Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What good will 15,000 solders do at the border?

Message 131 of 144

@n566192l wrote:

This whole thing is just getting out of hand. I just wish Trump would listen to his advisors.

Dear n5661921,

I wish your wish could come true.  But before Trump can "listen" to his advisors, he'd first have to "have" some "advisors."  Those folks with whom he has surrounded himself, are nothing more than yes men and women. They know they are only there to serve at his bidding and if any of them go too far afield of his demands (thus showing disloyalty in the mind of Trump), out the door they'll go.  Just look at the revolving door that has been his administration already!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 144

Bd8344 wrote-My father's family came from Ireland (I do not know how long ago or how yet; still researching it) and my mother's family came from Prussia, then Russia because Catherine The Great told them to come there and they would have perpetual refuge, but then she gave them the boot.  That is when they came to the United States where they have lived since.  Someone I know came to the USA through Ellis Island n the 20's or early 30's legally, and no one on that ship came in with any disease.  He said they were all clean. So I understand their plight but I do not believe the way Trump is approaching it is the right way either.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So your family and friends came in the legal way,so what is wrong with everyone doing it the right way?  It has been estimated  that up to 20% of those in the caravan have a criminal record in their own country or have been deported from U.S. before  and that would mean that about 1400  criminals are heading our way. BTW- My Irish Great Grandmother came to this country thru Ellis Island.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 144

Bd8344 wrote-
  I have already had my Scodial Security lowered and I know a lot of people that live in my building that also had their Social Security reduced. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Inaccurate statement-The government can`t lower your Social security unless you were getting overpaid for some reason. What could have happen was that medicare premium maximum went up last year($134/month?) and you might have your last year SS  increase applied toward that if you weren`t paying that amount . It is Social Security policy not to increase medicare  premium more than your SS COLA increase.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 144

I agree.  What will they do?  When I was listening to the news earlier they were wondering if he is just making threats to get people out to vote.  He even thinks he can just change the constitution on an executive order.  According to the lawyers I have listened to they say he cannot do that on his own.  He does not seem to think that Congress has to do that, that he can do it all on his own.  I have not trusted the guy since I heard he was thinking of running for president.  The only reason he wanted in office is to change things for him, his business, his supporters, and his family.  He does not seem to mind if he hurts a lot of other people that need help the most to.  I guess he feels that those people will not be spending their money in his resports so they do not matter.  I have already had my Scodial Security lowered and I know a lot of people that live in my building that also had their Social Security reduced.  It is hard enough already to make ends meet but if he tries to get rid of Social Security what willl the people who paid into it but who were not lucky enough to have a retirement from work.  I have been seeing an ad for Steve Knight in my area say he THINKS SOCIAL SECURITY IS A BAD IDEA!  Wen Ford was trying to attract executives to work in his business, he offered retiremen as part of the benefits package.  Because no everyone got retirement, Franklin D. Roosevelt invented Social Security Retirement to take care of those who were not offered retirement as part of their benefits. These people are heartless.  I have never seen anything like this.  I thought Nixon was bad but his own attorney said Trump is worse than Nixon.  Wow.  I mean I knew that but I never heard it verbalized.  We all really need to get to the polls and vote either in person or by mail to get all of the people behind these stupid ideas out of office.   We have term limits for govenor, president and a few other offices but we need to get term limits for all offices because these career politicains need to go.  A lot of them are retiring now and some are passing but the ones that are still in there need to limit the time they are in office.

I don think the USA should just hand out amnesty as they have done since for 4 or 5 administrations now.  I believe that there are serious reasons why people have to flee their country of origin, but I also believe that they should do it legally.  We all come from immigrants.  My father's family came from Ireland (I do not know how long ago or how yet; still researching it) and my mother's family came from Prussia, then Russia because Catherine The Great told them to come there and they would have perpetual refuge, but then she gave them the boot.  That is when they came to the United States where they have lived since.  Someone I know came to the USA through Ellis Island n the 20's or early 30's legally, and no one on that ship came in with any disease.  He said they were all clean. So I understand their plight but I do not believe the way Trump is approaching it is the right way either. Remember to please vote in this election.  We need to tell all the politician in Washington and in our individual state that we are not going to put up with this nonsense agenda of this administration.  We want change!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 144

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53: 

The Republican Party is an accessary to trump's ignorant antics. They all need to go.

Very true. They should be totally embarrassed to be rolling over like submissive puppies because they're afraid he'll tweet something mean about them.

Trumpertweedledee !!!!!  Sounds so scary !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 144

ChasKy53: 

The Republican Party is an accessary to trump's ignorant antics. They all need to go.

Very true. They should be totally embarrassed to be rolling over like submissive puppies because they're afraid he'll tweet something mean about them.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 144

Well I bet the Statue of Liberty's going to shed a tear. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 144

LydiaN:  Now, wait  j-u-s-t  a minute.  Don't give Trader Trump any bright ideas! 

That's the trouble with Trump. What used to be over the top hyperbole is now all too plausible.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 144

@mickstuder wrote:

@Richva wrote:

First, let us remember that military personnel are not allowed to conduct law enforcement duties as written in U.S. law. They can only provide support services. 

Customs and Border Protection have very few support services and they are handled by civilian personnel so what the heck are these soldiers supposed to do all day?  Patrol the local mall?

I am sure Trump's base loves it but God is this stupid. Typical Trump though. No plans, no goals, no sense. 

Waste Tax Payers Money on a Political Stunt - destroy Soldiers morale & the Republican Party - the Party of Fiscal Conservatism is complicit

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 144

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:  

I am sure Trump's base loves it but God is this stupid. Typical Trump though. No plans, no goals, no sense. 

Exactly. I guess we should be grateful he isn't putting a destroyer in the Gulf threatening to launch a few Cruise Missiles.

Now, wait  j-u-s-t  a minute.  Don't give Trader Trump any bright ideas!   Afterall, really early on in his administration, he was asking his military advisors why he couldn' t freely use nuclear weapons.  I think he would love to have some kind of mini-war down there at the border--to make himself look and feel powerful at least in his own rabid mind.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors