What Happens When?

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Happens When?

Message 21 of 57

@Richva wrote:

It would have been better if they had been successful in the area they are asked to administer. We are seeing first hand what chaos a lack of experience in a successful person can cause. 

I seriously question if any person would choose Shawn Donovan the former head of HUD as their neuro-surgeon.

I doubt any oil exploration company would hire Henry Kissinger as their CEO. 

Very successful people. 

I see your point about area of specialty. However, at the level we are discussing, management and leadership are the key needs. A good leader can hire all the specific expertise he or she needs.

As to hiring in the other direction - you are right. No one wants to bring government bureaucratic thinking into the private sector. The "drain the swamp" idea needs private sector thinking in the government.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 57

@Roxanna35 wrote:

So now anyone that is not a Republican is a Neo Marxist?  and then, what nice name do you want to call the Republicans?

Please,, neither party actually really represent the majority of Americans, we have gone from leftists to rightists to now populists.
Well, is going to be a long treck before all of this gets sorted out. perhaps we will see the birth of a new party. 

I have not heard that theory in your first sentence. Where did you get it??

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

They have to learn to function in the world the Progressives have created - I don't like that world, but one must deal with reality.

Progressives???????

You got to be kidding me.

The REAL reality is that DUFUS TRUMP can't even bring consensus to his own party because his leadership skills are the worst of any President, including Herbert Hoover.

That might be the only reason he would consider working with Democrats. They are all that's left. He's lost his own party and that ain't easy.

The White House is composed of back stabbing appointees, Trump family members, and possibly operatives with allegiances to other countries.

The Cabinet is a who's who of BILLIONAIRES some of which have been appointed to lead agencies that they would rather destroy.

The DUFUS TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is an alternate universe that will, at some point, go Supernova, implode and then, explode.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-are-so-hopeless-trump-may-have-to-work-with-demo...

President Trump won the election despite the Republican establishment, not with it. He is trying to honor his campaign promises. If that means working with Dems, so be it, That approach seems the absolute opposite of "DUFUS".

I don't understand what is confusing about "Progressives".

Yes, he is appointing successful people. Makes sense to me, how about you?

Yes, I  agree about appointing successful people - the problem is his daughter and son in-law while no doubt successful have absolutely - No Experience for the Postions they've been appointed too but they both do have multiple ethical and technical Conflicts of Interest

Yes - I also agree - The President - is trying - to honor his Campaign Commitments - too bad the Greatest Negotiator in the World can't even manage his own Staff in the Whitehouse

So far he's Fired his National Security Advisor for possible Treason - 1 Month After he hired him

He's had his hand-picked US Attorney General have to recuse himself from investigating his boss for Treason

This week he exiled his Whitehouse Deputy Chief of Staff Katie Walsh to Alaska to work as Paid Political Operative to disrupt any anti-Trump Political Rallys by the Inuits

Both His First & Second Highest Priority Foreign Policy Initiatives - The Muslim Bans - were struck down as unconstitutional by multiple Federal Courts citing they appeared to be written either by a 5 year old or someone who had no grasp of the US Constitution or US Foreign Policy

In the last two weeks he's colluded with the Republican Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee by having Chairman Nunes sneak into the Whitehouse with the assistance of two Whitehouse Staffers after ditching his own staff by commuting covertly using multiple Ubers a wig and a moustache and then reviewing classified documents already in the possession of the Whitehouse - afterwards holding a Press Conference about how he had just  briefed the President about the classified documents the President already had in his possession

1. Do you remember when He said during the Campaign that anyone seeking Immunity must be Guilty as Sin or some facsimile - yesterday he Confirmed his Fired National Security Advisors Guilt by advising him by Tweet to seek Immunity

So - NO - I see no evidence that the Title of Chief Dufus of the USA is not warranted 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

They cannot look at what Trump is actually doing because that would force them to admit they were conned.

I don't think many thought that the Republican establishment was going to suddenly line up behind him. So, no conning involved - we knew it was going to be a struggle but the direction of our Nation had to be changed and the Republican establishment has shown no willingness to stand up the the neo-Marxists that have taken over the Democratic Party. Hence, an outsider.

In spite of being asked numerous times, you have never once offered anything specific in the Democrat's platform/agenda that is Marxist in nature. Yet you complain about terms such as Goperdupes, etc. "Marxist" is an empty whine word, or name calling, without presenting actual examples.

Trump is no "outsider", he is part of the swamp, just like the following top aides. Now the richest don't have to buy laws and tax breaks by lobbying, they are becoming the government:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/vast-wealth-held-trump-s-top-aides-documents-show-n74123...

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

They cannot look at what Trump is actually doing because that would force them to admit they were conned.

I don't think many thought that the Republican establishment was going to suddenly line up behind him. So, no conning involved - we knew it was going to be a struggle but the direction of our Nation had to be changed and the Republican establishment has shown no willingness to stand up the the neo-Marxists that have taken over the Democratic Party. Hence, an outsider.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 57

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The left criticizes Trump when he attempts to meet the promises he made when running for President.  He didn't commit to following the leftist agenda of Obama.

It must be nice to be able to seriously ignore 50% of what Trump said during his campaign. If he had complete cooperation from Congress he cannot possibly meet more than 50% of his promises because he promised both sides of every issue.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 57

Albion61--Could it be that self-interest could be the culprit?  When one is more interested in preserving one's job, rather than to do what is right for the country. 

I have said this before, but since it seems relative to this thread, I gained undying respect for President Obama, when he said, "I will do what is right for the American People, and if that means that i will be a one term president, so be it."  That is leadership!  That is putting others before oneself, that is protecting a democracy based on the freedoms of all.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

President Trump won the election despite the Republican establishment, not with it. He is trying to honor his campaign promises. If that means working with Dems, so be it, That approach seems the absolute opposite of "DUFUS".

I don't understand what is confusing about "Progressives".

Yes, he is appointing successful people. Makes sense to me, how about you?

It would have been better if they had been successful in the area they are asked to administer. We are seeing first hand what chaos a lack of experience in a successful person can cause. 

I seriously question if any person would choose Shawn Donovan the former head of HUD as their neuro-surgeon.

I doubt any oil exploration company would hire Henry Kissinger as their CEO. 

Very successful people. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 57

So now anyone that is not a Republican is a Neo Marxist?  and then, what nice name do you want to call the Republicans?

Please,, neither party actually really represent the majority of Americans, we have gone from leftists to rightists to now populists.
Well, is going to be a long treck before all of this gets sorted out. perhaps we will see the birth of a new party. 

no name
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 57

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I am wondering if President Trump will learn the lesson that all government officials eventually learn. That you cannot change Washington, or the way it functions. And that being successful in business is no guarantee of success in the functioning of the government, And how much will he have to capitulate in order to be able to bring to fruition anything that he has promised.

True - it is a challenge and it is certainly not an "immediate" task. However, if he can at least nudge the bureaucracies into the right direction, it will be a start.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors