Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What he wants most is a hug.....

Message 1 of 3

TemperMental67,

What a great story. Thanks so much for sharing this with me.

Nancy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What he wants most is a hug.....

Message 2 of 3

@ManicProgressive wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/he-got-his-diploma-and-a-scholarship-to-college-but-what-he-wan...

Such a brave young man. 

"I don’t always have the urge to lunge across the table and give the person I’m interviewing a long, mamma-bear hug.

But this time was different. And I bet anyone with a beating heart and moment to hear this story would understand.

Because it’s all about a kid and a hug.

And man, this kid. He aced his AP and honors classes. Made honor roll. Killed it on the varsity soccer team. Sailed through his high school’s Navy Junior ROTC program. Got a fat college scholarship. Held down a job. Babysat all the kids in the house. Cooked and cleaned every week.

A model young man.

Who has no one to hug him."

He will find someone who will let him chase him/her until he is caught.

44>45
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What he wants most is a hug.....

Message 3 of 3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/he-got-his-diploma-and-a-scholarship-to-college-but-what-he-wan...

Such a brave young man. 

"I don’t always have the urge to lunge across the table and give the person I’m interviewing a long, mamma-bear hug.

But this time was different. And I bet anyone with a beating heart and moment to hear this story would understand.

Because it’s all about a kid and a hug.

And man, this kid. He aced his AP and honors classes. Made honor roll. Killed it on the varsity soccer team. Sailed through his high school’s Navy Junior ROTC program. Got a fat college scholarship. Held down a job. Babysat all the kids in the house. Cooked and cleaned every week.

A model young man.

Who has no one to hug him."

Kudos
Views
Replies