From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What a Deal Some Have

Message 41 of 50
Excellent post, gruff and exactly correct.  Should those who can think expect an intelligent reply from the topic poster?  Or any other Conservative here? I don't.  They prefer to whine and moan about what they see as a problem but once again, the ability to see the big picture seems quite flawed.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 50

@gruffstuff wrote:

How did they get 56 billion dollars?

Work

Who did they work for?

Americans 

What did they do with the money they earned ?

Sent it to their families to support them.

What is wrong with any of that?

They're not white.

They sent 56 billion dollars they earned back home,  they're supporting their families and local economics back home .......... which means the people back home are less likely to try to come here.

Think of it as foreign aid earned through work to help poor people that the people who do the work and earn the money don't get credit for.

Just the opposite, they get blamed for it.

@gruffstuff, you have hit the nail on the head.

To the people that complain about things like this, there is only one sentence in your post that is important to them. That sentence was:

THEY'RE NOT WHITE

It is also interesting to note that the people complaining about this are the same people who make a mockery of our First BLACK President by likening him to a teenage clown. These are the same people that provide "figures" from unverifiable fake news sites.

They fail to mention that:

(1) Immigrants from around the world send money home.

(2) Immigrants have always sent money home.

Indians, Pakistanis, Filipinos, Chinese all send money home from places like Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, France, United Kingdom, Qatar, and Italy.

But then came "SPANKY" Trump's racist tinged "American First" policy that essentially copied the anti-immigrant, anti-Semite "America First" programs of the 1930's.

So now it is a "crime" to send money back home from the U.S. for those with darker skin.

"SPANKY'S" policies are backfiring on him.

At one time, "Spanky" has remarked "all Haitians have AIDS", likened illegal immigrants to vomit, and called the countries in Africa **bleep**HOLE countries.

That kind of racism is not viewed positively by a group that Trump would love to move to the United States.

The Norwegians.

Norwegian immigrants are down to a trickle here in the United States because they realize, but for the color of their skin, "there goes I" when it comes to the President's and his minions XENOPHOBIC rantings. They realize how easy it would be for them to be targeted also.

"SPANKY" has never put his brain in gear before he has put his mouth in motion and AMERICA is worse for it, alot worse.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 50

How did they get 56 billion dollars?

Work

Who did they work for?

Americans 

What did they do with the money they earned ?

Sent it to their families to support them.

What is wrong with any of that?

They're not white.

They sent 56 billion dollars they earned back home,  they're supporting their families and local economics back home .......... which means the people back home are less likely to try to come here.

Think of it as foreign aid earned through work to help poor people that the people who do the work and earn the money don't get credit for.

Just the opposite, they get blamed for it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 50

Why is it so wrong that we cannot provide basic healthcare services for people, citizens or immigrants? Don’t we pay for those citizens who chose to not have health insurance or cannot afford it...and go to the ER instead? We keep trying to blame people for getting sick. Perhaps we need to blame the current administration for not caring if all have access to healthcare. They have theirs, why care about the common folk?

As far as sending money back, don’t we first need to ask why these folks have been hired by corps, farms, and the wealthy who just want to have cheap undocumented labor to profit off of. Once again, don’t blame an immigrant for providing requested labor...by US citizens. 

frosty medical

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 50

@Soosie wrote:

what we pay for.pngNo Wonder they all want to come here and enjoy what we "Patsys" pay for

When I google THE NEWLY PRESS all I get are links to:

INFORMATION ABOUT FAKE NEWS SITES

@Soosie, please provide your readers source information that confirms the figures relating to the cash being sent back. Also provide further information regarding the free services you note in your post. There were no values assigned to the use of these services by illegal immigrants.

Without any further reference, other than THE NEWLY PRESS, I must say that no one will believe your post whatsoever.

That's what happens with FAKE NEWS.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 50

@Richva wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@Richva.........Thanks for confirming the information. The only thing you got wrong was about Medicare. It was not in my post. Did you have a problem with your level of reading ability? I hate to see someone try to show superiority and then have the same difficulty they just tried to label on someone else. Karma, I guess.

Good point. It was not in your post but I did want to include it as many conservatives incorrectly believe that undocumented aliens have access to medicare or ACA insurance (Obamacare) which is, of course, false. I should have been more specific as I really did not mean to confuse you. Still, you did not mention which medical program the undocumented would be able to access so I assume it is the requirement of all hospitals to take care of the seriously sick or dying who show up at their emergency rooms. Is that correct or is there another program? 

Medi-Cal covers the health cost for undocumented children and they are working also to cover adult undocumented.

States can do what they want with their Medicaid programs in this regards, without federal match.  Many states us some of their Medicaid to pay for some of their health needs in their schools and don"t single out the undocumented children.

Yes, hospitals that receive Medicare/Medicaid have to treat them in the ER to get them stable - once that is received, they either are released of they are transferred to a public hospital.

Somebody has to pay - many times, it is the state via taxes.

If they are paying customers, they can get care anywhere.

They can buy private insurance too, off the exchange.

If many of these undocumented folks are sending a big chunk of their money back to their homeland,  perhaps we should be assessing a users fee and take it out then and there before the money leaves.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 50

@Soosie wrote:
@Richva.........Thanks for confirming the information. The only thing you got wrong was about Medicare. It was not in my post. Did you have a problem with your level of reading ability? I hate to see someone try to show superiority and then have the same difficulty they just tried to label on someone else. Karma, I guess.

Good point. It was not in your post but I did want to include it as many conservatives incorrectly believe that undocumented aliens have access to medicare or ACA insurance (Obamacare) which is, of course, false. I should have been more specific as I really did not mean to confuse you. Still, you did not mention which medical program the undocumented would be able to access so I assume it is the requirement of all hospitals to take care of the seriously sick or dying who show up at their emergency rooms. Is that correct or is there another program? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 50
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 50

As you all know, Trump is the master and leading high scorer, in lies and misinformation. This is an excellent example of the misinformation that Republicans love to spread. Usually in the form of photo memes as they all seem to have some level of reading difficulty. 

Certainly some aliens get free lunches. None get free medicare but they may get free medical care as required of all hospitals and they usually get the care in emergency rooms when they are so sick it is life threatening. Yes, their children may get free lunches.  Have you ever tried to teach a hungry child? Finally, the successful ones send money home. Immigrants tend to start more businesses than native born and they do send money back. 

Just facts and we all know conservatives are allergic to those. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

What a Deal Some Have

Message 50 of 50

what we pay for.pngNo Wonder they all want to come here and enjoy what we "Patsys" pay for

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors