Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
125
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

125 Views
Message 21 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Hillary lost because of she ran on the main philosophy that it was time for a woman president @Tex.......good statement. If the left could just realize voters do not vote because one is a woman or because of the color of someone's skin.  Obama was a black man.  Skin color did not make him qualified or a God as some seem to still think. Hillary  showed such weakness to me when she allowed ole Bill to bang a great number of the population and then blame it on the women. Then, she talks now about how men influenced the female vote. She is so in the backwoods.


A bunch of nonsense!  Hillary never said, "Vote for me because I'm a woman".  Just nonsense.  In fact, many claimed to not vote for her because she was a woman, including some women.


No, she did not say the exact word in your quotation marks. But, it was a basis of her campaign:

 

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/albright-addresses-women-voters-617720899732

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
125
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
110
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

110 Views
Message 22 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


the Russian influence was the greatest factor....

If there was that much Russian influence and not her fault, then they wasn't (sic) very influential since Middle America was the ones who defeated her with the votes that counted....the electoral votes. 88,000 votes swung the electoral votes.  Most understand that and it was three states, not "middle america that always vote Repub like NE, OK, AR, MO, etc. Try to be objective.... 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
110
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
96
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

96 Views
Message 23 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

Bernie was as far Left as it got and far from being an Independent which he claims he is in Congress.  He should have run as an Independent himself.


Perhaps you should contact him and let him know? (sic)  Is that a question or a suggestion?


 


Whatever, take it whichever way you want.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
96
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
99
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

99 Views
Message 24 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

Bernie was as far Left as it got and far from being an Independent which he claims he is in Congress.  He should have run as an Independent himself.


Perhaps you should contact him and let him know? (sic)  Is that a question or a suggestion?


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
99
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
89
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

89 Views
Message 25 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


the Russian influence was the greatest factor....

If there was that much Russian influence and not her fault, then they wasn't very influential since Middle America was the ones who defeated her with the votes that counted....the electoral votes.  Hillary lost because of Hillary, not necessarily because of Russian influence.

 

If you voted for her because of her experience factor...her experience is without doubt the factor that defeated her.  She had nothing to offer but another term of Obama's.  It might be an indication that mid-America was fed up with his policies and wanted a change.  Note on the political map link from the NYT that her voter's base was in metropolitan areas instead of hometown American.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
89
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
83
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

83 Views
Message 26 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 

she got 3,000,000 MORE votes


.....but lost the votes that would have elected her...thanks to the Russians.


You have actual proof of that, or is just going along with the accusations? It's not my proof.  Try catching up on your reading.  Did the Russians influence your vote?  Nope.  Given Congress was led by Repubes in both houses, I was going to vote Dem regardless....it's what many of us Centrists do.  How many voters said that they were influenced by the Russians?  I give up....how many?

 

I have no doubt that a good many people already had their minds made up before she was nominated.  As usual, your assumption is way off. The polls wouldn't have changed so much from Jan 2016 to Nov 2016.

 

And you yourself has (sic) continually been among those who keeps saying she got 3,000,000 more popular votes than Trump. Oh my, so those other than you understand facts.  It's nothing new.  So did the Russians influence that?  If so, very little.  They focused mainly on several key states including PA, OH, WrI, MI and a few other key states.  Again, you really should read more vs. having to be fed information.  Remember that Trump gathered the electoral votes that counted from conservative Middle America which were the key states Russians focused on...which leans predominantly towards Republicans rather than liberal Democrats.  Not MI, WI, OH and PA....you ignore the fact that trump won by just 88,000 votes in the key states.  Russians focused on about 5 million facebook users.....88,000 was easy to impact.

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
83
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
85
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

85 Views
Message 27 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


A bunch of nonsense!  Hillary never said, "Vote for me because I'm a woman".  Just nonsense.  In fact, many claimed to not vote for her because she was a woman, including some women.


No nonsense....Why, because you say so? .The entire theme here of voting for Hillary was her gender...  Are you suggesting others voted for Hillary simply because she was a woman?  I doubt many, if any did. .how many posts were made here saying 'it's time for a woman president'?  Oh, more than a few, but that doesn't mean anyone voted for her just for that reason.  She was the most qualified candidate in the election, possibly in history. I voted for simply for that reason and I have said it was time for a woman as President and that didn't mean that was the main reason I voted for her....it was secondary to the experience factor.

 

'Or because it was her time', etc. Yep, because of her experience. And of course many women didn't vote for her because of that reason. I agree....stupid reason not to vote for someone.  But of course there was also many who wouldn't vote for her because of her background in going after female accusers of Bill over a man who claimed his boasting was "locker room talk" and after MANY more accusations against trump, some of which have been shown to be accurate. How many votes would trump have lost had he not buried all the affairs he had? or because of her character. Because she didn't pay off her accusers....the Russian influence was the greatest factor....trump knows it; it's why he now claims he's concerned about the 2018 elections because he's "so tough on Russia"......LOL.  What a joke!


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
85
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
86
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

86 Views
Message 28 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

Bernie was as far Left as it got and far from being an Independent which he claims he is in Congress.  He should have run as an Independent himself.


Perhaps you should contact him and let him know?  I'm sure he'd appreciate your suggestion.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
86
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
85
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

85 Views
Message 29 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 

she got 3,000,000 MORE votes


.....but lost the votes that would have elected her...thanks to the Russians.


You have actual proof of that, or is just going along with the accusations?  Did the Russians influence your vote?  How many voters said that they were influenced by the Russians?  I have no doubt that a good many people already had their minds made up before she was nominated.

 

And you yourself has continually been among those who keeps saying she got 3,000,000 more popular votes than Trump.  So did the Russians influence that?  Remember that Trump gathered the electoral votes that counted from conservative Middle America which leans predominantly towards Republicans rather than liberal Democrats.

 

This NYT 'Extremely Detailed Map of the 2016 Election" gives an idea of where the votes came from.  Middle America elected Trump, but wouldn't it be doubtful that the Russians had such widespread influence over such a huge area?  Note that the large urban areas where the propaganda would have more fully reached went liberal.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
85
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
89
Views

Re: 'What You're Seeing... Is Not What's Happening.'

89 Views
Message 30 of 66

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:


Bernie Sanders

Haven't you pretty well ran the Bernie Sanders thingy into the ground enough?  I was supporting Sanders as an alternative to Hillary. 

 

Bernie was as far Left as it got and far from being an Independent which he claims he is in Congress.  He should have run as an Independent himself.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
89
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors