Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: When Someone Publicly Insults Your Family?

Message 1 of 19

Rl321--be better if he were being a parent!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

@sp362 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

rker321

I agree with your assessment.  I can't fault Cruz or Trump for trying to work together.  In my career, there were people I worked with that I did not personally like, but worked with them for the good of the company.  I see Cruz going to the White House as the same thing.  Personal differences need to be set aside for the greater good.

Hmmm. I think I've heard/seen that said before in a number of places....sometimes it is "the greatest good for the greatest number", sometimes  another variation.  Everytime I wonder anew about just what "greater good" really means in the mind of the person who says it.  I know what it means in my mind, but.....I dunno...what it means to someone else is something else.  Especially today.

What - Greater Good - is going to come out of Parents exposing their children to a person who publicly insulted them and their family - has never publicly apologized - and the Parents are treating it as a Positive experience - Just another Dinner with Friends and Family..............................

What moral compass are the children going to develop from this kind of a experience?

Or is that not important?

Unless Trump and Cruz are going to get into a fight in front of the children, I can't see where that makes a difference.

It makes a big difference to the Cruz Children and Children all over the Country who are paying attention and who are looking to the Adults to set the example - The Bad Behavior - The Disgusting Display of Unecessary Personal Attacks against Cruz Family Members by Trump and against their Mother of all people that should have no place in any US Political Discussion - Already took place - it was reported for Days on every Main Stream Media all over the World - the Children already know about them either directly from News Reports their Friends and Social Contacts etc.

There has been no Public Apology by Trump and for Cruz to take his children to share a Family dinner with the man who defiled and disrespected the Childrens Mother & their Grandfather simply assures that another generation of Americans will grow up like apparently you have thinking this kind of behavior is acceptable or defensible

Those examples I posted of Trumps attacks on the Cruz Family had nothing to do with Politics or Policy Differences - they were Personal Attacks on Family Members who had nothing to do with this Election and condoning that behavior by asking the Children to sit down and break bread with the man responsible as if nothing ever happened or was said is in my view a form of Child Abuse

This guy Trump is the Leader of the Free World and everything he says or does has the Potential to set the Precendent for future generations to follow unless people stop accepting and defending this kind of stuff

The way he conducted himself during the Campaign was bad enough to undermine Western Democracy and he continues to use the same MO now that he's President for the Cruz Family not to demand a Public Apology before carrying on business as usual and especially including their children in this Political Theatre should be appalling tp every American Patriot and Parent

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

@pc6063 wrote:

Mick--i think what you describe is selling one's soul.

I will try to answer for Mick,    no, is not selling one's soul is simply being a politician. LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

@rker321 wrote:

Ted Cruz  is a politician first and an individual after no doubt that he probably  hates Trump's guts but will not let anyone know about his feelings.

He as a good attorney that he probably is, will choose his time for his battles. and not what you or I think that he should do. 

i.e. : Cruz is a hypocrite who doesn't have the guts to stand up for even his own family!

No excuses need to be made up for him.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

@mickstuder  I'm not sure if you were replying to me or to rker321 or sp362....so, with that said:

The word "good" takes up almost and entire column of print in Webster's. At the end of all that, it still remains subjective...depends on what 'good' means to the individual using it.  'Good' means something quite different to an ethician than it does to a psychopath or sociopath. 

Demagogues use the word 'good' to create a positive image in the minds of the audience for a viewpoint which is almost certainly reprehensible.  We know "the donald" has done this.  We know "the donald" will continue to do this.  Ted Cruz does likewise...not so much and not so virulently....but he does.  'Greater good', even if different to each of them, is far removed from Bernie Sanders, for example.

So...exposing childen to what they are not equipped to understand is wrong.  Why?  Because nothing 'good' will come of it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

Sp362- my point was that children should not be brought into any situation, where their presence has no benefit.  (Such as bringing children to that dinner) Cruz really put job before family. With regard to my grandson, he was physically attacked after election when he voiced his support for Mrs. Clinton,  and yes, I consider that an insult and affront to my family and, therefore; would not subject him to further insult.

As  far as trivializing, the thread was insult to family--happens in different ways.  So, I guess on this, we disagree.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

@pc6063 wrote:

Mick-In absolute agreement with you.  When I was concerned about going to my first Townhall alone, ( ya know, the one of many NO ONE GOT PAID TO ATTEND) someone suggested I bring my 18-year-old grandchild. My response to that was I will not bring a child into this.  Totally irresponsible--totally

Sorry PC, but I don't agree they are similar.  Since I don't think the Townhall you went to had insulted your family, I assume you did not take your 18 year-old adult granddaughter because you were afraid some type of physical confrontation could take place.  I don't think that is an issue in the WhiteHouse.  As I said before, I don't agree with much of what Trump and Cruz do, but they are not 100% wrong on everything.  By focusing attention on something trivial, you are being distracted from the real issues.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

Mick-In absolute agreement with you.  When I was concerned about going to my first Townhall alone, ( ya know, the one of many NO ONE GOT PAID TO ATTEND) someone suggested I bring my 18-year-old grandchild. My response to that was I will not bring a child into this.  Totally irresponsible--totally

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

@mickstuder wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

rker321

I agree with your assessment.  I can't fault Cruz or Trump for trying to work together.  In my career, there were people I worked with that I did not personally like, but worked with them for the good of the company.  I see Cruz going to the White House as the same thing.  Personal differences need to be set aside for the greater good.

Hmmm. I think I've heard/seen that said before in a number of places....sometimes it is "the greatest good for the greatest number", sometimes  another variation.  Everytime I wonder anew about just what "greater good" really means in the mind of the person who says it.  I know what it means in my mind, but.....I dunno...what it means to someone else is something else.  Especially today.

What - Greater Good - is going to come out of Parents exposing their children to a person who publicly insulted them and their family - has never publicly apologized - and the Parents are treating it as a Positive experience - Just another Dinner with Friends and Family..............................

What moral compass are the children going to develop from this kind of a experience?

Unless Trump and Cruz are going to get into a fight in front of the children, I can't see where that makes a difference.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

@umbarch64 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

rker321

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views