Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What should we do with the repugs that allow Trump to get away with this stuff?

Message 11 of 47

Cent--Amazing that anyone would ask the question " should we have voted for someone we didn't want as our president," (RE:Hillary) when the alternative was a crude, mentally unstable man who clearly knew nothing about so much. 

Having said that, once in office, one would think the actions of the person these people elected  to serve the country, would be totally horrifying and extremely disheartening.

This shouldn't be a matter of who won.  It should be a matter of what this country is losing with this man in office.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What should we do with the repugs that allow Trump to get away with this stuff?

Message 12 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

1) Your "steal an election" jazz is only a left wing meme, there is absolutely no evidence to support it. Some prefer to keep their heads in the sand.  Comey admitted he impacted the election and everyone but trump knows the Russians swayed some votes. LOL!  He claimed today the Russians weren't involved. So the Russians didn't effect the elections. That should put that silliness to sleep. It's funny to see Conservatives continue to repeat this mantra.  Anyone with common sense knows otherwise.  Keep repeating it though.....you may find another one to convince.   But, if you feel that there is evidence of the Russians having an effect on the election, please offer it. No need, if you can't see it today, no need for me to make any effort. Again, no evidence - issue settled.  There's no need for me to even brother to convince politically biased people....they are obstinately devoted to their views.

2) Are you supporting "take it to the street" to undo a Constitutional election??  There won't be any need.  trump will continue to screw himself into the ground. Does that mean you do or do not support "take it to the streets" to undo a Constitutional election?  It depends.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Until you get your reeducation camps, I'm afraid you have to deal with Liberal college professors and Conservative TV hosts being sued and fired.

One thing working in your favor is the propaganda that is passing for talk radio these days.

Your answer sounds like approval of propaganda in the class room.

Your answer sounds like those who never attended college.  Most of those who did know the Conservative propaganda is ridiculous.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

umbarch--Your post is so very true. Those who did not go out and vote were complicit in Hillary's loss.  But, don't you think that those who stand by and watch the obstruction, even enable that obstruction, have some culpability.  I envision a whole group of them heading off to jail, sort of like Watergate.

Have you considered the possibility that those who kept you from getting your way last Fall were not big Trump fans but were really negative about the terrible candidate the Dems ran?

Should they have voted for someone they really did not want to see as our President just so others would not have to stamp their feet and cry after the elections?

As we've seen several times today, the Conservative mantra continues to be, BLAME CLINTON!  If you only had a better candidate!

But the fact is, "If we only didn't have a foreign power influence voters; if only Comey  did his job and not cross the line in his "speech" to the country (totally out of line and inappropriate) or speak out of turn in October.  Democrats would have been saying, "if you only had a better candidate, and that one beat out the other 17."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 47

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote: 

2018 is not far off. Things will have to be different then OR we shall  have more of the same. 

That is an interesting way of looking at things - sounds like if the leftists do not get their way in the elections they will "take it to the street" again.

Left wing democracy in action!!!

A far better "democracy" than working with the Russians to steal an election. 

1) Your "steal an election" jazz is only a left wing meme, there is absolutely no evidence to support it. Some prefer to keep their heads in the sand.  Comey admitted he impacted the election and everyone but trump knows the Russians swayed some votes. LOL!  He claimed today the Russians weren't involved. So the Russians didn't effect the elections. That should put that silliness to sleep. But, if you feel that there is evidence of the Russians having an effect on the election, please offer it. No need, if you can't see it today, no need for me to make any effort. Again, no evidence - issue settled.

2) Are you supporting "take it to the street" to undo a Constitutional election??  There won't be any need.  trump will continue to screw himself into the ground. Does that mean you do or do not support "take it to the streets" to undo a Constitutional election?

Why shouldn't the revered and time-honored patriotic traditions of the colonists be considered as a viable alternative if nothing else will suffice to correct the terrible consequences of the actions of a criminal conspiracy?

Those are, after all, the honored and revered patriotic traditions of our country...

gdpit_com_96762788_72.gif

Unfortunately, that is just a bit too "cutesy" for me to pull your meaning out - and meanings are important to discussions.

So, tell me, are you calling for a violent overthrow of our government?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 47

@umbarch64 wrote:

I dunno rker.  Sounds a little like trading a Gila monster for a Diamondback.

That will be the natural progression of what will happen. No matter what, and I don't precisely like Pence. At least we will be back to governing.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 47

1.    Take to "the streets".    That means going outside of your comfort zone, learn to frame the discussion in a way that won't turn most sane people into emolating at the mention of words that have been banned in Alt-Right circles. 

2.     VDR - voter registration especially focusing on minority groups and explain why it is critical that they vote.  

3.     LTE:   keep the discussion going.   And don't be afraid to speaking out.   

4.     Reminder:   the congressional folks who are having physical town hall meeting ( or in some cases town halls being held in abstentia) are excellent places to point out the false rhetoric that Donald embraced during his campaign.  ( Reminder - he and GOP are busy attempting to whitewash all sites that made claims about "repeal and replace" and everyone will be covered with lower premiums...it will be great).  

If the Republicans won't stand up for the Constitution, it will be up to the people to take it back and remove those who won't defend it.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 47

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Nothing.   there is nothing that anyone can do about the Republicans not standing up at this time to a President that is most definitely sinking them into oblivion.

I am waiting for the first resignation of a top Republican so that this house of cards will begin tumbling down.
We need order in this country. we need to have a government that governs. and we don't have that.
Perhaps Republicans will begin to understand that all of this cannot contunue as is. and the consequences that it can have if they don't stand up and be counted.
I believe now, that Pence should take over and govern this country.

I dunno rker.  Sounds a little like trading a Gila monster for a Diamondback.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 47

@pc6063 wrote:

umbarch--Your post is so very true. Those who did not go out and vote were complicit in Hillary's loss.  But, don't you think that those who stand by and watch the obstruction, even enable that obstruction, have some culpability.  I envision a whole group of them heading off to jail, sort of like Watergate.

Each and every person exercises choice in even the smallest thing they do or don't do.  That makes each and every person responsible for the consequences of ALL his/her actions AND inactions ALL the way to infinity.  So...yes, they DO have culpability IF culpability exists.  Unavoidable.

'Right or Wrong' is an assessment that can be made only after ALL the repercussions are done with.  A contemporary 'moral imperative' may apply that permits that action/inaction to be judged by contemporaries.  You do the best you can with what you got.  In my view, the concept of an "absolute ethic" is valid.  No one here will ever know with certainty what that is or what it entails.

Belief has nothing whatsoever to do with that...Rationality does.  That IS the truth of it.  I expect you will now see what I just said derogated and denigrated.  Oh, well.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 47

Nothing.   there is nothing that anyone can do about the Republicans not standing up at this time to a President that is most definitely sinking them into oblivion.

I am waiting for the first resignation of a top Republican so that this house of cards will begin tumbling down.
We need order in this country. we need to have a government that governs. and we don't have that.
Perhaps Republicans will begin to understand that all of this cannot contunue as is. and the consequences that it can have if they don't stand up and be counted.
I believe now, that Pence should take over and govern this country.

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors