the mind of the person who says it.  I know what it means in my mind, but.....I dunno...what it means to someone else is something else.  Especially today.

Personally, I don't agree with most of what Trump and Cruz have to say,. but they are still in a position of having to work together (even if that means Cruz telling Trump what he needs to change in a policy so he can support it).  I'm sure you didn't like it when McConnell refused to work with Obama, this is no different.  They don't need to support each other's beliefs to have a working relationship and I can't fault either one for trying to improve it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

@sp362 wrote:

rker321

I agree with your assessment.  I can't fault Cruz or Trump for trying to work together.  In my career, there were people I worked with that I did not personally like, but worked with them for the good of the company.  I see Cruz going to the White House as the same thing.  Personal differences need to be set aside for the greater good.

Hmmm. I think I've heard/seen that said before in a number of places....sometimes it is "the greatest good for the greatest number", sometimes  another variation.  Everytime I wonder anew about just what "greater good" really means in the mind of the person who says it.  I know what it means in my mind, but.....I dunno...what it means to someone else is something else.  Especially today.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

@sp362 wrote:

rker321

Speaking as a Parent and for other Parents I know - none of us would voluntarily bring our Children into a situation professional or not where we have to unecessarily expose them to someone who has publicly demeaned them................................and especially when there the person never publicly apologized

I'm sure there are plenty of Defense Attorneys who have to meet with Murderers - they don;t bring their Children along for the experience or even Parents who have to confront the Molestor of one of their children - they don;t bring the rest of the family along and all go out to dinner together

I'm not buying any argument that supports - people are obligated to their Professions first and as Parents later on and only if it's convenient -

In the Case of the Cruz Family - they were obviously putting their children in a inexplicable situation unecessarily for nothing more than Political Expediency and Personal Gain

At that point they ceased to be Responsible Parents because they are deminishing the requirement in their childrens eyes that in a Civilized Society people should be held accountable for unecessary and irresponsible behavior

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

Mick--i think what you describe is selling one's soul.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

rker321

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

Ted Cruz  is a politician first and an individual after no doubt that he probably  hates Trump's guts but will not let anyone know about his feelings.

He as a good attorney that he probably is, will choose his time for his battles. and not what you or I think that he should do. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19
Trump is insulting all of us. so is more costly healthcare.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

Here's some of the things Trump said about Marco Rubio and they just spent the weekend together

1. Trump: "I have never seen a human being sweat like this man sweats. … It looked like he had just jumped into a swimming pool with his clothes on.” (Trump then splashed water onstage yelling, "It's Rubio!")

2. Trump: "Little Marco Rubio is just another Washington D.C. politician that is all talk and no action #RobotRubio" (via Twitter)

3. Trump: "He has really large ears, the biggest ears I've ever seen."

4. Trump: "The Rubios of the world could not get into that school [Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania, which Trump attended]. Oy. They don’t have the capacity.”

5. Rubio is weak on illegal immigration, with the worst voting record in the U.S. Senate in many years. He will never MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

6. Senator Marco "amnesty" Rubio, who has worst voting record in Senate, just hit me on national security-but I said don't go into Iraq. VISION

7. Lightweight choker Marco Rubio looks like a little boy on stage. Not presidential material!

Source - http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/insults-donald-trump-hurled-convention-speakers-marco-rubio/story?id=...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

When Someone Publicly Insults Your Family?

Message 19 of 19

When Someone Publicly Insults Your Family?

Do you just laugh it off as if it never happened?

Especially if the person never Publicly apologizes?

Me Neither - But here are few examples of how Slimey US Politics Really are

1. Trump on National TV threatened to - Spill the Beans on Ted Cruz wife a manager at Goldman Sachs and Mother of two young daughters

2. Trump also on National TV announced that Ted Cruz Father had a Role in the Assasination of JFK

3. Trump Tweets Unflattering Picture of Ted Cruz Wife next to his Trophy Wife

Last night Ted Cruz took his Wife and Young Daughters to Dine with Donald Trump - how do you explain this to your children - this is the man who called your Mother Ugly and accused your Grandfather of Killing a American President - he's my new Friend

Ted Cruz Family.png

Ted Cruz Family one.png

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-daughters-donald-trump_us_58c17b2de4b0ed71826a9c63?vr18...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies