From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What a Deal Some Have

Message 31 of 50
The undocumented have no right to taxpayer paid services since their very presence here is illegal.

They aren't "common folk" - they are illegal. Those with work permits are covered by their employer, at least in my state..........@GailL1........Illegal is what some posters seem to be missing. I found that people who have not gone through the process to become citizens have no loyalty to this country. Some posters have zero or little experience with working with people who are not legally in the country and they are basing thoughts on feelings, not facts. I am a working senior, paying taxes and I darn well would prefer my taxes be spent to help a citizen of the USA.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 50

@MIseker wrote:

@

but they pay taxes too : http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/oct/02/maria-teresa-kumar/how-much-do-undocumen...

Thanks to the automatic deduction and filing by their employer - they pay income taxes and payroll taxes under somebody's number. 

What some low earning Americans should do is share their SS# with an Undocumented worker in order to boost their AIME

Show me an undocumented business owner that gets an EIN and pays their taxes and for that matter, those of any employees which they have.  And please note:  This is another place where a person's TRUE identity, Citizenship status or authorized foreign worker/employer comes into play.

IRS - Taxpayer Identification Number

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 50

Well Gail if those laws were enacted in 2016 for the undocumented children. yes in that case you are correct.
I do will admit that frankly  I don't know if I am happy of this event. I would like to know first of all how much is costing the State of California and what other services are not happening because of this.
IN my view, although is a humanitary issue. is not a way tio deal with individuals that have broken the lasw and continue to break the law.

Very difficult for me to approve of such a measure.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

Why is it so wrong that we cannot provide basic healthcare services for people, citizens or immigrants? Don’t we pay for those citizens who chose to not have health insurance or cannot afford it...and go to the ER instead? We keep trying to blame people for getting sick. Perhaps we need to blame the current administration for not caring if all have access to healthcare. They have theirs, why care about the common folk?

As far as sending money back, don’t we first need to ask why these folks have been hired by corps, farms, and the wealthy who just want to have cheap undocumented labor to profit off of. Once again, don’t blame an immigrant for providing requested labor...by US citizens. 

frosty medical

The undocumented have no right to taxpayer paid services since their very presence here is illegal.

They aren't "common folk" - they are illegal.  Those with work permits are covered by their employer, at least in my state.

As far as E-verify goes - many states don't even enforce it.  Take a look at which ones (from 2016).

Numbers USA 05.27.2018 - Map of States with E-Verify Laws

My state does enforce it - Georgia - we hear of raids on various employers across the state frequently.  This opens up jobs for actual citizens.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 50

@rker321 wrote:

Gail  in my 20 years of working with those programs in California, I never saw an elegibility workder provide a Medical card to an undocumented persone.

The undocumented inmmigrant do have the right to be treated at our hospitals on emergency services only. but that is standard to any tourist that comes into the US and hasto go to the ER 
so please provied information on how Medical has been given to undocumented children for use on non emergency services.

How long has it been since you moved from your "ideal" state?  Things do change.

California.gov - SB-75 - Full Scope Medi-Cal for All Children

Under a new law that will be implemented no sooner than May 1, 2016, children under 19 years of age are eligible for full-scope Medi-Cal benefits regardless of immigration status, as long as they meet all other eligibility requirements (Welfare and Institutions Code section 14007.8.)

As far as Undocumented adults, they are still working on it -

California Healthline (via Capital Public Radio) 04.18.2018 - Bill To Expand Medi-Cal Coverage To Un...

A bill that would expand health care coverage to undocumented adults has moved forward in the California state Assembly, part of a push by Democratic lawmakers to create universal coverage, after a single-payer bill stalled last year. Allowing undocumented adults onto Medi-Cal could get California a third of the way there. The UC Berkeley Labor Center says it would expand access to coverage to more than a million people. But the bill and the universal coverage effort generally still face a major hurdle—how to pay for them. (Bradford, 4/17)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 50

Gail  in my 20 years of working with those programs in California, I never saw an elegibility workder provide a Medical card to an undocumented persone.

The undocumented inmmigrant do have the right to be treated at our hospitals on emergency services only. but that is standard to any tourist that comes into the US and hasto go to the ER 
so please provied information on how Medical has been given to undocumented children for use on non emergency services.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 50

They also pay millions into Social Security and Medicare that they will not be able to use.
------------------------------------------------@Snoopy48
I would like to see your source of proof on this. Many of them use a fake SS number, so where does that money go? Years ago when a manager wanted to try some Mexicans in our workforce and could not be talked out of it, we discovered later they had fake SS numbers. One of the woman became pregnant and the medical source she used had other information than what we had on record. When told this, the medical provider said it didn't matter. Then, near Christmas, they all went back to Mexico for a long visit. No mention, just disappeared. Guess what, the jobs were filled with some employees who did not have all this baggage. They showed back up, same faces, different names and SS numbers. Honesty of any kind didn't seem to matter.
Also, in today's workforce, some that do have visas to work here are exempt from paying social security. Don't think you have current facts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 50

I am not going to come here and deny what you have posted, because I do know that what you have stated happens to be true.
I have known for years that many of undocumented that live in the US  send quite a bit of their own salaries back to their homes, that is the reason or one of them as to why they are here. Yes, their children do go to school and benefit of any of the things that schools offers. 

But, Instead of blaming the Democrats for that, I as a Republican and hoping that you ares still one of them realize that this is not a new issue. This issue has been going on for decades and decades. and that no previous Administration has actually done anything to really make sure that we have a comprehensive Immigration reform bill and that the existing laws are respected and enforced.

so, in a word, your post is not new, it has existed for many many years

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 50

@MIseker wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

what we pay for.pngNo Wonder they all want to come here and enjoy what we "Patsys" pay for

but they pay taxes too : http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/oct/02/maria-teresa-kumar/how-much-do-undocumen...

They also pay millions into Social Security and Medicare that they will not be able to use.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 50

@Soosie wrote:

what we pay for.pngNo Wonder they all want to come here and enjoy what we "Patsys" pay for

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors