WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's Your Priority with Controlling Drug Prices ?

Message 1 of 5

@GailL1 wrote:

Should we try to determine the best route to take right now- meaning legislating things that will pass both Houses of Congress; a divided Congress.

OR

Hold out for the "go big and go bold", all or nothing plan at sometimes down the road even though there could be even more disagreement within any controlling legislative party.   Again, INstant Gratification ?  It will not work.  this country is too divided to produce anything that will be good for this country.

Personally, I think we should go for it right NOW - it can always be changed later if need be.

But what we are facing right now is IN-ACTION, which is getting us NO WHERE.  I believe there are enough centrist types in both legislative houses with in both parties that want to do something.  I believe that the President will support policies that make sense, help people and cut the government cost too. I am so very sorry, but, the minute that any of the centrists on both houses want to pass something, they will encounter the fringes attacking them. IN regards to what Trump will do. my opinion is that you are too naive. If he doesn't invented, is no good.

Stop the One-Up partisanship fighting between parties.

Stop the In-Fighting within different factions of the same party. This county has ceased to be American, there are only Republicans, and Democrats.

Do I believe that something could get done NOW to help - yes, I do - there have already been bipartisan good suggestions made to ease this problem. Yes, even negotiating drug prices within some type of National Formulary.  Time to step up, Congress, regardless of party. I hope that what you state can happen, I am at this time too pessimist regarding on how this government wants to work but is not working at all.

Just like many other legislative items, they keep fighting and absolutely nothing gets done - in a divided Congress and sometimes even when one party has the majority because there is no agreement to come forth either way.Well, glad that you are acknowledging that, Many in this message boar cannot see the inaction of this Administration. just the slogans.

I am tired of extreme-ism - get to debating, get to compromising - this isn't an issue that should have a party extreme stance that will never get passed - it involves all of us - rich, poor, young, old - Figure out what is the best med for the best price and then focus in on it.  If we cannot have it ALL then just get the BEST down in price.Again, we have gone too far. extremism is the name of the game, and yes we will accomplish nothing. Unless common sense returns.

I am willing to listen and think about all ideas - the good, the bad and possibly the ugly part of any ramifications.  But if it is something that will not pass - it doesn't need to be what draws the line in the sand - go on to another idea. When a country has become as divided as this one, the only thing what would work is first chaos and then the stabilizing of the government. I don't see that happening in the US. you have never been here before.

There are so many things that have wide support in the Congress - why can't these things get done.  Congress has the ability to set all sorts of boundaries in patent laws, Congress has the ability to set some royalty income, just like universities,  if taxpayer funds have been used in R&D.  Congress has the ability to evaluate studies which compare one drug to another - determining the BEST one, including cost in the mix. How can you expect Congress to work when all our institutions have been completedly not only disregarded but become suspect in all kinds of evils. how can anyone expect anything from our insitutions  when they have been denigrated on a constant basis.?

STAT News 04/15/2019 - Democrats feud over drug pricing policy, as progressives push pragmatists to ...

from the link ~

WASHINGTON - Democratic leadership and the party’s progressive flank are feuding over how best to lower drug prices. They should be only one  sorry, if they cannot work together, then pernaps they should step to the side.

In recent weeks, tensions between the two camps have escalated, and some fights have even spilled into public view. In a high-profile tug of war, lawmakers hoping to strike an accord with the Trump administration have been forced to confront a faction pressing Democrats to instead pursue a bolder progressive agenda — albeit one that the GOP-controlled Senate would surely ignore. If the Democratic Party doesn't realize that Americans are centrists and not either right or left, they will loos the elections.

. . . . The skirmishes have highlighted the tension between Democrats’ ambitious left flank and what that group views as the party’s unjustifiably pragmatist leadership, and have kept Democrats from forming a cohesive strategy to lower drug prices 100 days into the new Congress. They have also raised questions about whether the new House majority can reach consensus on what has become a top-tier policy issue.

Extremist need to take a back seat to getting something done especially on topics such as this.  UNfortunately, the divisions are too entrenched now. nothing will be accomplished.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@GailL1 wrote:

Should we try to determine the best route to take right now- meaning legislating things that will pass both Houses of Congress; a divided Congress.

OR

Hold out for the "go big and go bold", all or nothing plan at sometimes down the road even though there could be even more disagreement within any controlling legislative party.

Personally, I think we should go for it right NOW - it can always be changed later if need be.

But what we are facing right now is IN-ACTION, which is getting us NO WHERE.  I believe there are enough centrist types in both legislative houses with in both parties that want to do something.  I believe that the President will support policies that make sense, help people and cut the government cost too. 

Stop the In-Fighting within different factions of the same party.

Do I believe that something could get done NOW to help - yes, I do - there have already been bipartisan good suggestions made to ease this problem. Yes, even negotiating drug prices within some type of National Formulary.  Time to step up, Congress, regardless of party.

Just like many other legislative items, they keep fighting and absolutely nothing gets done - in a divided Congress and sometimes even when one party has the majority because there is no agreement to come forth either way.

I am tired of extreme-ism - get to debating, get to compromising - this isn't an issue that should have a party extreme stance that will never get passed - it involves all of us - rich, poor, young, old - Figure out what is the best med for the best price and then focus in on it.  If we cannot have it ALL then just get the BEST down in price.

I am willing to listen and think about all ideas - the good, the bad and possibly the ugly part of any ramifications.  But if it is something that will not pass - it doesn't need to be what draws the line in the sand - go on to another idea.

There are so many things that have wide support in the Congress - why can't these things get done.  Congress has the ability to set all sorts of boundaries in patent laws, Congress has the ability to set some royalty income, just like universities,  if taxpayer funds have been used in R&D.  Congress has the ability to evaluate studies which compare one drug to another - determining the BEST one, including cost in the mix.

STAT News 04/15/2019 - Democrats feud over drug pricing policy, as progressives push pragmatists to ...

from the link ~

WASHINGTON - Democratic leadership and the party’s progressive flank are feuding over how best to lower drug prices.

In recent weeks, tensions between the two camps have escalated, and some fights have even spilled into public view. In a high-profile tug of war, lawmakers hoping to strike an accord with the Trump administration have been forced to confront a faction pressing Democrats to instead pursue a bolder progressive agenda — albeit one that the GOP-controlled Senate would surely ignore.

. . . . The skirmishes have highlighted the tension between Democrats’ ambitious left flank and what that group views as the party’s unjustifiably pragmatist leadership, and have kept Democrats from forming a cohesive strategy to lower drug prices 100 days into the new Congress. They have also raised questions about whether the new House majority can reach consensus on what has become a top-tier policy issue.

Extremist need to take a back seat to getting something done especially on topics such as this.

How About We Do Something Big & Bold RADICAL & EXTREME Under Our Capitalistic System

ALLOW COMPETITION -

MAKE PBM'S ILLEGAL

INCREASE THE BUDGET STAFF & SCOPE OF THE FDA TO ALLOW FOR NOT AONLY QUICKER BUT REAL SCIENTIFIC BASED DISCOVERY & CLINICAL TRIALS OF NEW DRUGS AND THEN FAST TRACK NEW DRUGS AND GENERICS TO MARKET

Reduce Patents Timing & Renewals

Enforce Anit-trust Laws Already On The Books

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@john258 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

OR

Hold out for the "go big and go bold", all or nothing plan at sometimes down the road even though there could be even more disagreement within any controlling legislative party.

But what we are facing right now is IN-ACTION, which is getting us NO WHERE.  I believe there are enough centrist types in both legislative houses with in both parties that want to do something.  I believe that the President will support policies that make sense, help people and cut the government cost too. 

Do I believe that something could get done NOW to help - yes, I do - there have already been bipartisan good suggestions made to ease this problem. Yes, even negotiating drug prices within some type of National Formulary.  Time to step up, Congress, regardless of party.

Just like many other legislative items, they keep fighting and absolutely nothing gets done - in a divided Congress and sometimes even when one party has the majority because there is no agreement to come forth either way.

I am tired of extreme-ism - get to debating, get to compromising - this isn't an issue that should have a party extreme stance that will never get passed - it involves all of us - rich, poor, young, old - Figure out what is the best med for the best price and then focus in on it.  If we cannot have it ALL then just get the BEST down in price.

I am willing to listen and think about all ideas - the good, the bad and possibly the ugly part of any ramifications.  But if it is something that will not pass - it doesn't need to be what draws the line in the sand - go on to another idea.

There are so many things that have wide support in the Congress - why can't these things get done.  Congress has the ability to set all sorts of boundaries in patent laws, Congress has the ability to set some royalty income, just like universities,  if taxpayer funds have been used in R&D.  Congress has the ability to evaluate studies which compare one drug to another - determining the BEST one, including cost in the mix.

from the link ~

WASHINGTON - Democratic leadership and the party’s progressive flank are feuding over how best to lower drug prices.

In recent weeks, tensions between the two camps have escalated, and some fights have even spilled into public view. In a high-profile tug of war, lawmakers hoping to strike an accord with the Trump administration have been forced to confront a faction pressing Democrats to instead pursue a bolder progressive agenda — albeit one that the GOP-controlled Senate would surely ignore.

Extremist need to take a back seat to getting something done especially on topics such as this.

You are going down the same road again. Drug prices could be lowered tomorrow if Trump wanted to. He will block any attempt to lower drug prices just as he has blocked everything to make health care better. It is a total waste of time to try and do anything on heath care to improve it till he is no longer President. Why don't you look at what happens to Drug Prices if Trump court plan to kill the ACA wins.

What Piece of Legislation is the Democratic Leadership Proposing?

On January 3 2019 - Pelosi Gave a Press Conference Stating Lowering Drug Costs Was a Priority

On the Last Day of March she Announced she was in Talks with the Whitehouse

What Reasonable Person thinks - a Bipartisan Drug Cost Lowering Piece of Legislation is going to go anywhere with 2020 Presidential Hysteria Engulfing the Poltical Class

Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) said Tuesday that while he wouldn't rule out arbitration, it was "an extremely narrow approach that would not provide an immediate answer to the concerns I hear from so many people about prescription drugs." Doggett chairs the Ways and Means Health Subcommittee and sponsored a Medicare price negotiation bill with more than 110 co-sponsors.

If Democrats are going to reach an agreement, "it needs to be on something that really makes a difference in the lives of people on health care and not agreement for agreement’s sake, so a meaningful step forward I’m for and I hope that we can get there," Doggett said.

Congressional Republicans may also be a barrier to an agreement on arbitration. Grassley has concerns about the plan, his aides said.

The White House-Pelosi talks so far consist of staff-level discussions and aren't negotiations, according to Henry Connelly, Pelosi's deputy communications director. "House Democrats promised the American people we'd take bold action to lower prescription drug prices

Source - https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/26/pelosi-drug-price-legislation-1293689

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@GailL1 wrote:

OR

from the link ~

You are going down the same road again. Drug prices could be lowered tomorrow if Trump wanted to. He will block any attempt to lower drug prices just as he has blocked everything to make health care better. It is a total waste of time to try and do anything on heath care to improve it till he is no longer President. Why don't you look at what happens to Drug Prices if Trump court plan to kill the ACA wins.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What's Your Priority with Controlling Drug Prices ?

Message 5 of 5

OR

from the link ~

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Replies