Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What dichotomy do you recognize today?

Message 51 of 56

@L42010 wrote:

Dichotomy, as defined in vocabulary.com/dictionary is when you point out a clear distinction between two things, the contrast between them, such as war and peace, love and hate.

definitionshttps://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/dichotomy

In today's world we can see the dichotomy playing out in the current situation of bringing a safer community (which would, I believe would be a peaceful place) but, we do this by actually perpetrating violence (example is:  one might feel safer and purchase a gun, while being allowed to conceal it or in a larger scale declaring war due to violence)? 

I am curious what others see, feel, hear that are today's dichotomy?

Today's most dangerous dichotomy would be the one between Republican Policys and Social Justice.

It not only created the mechanism for the Uberrich to redistribute all the increases in income from the middle class to the very top of the 1%, but caused the under-educated Republicans in the bottom 50% to think the redistribution came from Affirmative Action, Equal Rights, Globalization and Automation.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 56

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 56

@L42010 wrote:

In this new era post Citizens United, I will add my other two cents,that is nothing in the current environment.

The dichotomy of the US political system that was orginally designed by the "forefathers" with it's, basically, two systems. How this system has progressed into the only politcal policies of either far right or far left.  No compromise of anything in between. But the irony (not sure if it the word I want) is the system was set up to go against a tyranny government rule, no?

Yes, the system was set up to stop a tyrant.  When the US political system was originally designed, they did not envision a two party system, that came later.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 56

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 56

@L42010 wrote:

Dichotomy, as defined in vocabulary.com/dictionary is when you point out a clear distinction between two things, the contrast between them, such as war and peace, love and hate.

definitionshttps://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/dichotomy

In today's world we can see the dichotomy playing out in the current situation of bringing a safer community (which would, I believe would be a peaceful place) but, we do this by actually perpetrating violence (example is:  one might feel safer and purchase a gun, while being allowed to conceal it or in a larger scale declaring war due to violence)? 

I am curious what others see, feel, hear that are today's dichotomy?

Thank you for this opportunity

Dichotomy

When you point out a clear distinction between two things, the contrast between them

Trumps Words - The Truth

Trump Words - Reality

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What dichotomy do you recognize today?

Message 56 of 56

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.