Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What was the temperature of YOUR planet when you were a kid?

Message 1 of 7

@jimc91 wrote:

Do your own research and quit quoting the talking points of the dimms...

Right after I get this black hole research done I will start taking core samples of the earth to do temperature comparisons over the geologic ages.  Oh wait, they already did that and it shows the changes to the climate have never been as drastic as today without a meteor impact. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Now this: our  oceans/ seas are warming way too fast.

global warming to cause oceans color to change.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@jimc91 wrote:

According to who?  The IPCC?

Seriously...

As one of the Forbes.com contributors who believes the science behind global warmingis settled, it breaks my heart to report that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has made it considerably harder for me to convince my skeptical colleagues to reconsider their position.

The climate-gate controversy created by ethical improprieties of climate scientists at the University of East Anglia in England has created a crisis of confidence among Republicans and other political conservatives in the United States.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williampentland/2011/06/09/the-self-corruption-of-climate-science/#179b...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, YOU actually do your own research to educate yourself. 

Climategate has already been debunked.  The article you are using as "proof" was written in 2011.  The author, William Pentland, is a lawyer, not a scientist.  It was discovered that the Climategate controversy was started by using stolen e-mails taken out of context to imply something that they actually did not.  (Where have I heard this before).  The "controversy" was created by simple minded fools (such as Anthony Watts) trying to convince other simple minded people that the science was mistaken and not settled.  Did it work?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

According to who?  The IPCC?

Seriously...

As one of the Forbes.com contributors who believes the science behind global warmingis settled, it breaks my heart to report that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has made it considerably harder for me to convince my skeptical colleagues to reconsider their position.

The climate-gate controversy created by ethical improprieties of climate scientists at the University of East Anglia in England has created a crisis of confidence among Republicans and other political conservatives in the United States.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williampentland/2011/06/09/the-self-corruption-of-climate-science/#179b...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@Tom5678 wrote:

2018 was the 4th hottest year on record.

The Republicans say "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good bumper sticker"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

What was the temperature of YOUR planet when you were a kid?

Message 7 of 7

We have all heard the cry of the ignorant, right wing, intellectual. "We had a cold winter so there must be no global warming. Yet the ice caps keep melting, sea levels keep rising, hurricanes are stronger, and all kinds of animal and insects are migrating to areas they could not live before.  Why? Because the earth has "only" increased in temperature 1.3 degrees F but this planet is a big place and that increase is enough to add 1.2 petawatts of energy to the environment. Wikipedia tells us that the average total global power consumption of the human world in 2010 was about 16 terawatts (1 petawatt = 1000 terawatts).  

Yes, yes. I know. The RWNJs just want to stick a thermometer out the window and get an answer. They also want the earth to be  flat and the sun to rotate around it. Sorry.

https://www.easterbrook.ca/steve/2012/01/how-much-extra-energy-are-we-adding-to-the-earth-system/

giss_temperature.png

Kudos
Views
Replies