If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: What is with Annoying AARP Survey Pop-up

Message 1 of 14

Thanks for getting back with me @mickstuder. We welcome your feedback any time. You can always find us in the forums or send us an email, too, via Community@aarp[dot]org. -Lynne

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hello @mickstuder, thank you for detailing and sharing your findings. The survey has been running for about four months, can you say when you first noticed these issues? In any case, I've made the request that we pause the survey until we clear up these issues. Thanks for your time and contribution to the AARP Online Community!

I'm just guessing but it's only seems to have become so annoying in the last 10 days to 2 weeks........................maybe we could be Messaged a link - everyone would see it and decide to participate or not instead of these popups......................I typically do take these survey because they are many times the only feedback option where users have the opportuntity to provide their perception of the experience on these online sites  

Possibly start a Thread in each Forum with a Post announcing the Survey with a link

Thanks

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

Hello @mickstuder, thank you for detailing and sharing your findings. The survey has been running for about four months, can you say when you first noticed these issues? In any case, I've made the request that we pause the survey until we clear up these issues. Thanks for your time and contribution to the AARP Online Community!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hello, @mickstuder. Please accept our apologies for the distraction being caused by the errant survey. By any chance do you block cookies? The survey is cookie based and should prevent you from receiving the survey right away or again and again. Also, if you regularly delete cookies it resets the possibility of the survey being presented to you. Will you please let me know if either of these scenarios applies to you? Thank you.

Thanks

I have my Browser set to Delete Cookies and all History everytime I close it.........................

My other concern is how this application is able to circumvent my Adblocker Popups Program - it blocks all Pop-ups so I'm concerned whomever the Vendor is - is using something that is more than sinister than simply a Questionnaire and is collecting Data regardless of whether or not I am voluntarily agreeing to participate

I've taken the Survey Multiple times and it is still asking me to take it again and again even during the same session where I took it and before I've refreshed my Browser

Please understand the Cambridge Analytica/Facebook Fiasco has made a lot of us very suspicious of all apps run by all 3rd Party Vendors on all sites

Windows 10 - Firefox Browser - all updated daily - multiple firewalls and virus protection

Thanks for your concern

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

Hello, @mickstuder. Please accept our apologies for the distraction being caused by the errant survey. By any chance do you block cookies? The survey is cookie based and should prevent you from receiving the survey right away or again and again. Also, if you regularly delete cookies it resets the possibility of the survey being presented to you. Will you please let me know if either of these scenarios applies to you? Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

Hang in there angeleyes , you will be in my prayers tonight !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14
@mickstuder

To be honest, I have had so many other problems and heart ache in my life, I just say no thanks and go on.

It's annoying, but not as much as my life problems.

I must be the nut case on this one.!!
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@Epster wrote:

@nctarheel @mickstuder  My suggestion is to take the survey and give AARP extremely low marks on everything. That should get their attention. Write in something about the annoying survey for the questions about how they can improve, and what prevented you from achieving your goals on the site. This behavior might also get them to stop asking you in particular to take the survey. 

My 2 cents. Smiley Happy

Survey on, Garth.

Since the COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATION is separate from the rest of AARP's web site and its ADMINISTRATION; I thought direct contact with MODERATORS would be the quickiest avenue to get this issue resolved.

I don't take surveys; however, I did try your advice and clicked on the survey. What it is supposed to do is wait until you are through with your session and then give you the survey. It doesn't even do that.... it gives you the survey immediately....RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SESSION!!!

Between it popping up dozens of times and the survey commencing incorrectly; the COMMUNITY has a problem with the way the survey was added to the site.

Thanks for your input though.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@nctarheel @mickstuder  My suggestion is to take the survey and give AARP extremely low marks on everything. That should get their attention. Write in something about the annoying survey for the questions about how they can improve, and what prevented you from achieving your goals on the site. This behavior might also get them to stop asking you in particular to take the survey. 

My 2 cents. Smiley Happy

Survey on, Garth.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

I almost always decline to take surveys like that...

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views