Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What is a TYRANT?

Message 1 of 2
We need to print this in the biggest print we can and mail it to every one in the WH who still seems to feel The Donald is not leading them in a Dictatorship. They will have NO POWERS and they should be to thinking about that.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What is a TYRANT?

Message 2 of 2

The Declaration of Indepencence uses the term[s] TYRANNY and TYRANT. The founders cited unfair, unjust, despotic and oppressive practices of the ruler[s] as justification. We are a Nation because of that.  I know you know that....but it bears repeating.  

Clearly, some of our citizens have lost sight of what TYRANT and TYRANNY mean  Or perhaps they subscribe to the philosophy applied to others but not themselves. I see evidence of that. 

The following words are from Webster's, reminding us all that Freedom is precious, not to be treated lightly or facetiously by anyone, anytime. Freedom has a price.  If you want it, you pay for it.

Tyranny [n], 1.  arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse or authority.  2.  the government or rule of a tyrant or absolute ruler.  3.  a state ruled by a tyrant or absolute ruler.  4.  oppressive or unjustly severe government on the part of any ruler.  5.  undue severity or harshness. 6.  a tyrannical act or proceeding.

Tyrant [n],  1.  a king or ruler who uses his power oppressively or unjustly.  2.  any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically.  3.  a tyrannical or compulsory influence.  4.  an absolute ruler, esp. one in ancient Greece or Sicily.

Note that these characteristics do not have to rest with a single person.  They can apply to an entire regime subscribing to them.  Currently, they do.

That is not hyperbole.  Check out the 'real' history books for the consequences.  I know you know....but perhaps we all need the review before finals.  Hmmmmmm? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies