Honored Social Butterfly

What is "proactive arresting"?

HUH, that is the excuse that the "acting" DHS is saying is necessary to arrest people who are at a mostly peaceful protest - well until the police ( we know not what agency because they refuse to Wear ID) start throwing smoke bombs etc - ? crowd control or crowd panic?   

Isn't that what the Nazi did in Germany to people of the Jewish faith?  https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/dhs-chief-says-his-federal-agents-are-proactively-arresting-peopl...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Remember when the Regressives were demanding that the "Liberals" stop blaming Trump and actually debate the issues?  I miss those days...........I think it was Wednesday. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Proactive arresting is a common technique that has been in use since the rise of the Communist. It's long been believed that if you arrest your enemies (protestors) before they assemble you can't have a protest. Very practical tool still in use by Russia China Saudi Arabia and believe it or not the usa. Yes here too it's been in use since the '40's. Remember the Great american round up of Japanese- american citizens after pearl harbor?  And again in the '60's during the viet nam war and the rise of the Black Panthers? And again after the attack of the towers. My neighbor and his family were taken away in the middle of the night and they never returned. 

Now the feds are going after its own people so the babbling buffon can look like the savior of this country. It's a page right out of putin's playbook. @fishslayer for my source i cite my american history books used during my elementary, junior high, high school and my university education. The part of my neighbor being taken away I cite my fbi interview. 4 of the terrorists happened to live next door during the early '90s while they attended a small college in town. Excellent aviation program.

Honored Social Butterfly

I happen to find this article discussing "Arrest without Warrant or Judicial Review" in the online library of the Holocaust Museum. The language is remarkably similar to what DHS put out. 

I am sure nothing like that would ever happen in America (so all you Regressives can stop collecting those guns).

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/arrests-without-warrant-or-judicial-review 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva 

That reminds me of Adam Schiff looking for something that isn't there. Good luck with that.

Probable cause... look that up

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"What is "proactive arresting?"

The new term "Proactive Arresting" is Trump's 2020 version of Conway's "Alternative Facts."  And as usual we are being fed another Trumpian lie as neither statement is "proactive" or based in "facts."  

Silver Conversationalist

Wasn't that the premise of one or more science fiction movies, "proactive arresting" before the crime is actually committed?  ..yes, such as "The Minority Report", and more.

Sounds like the "thought crimes" of George Orwell.

@afisher wrote:

HUH, that is the excuse that the "acting" DHS is saying is necessary to arrest people who are at a mostly peaceful protest - well until the police ( we know not what agency because they refuse to Wear ID) start throwing smoke bombs etc - ? crowd control or crowd panic?   

Isn't that what the Nazi did in Germany to people of the Jewish faith?  https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/dhs-chief-says-his-federal-agents-are-proactively-arresting-peopl...

Honored Social Butterfly

Sounds like the "thought crimes" of George Orwell.

So if these are thought crimes,  does that mean the arrests are being made by the thought police?

George Orwell and the fight against totalitarianism.

Honored Social Butterfly

Definition of proactive: serving to prepare for, intervene in, or control an expected occurrence or situation, especially a negative or difficult one; anticipatory:

So, they are arresting people in preparation or anticipation that they will some day, some how, commit a crime. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Isn't proactive policing the desired method... you know stop crime before it happens? 

I'm confused... what's the issue? I thought that was a good thing.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Isn't proactive policing the desired method... you know stop crime before it happens? 

Profiling?

Like arrest the black guy jogging in the white neighborhood because he obviously looks like he can't afford a house here and he's running because he probably is going to commit a crime?  (Unfortunately, there are those who would shoot first and ask questions later.)

Geez!  There are those who still condone this as a "good thing"?!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

You're intentionally conflating "policing' with "arresting" .... a disingenuous distraction!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:  Isn't proactive policing the desired method... you know stop crime before it happens?  I'm confused... what's the issue? I thought that was a good thing.

You really are confused. The topic is proactive arresting, not proactive policing. They are not the same thing.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum 

Doesn't one lead to the other? Isn't the intent to remove criminals and incarcerate them before they actully commit a crime? so our streets and citizens are safe and can live in peace? 

So you believe law enforcement should be walking around telling the bad guys... "hey! don't do that" and that's the end of it? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:    Doesn't one lead to the other? Isn't the intent to remove criminals and incarcerate them before they actully commit a crime? so our streets and citizens are safe and can live in peace? 

Putin and other dictators may utilize that tactic, but you forget we have a Constitution prohibiting that behavior in America. How sad is it that anyone has to be told that in America it's not legal to arrest people because someone thinks they may commit a crime.

We can stop wondering why conservatism is on it's deathbed.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum 

Have you ever heard of "probable cause"? 

It's a law enforcement tool that saves lives and protects citizens.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Panjandrum 

Have you ever heard of "probable cause"?

Do you know what it means?  It doesn't mean someone can come in unannounced with guns drawn, handcuff someone and take them away in unmarked vehicles to an unknown destination.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be searched."

Probable Cause (using references is a great idea).

Unless of course you appreciate:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:  Have you ever heard of "probable cause"? 

Of course I have, and Trump's goon squad skips that part when they arrest people doing nothing wrong. You probably haven't heard this, but we have the constitutional right protest in this country. But please continue, it's really entertaining seeing a self-described "constitutional conservative" shred it in apologizing for their hero.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum 

Peaceful protesters... is an oxymoron in Portland

So how do all the Portland police officers get injured? peaceful protesters?

How did DHS officers get injured by projectiles and suffered eye injuries from lasers? peaceful protesters?

Why did law enforcement declare a riot? because of peaceful protesters?

Who was using a gas powered metal saw at midnight trying to cut through the metal fence/barrier? Peaceful protesters? 

There's more... if you like. Do you need the links? or shall we start a go fund me page for a new TV.

Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:   Peaceful protesters... is an oxymoron in Portland

So how do all the Portland police officers get injured? peaceful protesters?

I see you still don't get what "proactive arresting" means and probably never will. Study it, and then get back to me, ok?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum I presented facts and the law... what do you have? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

According to The Legal Information Institute,  Probable cause is a requirement found in the Fourth Amendment that must usually be met before police make an arrest, conduct a search, or receive a warrant . Courts usually find probable cause when there is a reasonable basis for believing that a crime may have been committed (for an arrest) or when evidence of the crime is present in the place to be searched (for a search). Under exigent circumstances, probable cause can also justify a warrantless search and seizure. Persons arrested without a warrant are required to be brought before a competent authority shortly after the arrest for a prompt judicial determination of probable cause.

GOPerBots seem unaware of the "past tense" associated with Probable Cause. And Peaceful Protest, or being on the street, does NOT constitute "exigent circumstances" defined as "circumstances that would cause a reasonable person to believe that entry (or other relevant prompt action) was necessary to prevent physical harm to the officers or other persons, the destruction of relevant evidence, the escape of the suspect, or some other consequence improperly frustrating legitimate law enforcement efforts.

The dictionary definition of "proactive is" creating or controlling a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened. Clearly this is what tRump has in mind as a Mission Statement for his Anonymous Nazis of tRump - creating chaos where none existed - BUT only a dolt like donny Bonespurs would claim a Constitutional basis for Gestapo tactics in America.

Just as clearly, the real reason the Thugs have no ID is they would serve hard time for the crimes they are committing on behalf of the ToadPOTUS IF THEY COULD BE IDENTIFIED FOR LATER PROSECUTION.

Now, just to bring it all home, the PROTESTS are against POLICE BRUTALITY AND EXCEEDING THE LEGAL LIMITS OF THEIR POWERS AS POLICE. Anyone still wonder why toads ANts are provoking INCREASED protesting?

Honored Social Butterfly

"Liberals are like Jellyfish, no brains still surviving"

Another "Christian-like" proverb.  Which book is that from?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

The book is... "Denial is not a river in Egypt"

"If you tell the truth to soon your mocked and laughed at... too late and you're likely to be stoned"

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Yup, yup!  I'm sure that is a direct quote from The Trump Handbook of Liberal Engagement. For Chapter 101, page 57, Rule #1 says, "At every occasion and/or encounter, insult, berate, and generally bully your liberal enemy.  Forget that he or she is an equal American citizen and thus your brother or sister." 

Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

In response to @Fishslayer777 's quote:

@Centristsin2010  said,

Yup, yup!  I'm sure that is a direct quote from The Trump Handbook of Liberal Engagement. For Chapter 101, page 57, Rule #1 says, "At every occasion and/or encounter, insult, berate, and generally bully your liberal enemy.  Forget that he or she is an equal American citizen and thus your brother or sister." 

Then @Fishslayer777  said, 

@LydiaN586309,  I need that book!"

"Exactly!  And why am I not surprised?"

Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 

I need that book! So many liberals so little time. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Republicans believe their Lord Toad AllMighty has embued his ANtS (Anonymous Nazis of tRump) with supernatural abilities to identify people who are on the verge of committing a crime and arrest them based on that amorphous feeling to reduce actual crime.

What the ANts are REALLY doing is gassing, beating, binding and occasionally actually arresting anyone exercising their Constitutional Right to protest peacefully and demand a redress of their grievances.

The actions of tRump's Gestapo is INTENDED to provoke those being harassed into a violent reaction, thereby giving a totally false justification for the beating, gassing, binding and arresting of INNOCENT American Citizens along with videos of their actions that really get Donny Bonespurs hyped.

Honored Social Butterfly

What you are seeing is the march by Trump and his crew to total Dictatorship. Go read what Hitler did and you will see the same thing.

For the last 3 years I have laid out many times what Trump will do, and he is doing it.

Just notice who Trump uses as his SS in Portland. They come from law enforcement who works on the border, and ICE interment centers. They are used to policing people that are not like them. They put kids in cages, stole kids from their families, and mistreated the people they dealt with. They served in the Trump version of Consternation Camps run by ICE.

I have told all for the last 3 years Trump was training this group as his SS force, and now you see it come together. Trump is acting just as he always planned to in destroying the country and taking over as Dictator.

Do all forget the concentration camps Trump had the Navy build for him to hold up to 100,000 people some years ago. We had a poster give us all the details on that as she was in a group who was taking care of Navy personnel dogs while they were away. Well guess what now there is a good chance you will see the camps used to the limit. We hear this evening Trump has moved more of his SS in to city in Washington State to do the same thing.

What we are seeing is just what some of us said would happen. Trump is do different than Hitler, and he does just what Hitler did in taking over Germany.

Is it to late to stop him. I am not sure but I am sure Trump is getting ready to take over the USA if he wants to just like Hitler did in Germany. Lets hope Mary is correct when she tells us if he realizes that he will loose really big, big, big he might just leave. Lets all strive to keep his approval rate to close to zero as possible.

Honored Social Butterfly

As practiced by the Anonymous Nazis of tRump in Portland, it means arresting people you find offensive for some reason,  any reason, doesn't matter if crime is involved or not. Its what tRump ordered them to do so the violence would increase.

Why would he do that?

The gutless Toad is trying to fire up his base with shadows from 1968 and the anti-War movement hoping this time people will feel patriotic by supporting his war against racial equality and the rule of Law like some did supporting the first worthless war we were lied into.

Given the overwhelming support for BLM (63%) and improved racial equality (69%), Toad has as much chance pulling that off as he does of managing a successful business.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png