Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What can't liberals stay on topic?

Message 1 of 13

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I believe it's due to the infection of doubt. The defense of the indefensible which therefore makes logic ... paradoxically, illogical. 

So... The argument by the left against family values, American exceptionalism, Judeo/Christian morals, conservative political views .. it is never enough to say it's wrong and argue against it, but it must be morally aborhant. Clearly... If that was the case couldn't the left simply refute these values with a logical argument, without the need to call those with opposing views, racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, nazi's who are inflexible, angry and self righteous? 

... just sayin'

wrong on all counts, specificlly the conservative political views. You list the very issues conservatives DONT support. COnservative posters state their incorrect views which most always attack liberals and always without backing. Liberals come back with facts and its called fake news, a term invented by Trump. Before Trump gave you that out, conservatives at least had to find more creative ways to avoid the truth.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@Epster wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Epster wrote:

BTW: the reason I post on a thread then unsubscribe is because the comments are predictable and boring. 

Conservatives will be called stupid, blind, racist liars before a thread either dies a natural death or is closed by a moderator. 

Sticks and stones. Yawn.

C'mon, Eppy, you just proved FishSlayer wrong.  You were the first to wander off topic.  Of course most already knew the topic was politically bigoted, but you did respond similarly.

@Centristsin2010 Hm. I guess I assumed readers could see the unwritten connection to the topic.  Could be the same assumption others make as well, at least those called "Liberals" by Fish. Apologies to any who did not. Here now, the unquestionably on-topic version of my thought:

BTW: this off-topic tendency is the very reason I post on a thread then unsubscribe. The typical, off-topic comments are predictable and boring. Conservatives will be called stupid, blind, racist liars before a thread either dies a natural death or is closed by a moderator.   And most objective posters here can see that occurs on both sides.  I'm surprised you don't "see it"

Sticks and stones. Yawn.

Better now? Smiley Happy Going to hit the unsubscribe button before the mud slinging gets started. Have a great day, y'all Smiley Happy

PS I do realize conservatives here sometimes engage in the same destructive behavior. I don't want to watch that either. LOL, but you did single out Liberals.  Interesting.  Still, it is mostly conservatives that are mistreated, abused, maligned and  treated with disrespect. Could it be because there are more Liberals posting here?  Or that Repubs control Congress and have done nothing over the last 6+ years and have controlled the WH 28 1/2 years out of the last 48 years?  Maybe  .I've no time for any of that. That's all I'm saying. Fair point.

zoom zoom Smiley Happy trail reconn commensing in t-15 minutes ...   Ohhhhh, you said trail....I thought you said tail....

HAGD!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Epster wrote:

BTW: the reason I post on a thread then unsubscribe is because the comments are predictable and boring. 

Conservatives will be called stupid, blind, racist liars before a thread either dies a natural death or is closed by a moderator. 

Sticks and stones. Yawn.

C'mon, Eppy, you just proved FishSlayer wrong.  You were the first to wander off topic.  Of course most already knew the topic was politically bigoted, but you did respond similarly.

@Centristsin2010 Hm. I guess I assumed readers could see the unwritten connection to the topic. Apologies to any who did not. Here now, the unquestionably on-topic version of my thought:

BTW: this off-topic tendency is the very reason I post on a thread then unsubscribe. The typical, off-topic comments are predictable and boring. Conservatives will be called stupid, blind, racist liars before a thread either dies a natural death or is closed by a moderator. 

Sticks and stones. Yawn.

Better now? Smiley Happy Going to hit the unsubscribe button before the mud slinging gets started. Have a great day, y'all Smiley Happy

PS I do realize conservatives here sometimes engage in the same destructive behavior. I don't want to watch that either. Still, it is mostly conservatives that are mistreated, abused, maligned and  treated with disrespect. I've no time for any of that. That's all I'm saying. 

zoom zoom Smiley Happy trail reconn commensing in t-15 minutes ...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For the neoRepublicans, staying "on topic" means swallowing and then regurgitating their lies. For the nR:

Family values means support of Patriarchy.

American Exceptionalism is the far Right is Right, all else is

Wrong.

Judeo-Christian values are the Mark of Cain, slavery's okay and everybody else is going to hell.

All they ever do is post bumper stickers, never any explanation of what they're really talking about. So neos, what "family value" do you support? Allowing the family to stay together instead of jailing the parents for non-violent drug offenses? Spending a couple bucks to keep schools open until working parents get home to supervise the kids? Arranging the tax code so there's enough money to make ecucation k-12 free from "extra charges" for textbooks, school supplies and extra-ciriculiar activities, and affordable trade schools and colleges? Nah, new Republicans oppose every one of those because....????

Cutting taxes so much, like in Oklahoma that they had to go to a four day school week which caused working parents to find sitters, day care or miss work?  Deporting family members to appease 28% of the population?  Bashing a Senator because he didn't support YOUR bill?  Allowing almost anyone to buy a gun which permitted a kid to shoot up a classroom full of 6 year olds?  Electing a President who cheated on his first two wives?  Electing a man who admits to being a serial sexual assault goon? Yeah, RIGHT!!!!!

Here's a partial list of "family value" hypocrites on the Right if anyone is interested....

GOP Family Values Hypocrites

The Libs that are being bashed support,CHIPS, healthcare for all, increasing the minimum wage and protecting workers rights and equal pay to name just a few.

Both sides of the political spectrum support Family Values, but only one, bigotedly claim it's "theirs".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

This thread is pretty funny as it is the Trump "what about" technique which usually drags us off topic.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

@Epster wrote:

What a paradox.

We have a comment that "comments are predictable and boring".

But, within the same sentence, the same person states: "The reason I post on a thread and unsubscribe".

Posting on a thread and then unsubscribing every time is predictable and..............

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

For the neoRepublicans, staying "on topic" means swallowing and then regurgitating their lies. For the nR:

Family values means support of Patriarchy.

American Exceptionalism is the far Right is Right, all else is

Wrong.

Judeo-Christian values are the Mark of Cain, slavery's okay and everybody else is going to hell.

All they ever do is post bumper stickers, never any explanation of what they're really talking about. So neos, what "family value" do you support? Allowing the family to stay together instead of jailing the parents for non-violent drug offenses? Spending a couple bucks to keep schools open until working parents get home to supervise the kids? Arranging the tax code so there's enough money to make ecucation k-12 free from "extra charges" for textbooks, school supplies and extra-ciriculiar activities, and affordable trade schools and colleges? Nah, new Republicans oppose every one of those because....????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

Because they have a very weak position on almost every topic that shows up here.

They seem to immediately move to name calling and then attempt to steer the thread off topic.  

They have no new ideas, no plan, their party has no leadership and has been hijacked by the radical left.  They are completely out of touch with mainstream America.

IMO

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@Epster wrote:

Sticks and stones. Yawn.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@Epster wrote:

Weak arguments call for desperate measures. Dragging threads off-topic is one avenue to disruption. Another fave avenue is reducing each thread to the same baseless accusations promoted by lamestream media. Just sayin'. Smiley Happy

Couldn't argree more.  It's like the cowards argument, "If you don't like it here, just leave".

btw.....straw arguments are usually "off-topic" and it isn't a Lib that's referred to as the "straw-whisperer".

I hope this meets the standard of remaining "on topic".  Wouldn't want to trouble any Cons, or Libs for that matter.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors