Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What a Deal Some Have

Message 11 of 50

@oceanedge2

Along with ditching the national anthem, perhaps we should dismantle the Statue of Liberty. We can just put a sign up that reads “go away, go back, we don’t like you and we don’t want you here”. “We are not who you thought we were, we are worse than that”. Of course we might reconsider if you will work for nothing!

A conservative theme?

frosty compassion

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 50

The original post had a banner for THE NEWLY PRESS.

Google it and all you get are links to websites that discuss FAKE NEWS.

I thought it had been verified that this is Vlad's best weapon against American society.  Pretty sure.  You would think more people were aware of up v. down and right v. wrong.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 50

@nctarheel wrote:

When I google THE NEWLY PRESS all I get are links to:

INFORMATION ABOUT FAKE NEWS SITES

@Soosie, please provide your readers source information that confirms the figures relating to the cash being sent back. Also provide further information regarding the free services you note in your post. There were no values assigned to the use of these services by illegal immigrants.

OK, Folks.

About 24 hours ago, I requested that @Soosie provide her source information that would confirm the contents of her original post.

There has been no response to that request.

The original post had a banner for THE NEWLY PRESS.

Google it and all you get are links to websites that discuss FAKE NEWS.

It is no surprise that googling THE NEWLY PRESS ends up being linked to information about FAKE NEWS.

One can only come to the conclusion that the entire ORIGINAL POST was FAKE NEWS.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 50

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I take it that you have had minimal dealings with people while in other countries, those who would come here because Americans are rich.

Why do you always make assumptions, and denigrating ones at that, just because I don’t agree with you? Remember my husband is an immigrant, too. I have lived in another country for a short time. And traveled even more in the greater region.  You and I just have different outlooks on what it means to be someone who contributes to society.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 50

Tx - I take it that you have had minimal dealings with people while in other countries, those who would come here because Americans are rich.

Well, are we not the land of opportunity anymore?  Best ditch that National Anthem altogether if that's the case.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 50

Tx  -I have great respect for those who attempt to better themselves,

but not as much for those like the peasant farmer who told me....

Wait a minute, I've always believed peasant farmers are people who work hard everyday "to better themselves".  Is the fact they are not rich from all their effort disqualify them from the benefit of your respect?

Truth be told, 'You Americans are rich, we are poor, therefore you need to share with us', was a lesson he had likely learned in Sunday School.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 50

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Our laws serve everyone on our shores. Not just citizens.  These are people in our community.  

I don’t understand people who try to dehumanize them. At all.

Our laws serve everyone within our borders.  And there are laws restricting access to our borders, much as there are laws restricting access to our homes and property.  They are similar...no one is allowed access to our property except with permission.  They are similar situations.

I respect people in other countries as human beings.  I have lived among them spending time in their homes as a guest.  I have great respect for those who attempt to better themselves, but not as much for those like the peasant farmer who told me that 'You Americans are rich, we are poor, therefore you need to share with us'. 

I take it that you have had minimal dealings with people while in other countries, those who would come here because Americans are rich.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 50

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Laws are meant to serve people. People are not meant to serve laws. 

If if we don’t help others, we are useless.

Our laws are to serve our citizens, not those in other countries.  Residents in other countries are not subject to our Constitution.

So, are you more concerned about other countries or the United States?  If we allow our strength to be weakened by those countries, then how can we be of help to them?

How many illegals are you willing to take into your home?  Or could I just discontinue paying upkeep on mine and move into yours like these illegals are doing to our country?  Of course you have no restrictions of my family doing so, do you?  Same as encouraging illegals to 'crash' our country's borders.

Have you tried the Peace Corps or some religious group to relocate and help them in their country instead?

Our laws serve everyone on our shores. Not just citizens.  These are people in our community.  

I don’t understand people who try to dehumanize them. At all.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 50

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Our laws are to serve our citizens, not those in other countries.  Residents in other countries are not subject to our Constitution.

So, are you more concerned about other countries or the United States?  If we allow our strength to be weakened by those countries, then how can we be of help to them?

How many illegals are you willing to take into your home?  Or could I just discontinue paying upkeep on mine and move into yours like these illegals are doing to our country?  Of course you have no restrictions of my family doing so, do you?  Same as encouraging illegals to 'crash' our country's borders.

Have you tried the Peace Corps or some religious group to relocate and help them in their country instead?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 50

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors