Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

212 Views
Message 1 of 13

Gee Jim  a very long post, regarding   loosing an argument I guess it depends on the argument and  who are you loosing to. LOL

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

217 Views
Message 2 of 13

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 

Very BAD that the POTUS supports and defends the KKK, Nazis and White Supremacists. Calling them "Good people" and blaming those protesting KKK NAZIS AND WHITE SUPREMACISTS for violence - that pretty much anchors Der Trumper firmly in their camp, along with his supporters. Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.

You're right - were it true it would be very bad. But since it isn't, it is no more than an ineffective effort to express hatred by making stuff up.

 

Losing an argument by calling "Nazi" was only applicable when the one's you argue with were not Nazis. that was then, this is Trump

And, since our President bears no resemblance to any Nazi, it is just one more ineffective lashing out in anger and hatred.

 

That is the action of a child. An adult differs with another about something, politics in this case, and can rationally discuss the differences.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

222 Views
Message 3 of 13

@Panjandrom wrote:

jimc91: 

How many KKK members are there today?

 

Between 5,000 and 8,000.

 

 

It doesn't require being a card carrying member of a hate group like the KKK for it to be obvious who sympathizes with them.

 

On the other hand, there are those who can't deal with some realities such as the election of Donald Trump and in their despair some quiver and quake in the corner while praying and others lash out with incorrect associations such as "who sympathises with them".


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

224 Views
Message 4 of 13

@Panjandrom wrote:

The term "Nazi" shouldn't be used casually, but there are times when the truth must be told. If the shoe fits.............

 

Very true. And if the shoe does not fit, that indicates poor judgement (or hate blinded phrasing) on the part of those using it ........ or hinting at it.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

226 Views
Message 5 of 13

@Richva wrote:

"Comparing Trump supporters to KKK and Nazis"? We are just pointing out how many of Trump's supporters ARE members of the KKK or the Nazis.  That is not a comparison.  Just another uncomfortable Trump fact. 


Are "we" really? Have "we" not seen the President called a Nazi or a fascist"? If not, "we" do not read very carefully.

 

Bernie Sanders was supported by his aid - Hodgkinson. Do "we" consider that an uncomfortable Bernie fact?

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

253 Views
Message 6 of 13

I first noticed comparisons to Hitler during President Bush's first term.


It continued during the Obama administration and continues to this day with Trump.


It was in 2008, during her concert, Madonna flashed images of John McCain alongside photos of Hitler and brutal Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe.
By contrast, in the next segment of the performance, she used the image of Democratic nominee Barack Obama alongside pictures of John Lennon, Mahatma Ghandi and Al Gore.
McCain spokesperson Tucker Bounds was quick to respond:
"The comparisons are outrageous, unacceptable and crudely divisive all at the same time," he said.


I think, if you feel you have to interject Hitler into your argument, it's best to do it in a more subtle way, while still making your point - much like Hillary has done.


Hillary Clinton: "Republicans Want To Round Up Illegal Immigrants And Put Them In 'Boxcars.'" - August 2015

 

http://livenews.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/28/hillary_clinton_republicans_want_to_round_up_...

 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

260 Views
Message 7 of 13

@Richva wrote:

"Comparing Trump supporters to KKK and Nazis"? We are just pointing out how many of Trump's supporters ARE members of the KKK or the Nazis.  That is not a comparison.  Just another uncomfortable Trump fact. 


And in doing so leftists here are emulating Communist/Nazi propagandist of spreading falsehoods.  Both those groups spread this propaganda under the guise of being loyal Americans.  Senator Joseph McCarthy gained his fame (infamous fame) by his accusing most everyone of being a communist.

 

Now this media hype is magnifying things to enrage the nation without providing facts.  Of course there is one goal, especially now since we are within 5 months of the mid-term elections.  The goal is to elect liberal Democrats.  And they would destroy the nation to do so.

 

It would be insteresting for you to prove your accusation about the fringe groups.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

268 Views
Message 8 of 13

@jimc91 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

"Comparing Trump supporters to KKK and Nazis"? We are just pointing out how many of Trump's supporters ARE members of the KKK or the Nazis.  That is not a comparison.  Just another uncomfortable Trump fact. 


How many KKK members are there today?

 

Between 5,000 and 8,000.

 

Even though Ku Klux Klan membership is secret, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) estimates there are between 5,000 and 8,000 KKK members today, distributed in nearly 180 different Klan factions (or chapters). Most of these chapters are located in the southern region of the US. This hate group, organised in 1865, used to have about 4 million members in 1925.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Considering the American population is over 300 million I would say we have made great progress in the right direction.

 

Your above comment is pretty weak on facts...

 

 

 

 


Very good that KKK membership is way down.

 

Very BAD that the POTUS supports and defends the KKK, Nazis and White Supremacists. Calling them "Good people" and blaming those protesting KKK NAZIS AND WHITE SUPREMACISTS for violence - that pretty much anchors Der Trumper firmly in their camp, along with his supporters. Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.

 

Losing an argument by calling "Nazi" was only applicable when the one's you argue with were not Nazis. that was then, this is Trump.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

272 Views
Message 9 of 13

jimc91: 

How many KKK members are there today?

 

Between 5,000 and 8,000.

 

 

It doesn't require being a card carrying member of a hate group like the KKK for it to be obvious who sympathizes with them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Whatever Happened To Losing An Argument If You Invoke Nazis?

274 Views
Message 10 of 13

@Richva wrote:

"Comparing Trump supporters to KKK and Nazis"? We are just pointing out how many of Trump's supporters ARE members of the KKK or the Nazis.  That is not a comparison.  Just another uncomfortable Trump fact. 


How many KKK members are there today?

 

Between 5,000 and 8,000.

 

Even though Ku Klux Klan membership is secret, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) estimates there are between 5,000 and 8,000 KKK members today, distributed in nearly 180 different Klan factions (or chapters). Most of these chapters are located in the southern region of the US. This hate group, organised in 1865, used to have about 4 million members in 1925.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Considering the American population is over 300 million I would say we have made great progress in the right direction.

 

Your above comment is pretty weak on facts...

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors