Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What July 4th Was Like When I Was a Child

Message 1 of 35

@williamb39198 wrote:

If the right has a lot of fantasy childhood 4ths, now with trump’s intervention, what do they envision for children of the future...speeches by a dictator?

Yup .... historically disconnected "speeches" describing George Washington flying planes and attacking airports. Trump has made America's Executive Office the laughing stock of the entire world!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

"Under the Constitution" Tex, Trump should have been removed as President!

Since when has the proper proceedings of impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate been done away with?  Those proceedings depend on the House starting them.  Not sure what Constitution you are invoking.

I am referring to our Constitution Tex .... the same Constitution that Trump defecates all over while Republicans look the other way.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

They enter the country illegally without documentation.  There is a legal way of entry by applying for visas, a method which almost every country on earth has.  Besides no one asked these people to leave their native countries.  If you have any compassion for these children, then why don't you do something for them in their native country instead of using them for political propaganda?

But these children are not the topic of the discussion, but only brought up because liberals have a problem staying on topic,

I think you are talking about me. When i posted this. I was just pointing out that, when I was a child, my fourth did not include pictures of immigrant kids in cages like it does under Trump.  I should think you would be proud of what the Snowflake in Chief has done with the children of asylum seekers. 

Caged.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35

@TxGrandpa2  - can you irrefutably legally prove that they weren't doing that when you were a child?

OF COURSE YOU CAN'T!!!

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 35

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It's a shame that having compassion for immigrant children in cages has to be "partisan".  If a person has to be "partisan", a Democrat, or a Liberal to have compassion for these children then I am proud to be all three.

And by the way, the majority of the children there aren't "illegals".  They are entering the country through ports of entry, legally .......... are they "welcomed" by you?

They enter the country illegally without documentation.  There is a legal way of entry by applying for visas, a method which almost every country on earth has.  Besides no one asked these people to leave their native countries.  If you have any compassion for these children, then why don't you do something for them in their native country instead of using them for political propaganda?

But these children are not the topic of the discussion, but only brought up because liberals have a problem staying on topic,

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I thought this was very appropriate to the thread. 

Only from a partisan point of view.  Has nothing to do with the topic.  No one asked these illegals to come here, nor to bring their children.  If they used the legal avenues they would have been welcomed.

This is has nothing to do with July 4th during our childhood.

It's a shame that having compassion for immigrant children in cages has to be "partisan".  If a person has to be "partisan", a Democrat, or a Liberal to have compassion for these children then I am proud to be all three.

And by the way, the majority of the children there aren't "illegals".  They are entering the country through ports of entry, legally .......... are they "welcomed" by you?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

@Richva wrote:

The word was "should" Tx. The point being that Trump has done more than enough to justify impeachment and conviction but the Senate would stand in the way so the point is mute.

Do you disagree? 

I agree that whether he should be impeached is up to the House of Representatives through impeachment proceedings if they have sufficient votes based on evidence.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

If the right has a lot of fantasy childhood 4ths, now with trump’s intervention, what do they envision for children of the future...speeches by a dictator?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Seems harsh but he's your president. 

Under the Constitution, he is the President of the United States, which means he is your President

Yes but, like a majority of American voters, I voted against him and find it quite embarrassing to admit he is "my" president even if not by our choice. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

"Under the Constitution" Tex, Trump should have been removed as President!

Since when has the proper proceedings of impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate been done away with?  Those proceedings depend on the House starting them.  Not sure what Constitution you are invoking.

The word was "should" Tx. The point being that Trump has done more than enough to justify impeachment and conviction but the Senate would stand in the way so the point is mute.

Do you disagree? 

Kudos
Views