Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What would make America great again?

Message 41 of 43

@Richvawrote:

• A healthy populace. We need to determine a way to make  health care available to  everyone. 
  • We once had charity hospitals. Maybe we need them again.
  • A reasonable wage. We need to be sure people working a full time job earn enough money to live. 
  • Wages are based on contribution to intake by the employer. Based on your theory two people doing the same job would be paid based on their needs. 
  • Safety in schools.  We are having "Active Killer" drills in our schools. The need for this kind of response must be addressed. 
  • Yes addressed by addressing the killer, not his tool. And certainly not by having some spoiled brat running around the country insulting adults and instigating boycotts.
  • Education: It must be as easy to get an education in America as it is in Europe or Asia. Cost and access. 
  • It is a two way street - students must be required to uphold their end of the bargain. As an example - you get into college based on your prior performance - period.
  • Trade: Our businesses must be able to trade with other countries. 
  • True - and the government must assure that our corporations are getting a fair shake from those other nations.

What have I missed and how will YOUR party address these issues?

I have missed where YOUR Party has ever addressed any of the needs stated above.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What would make America great again?

Message 42 of 43

What would make America great again?

All good stuff, but is Democrats get control of government I think that stuff should be long term goals, not short term actions.

1.     National voting rights act.    Sweep away voter ID laws, allow felons who have completed their sentence to vote, voting holidays, voting access ( adequate number of  voting places in poor areas, people shouldn't have to stand in line all day to vote)  , and automatically register people to vote.

2,     Statehood for Washington DC and Puerto Rico

3.     Medicare for all, eliminate the unpaid medical liabilities problem, compensate people who have a paid in interest with tax deductions.

4.     Secure Social Security, Social Security needs revenue from the  production people used to do. Fund Social Security with a VAT tax in addition to the payroll tax.

5.     Roll back tax cuts and start paying down the debt.

That's enough for the first 100 days, Democrats should start working on it now and be ready for action in 2020.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

What would make America great again?

Message 43 of 43

I have been giving this some thought. It appears no one on the Republican side are addressing any of these issues except by cutting funding and throwing dollars at the wealthy.  So, this is what we need to do to catch up to other nations in this world. How do we do it?

• A healthy populace. We need to determine a way to make  health care available to  everyone. 
  • A reasonable wage. We need to be sure people working a full time job earn enough money to live. 
  • Safety in schools.  We are having "Active Killer" drills in our schools. The need for this kind of response must be addressed. 
  • Education: It must be as easy to get an education in America as it is in Europe or Asia. Cost and access. 
  • Trade: Our businesses must be able to trade with other countries. 

What have I missed and how will YOUR party address these issues?