What went wrong with the children as hostages plan

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What went wrong with the children as hostages plan

Message 1 of 4

@Richva wrote:

How come everything Trump does turns into the "biggest debacle of his administration"?  Is the man trying to top himself?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/deleted-families-what-went-wrong-with-trumps-fami...

Richva, sounding dogmatic is the last thing on my mind.  You probably have gathered that I think dogma is generally practised to cover up ulterior motives of some sort. 

I cheerfully admit to utter contempt for the current creature occupying the People's House, and being revolted by his acts, public and private.  He has been like that since it was possible to hold him accountable...perhaps even before.  I admit to being adamant about the need to remove him from any public office along with the rot in our society he and those like him represent.

Having said that:

Chaos and disruption creates a lack of confidence in much of anything.  It reduces society to a shapeless, formless, mass of people scrabbling to stay alive...desperate for someone, anyone, to offer a lifeline to climb out of the mess they're in.  Not that the 'someone' will actually do it, you see?  It's the offer that counts.  Pulls 'em right in off the 'midway' into the main tent.  That way most of the by-standers don't see the 'sheep' being fleeced, won't know the truth of it and don't get all up in arms over it.  Works too.  That's not an imbecile conducting that orchestra....that's something else.

'The donald' has done this all his life.  Perhaps since infancy. I dunno about before, but sometimes women do have extraordinarly difficult pregnancies.  When 'the donald' found out 'it works' he just kept going to the next stage...and then the next...and here he is.  Like I said, "it works". 'Gut instinct', maybe not rational until you see the results.  But when 'it works' it becomes 'the way to do things'.  Not so? 

And it works really well with non-rational people.  The polls show that.  The polls also show there are 30% or more of those basing their decisions on non-rational belief in the voting population. 

You and I, friend, are not about to change the way they 'believe'. IF they turn out at the polls and the rational ones don't the guys here thumping the drum about having 'won' the last election[s] will do it again, just like they predict. You and I can only tell the bystanders what really goes on behind the painted canvas in front of the Medicine Show inside. 

How do I know that, you ask?  Well...they used to come through every summer.  Farmers rented their fallow fields to 'em.  When they were in walking distance, kids sneaked over and stuck their noses under the canvas to see what really went on.  I was one of them.  Boy...did we ever get an eyeful.

Question.  Why would a Political Party, bereft of the last vestige of ethics they once had , NOT use a non-rational voter characteristic to their advantage?   Answer:  They will.  It's what they have become.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@n566192l wrote:

Richlva,

My sincerest thanks for your posts.  Planning is always best when lives are involved .Nancy 

So far, Trump has not planned his next extra marital affair, much less anything else. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Richlva,

My sincerest thanks for your posts.  Planning is always best when lives are involved .Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What went wrong with the children as hostages plan

Message 4 of 4

How come everything Trump does turns into the "biggest debacle of his administration"?  Is the man trying to top himself?

Compounding failures to record, classify and keep track of migrant parents and children pulled apart by President Trump’s “zero tolerance” border crackdown were at the core of what is now widely regarded as one of the biggest debacles of his presidency. The rapid implementation and sudden reversal of the policy whiplashed multiple federal agencies, forcing the activation of an HHS command center ordinarily used to handle hurricanes and other catastrophes.

After his 30-day deadline to reunite the “deleted” families passed Thursday, U.S. District Judge Dana M. Sabraw lambasted the government for its lack of preparation and coordination.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/deleted-families-what-went-wrong-with-trumps-fami...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors