Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Happens When?

Message 41 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

sp - those were his words. Do you have an alternate interpretation?

Yes, exactly what I said before.  Since you edited it out, just go back and look and my post.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 57

@Albion61 wrote:

Being a politician in an extremely polarized environment is not a good enough reason to dismantle, not protect, the people's government at the request of their donors. "Neo-Marxism of the Democrats" doesn't mean a **bleep** thing. Are you trying to describe as Marxist the progressive policies of the Democrats that find so much support from the majority of citizens in the country like Obamacare, Social Security, Medicare, the right to choose an abortion, and LGBT rights?

alb - The polarized environment was in response to - "The question is, why don't Republicans act like intelligent and prudent human beings interested in continuing and protecting our democratic form government?". They are trying to function within that environment.

The neo-Marxism of the Progressive Movement which has taken over the Democratic party most certainly does mean a *bleep" thing. It means taking our nation away from it's constitutional roots and down a failed path.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 57

sp - those were his words. Do you have an alternate interpretation?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 57

Being a politician in an extremely polarized environment is not a good enough reason to dismantle, not protect, the people's government at the request of their donors. "Neo-Marxism of the Democrats" doesn't mean a **bleep** thing. Are you trying to describe as Marxist the progressive policies of the Democrats that find so much support from the majority of citizens in the country like Obamacare, Social Security, Medicare, the right to choose an abortion, and LGBT rights?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

I said - "Obama said, "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun".

You said - “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said.

And the "out of context" part was?

So, I'll leave it to you to decide if he was talking about governing or campaigning. I believe he was speaking of politics in general.

The out of context part was not using the full quote in the text it was given, which was talking about the campaign against McCain and Palin who was attacking him.  Again the actual quote is "

He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’ ” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!”

“I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 57

@Albion61 wrote:

No. Sarcasm is out of place. The question is, why don't Republicans act like intelligent and prudent human beings interested in continuing and protecting our democratic form government?

Two reasons. One, they are politicians in an extremely polarized environment. Two, in stopping the neo-Marxism of the modern day Democrats, they are protecting our democratic form of government.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 57

I said - "Obama said, "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun".

You said - “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said.

And the "out of context" part was?

So, I'll leave it to you to decide if he was talking about governing or campaigning. I believe he was speaking of politics in general.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 57

No. Sarcasm is out of place. The question is, why don't Republicans act like intelligent and prudent human beings interested in continuing and protecting our democratic form government?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Richva wrote:

You would almost think that the Republican party cannot govern. 

Maybe a new name would work out for them.

THE REPUBLICAN'TS

I hardly think a name change would accomplish anything. They have to learn to function in the world the Progressives have created - I don't like that world, but one must deal with reality.

Remember when Obama said, "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun" - the Republican establishment insists on bringing a copy of the Marquess of Queensberry rules.

Taken a little out of context.  The first time this "quote" was used was in "The Untouchables" movie by Sean Connery talking about how they would stop the mob.  What Obama said was "

He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’ ” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!”

“I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

So, I'll leave it to you to decide if he was talking about governing or campaigning.

How has the Republican Establishment "played by the rules"?  The major violators of the "rules" are the Tea Party obstructionists that have been sent in to cause chaos.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 57

@nctarheel wrote:

DUFUS TRUMP would love a one party government.

He looks on a menu of DEMOCRAT, REPUBLICAN, NAZI, PROGRESSIVE, GREEN PARTY, WHITE NATIONALISTS, COMMUNIST, AND OTHERS.

He's just too stupid to pick which one he likes the best.

From his past comments and stupid tweets, he has fit into all of them, one time or another.

I was responding to a poster who expressed such a desire.

As to President Trump's desires, I'm afraid I lack the necessary mind-reading capabilities to make such an assessment. However, his actions indicate no interest in such a government. As a matter of fact he is now talking about working with Democrats. If anything, that may indicate naivete. I can't see Chuck Schumer going along with that. But, we shall see.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors