If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Happened To Our Tax Refunds ?

Message 21 of 58

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

The "standard deduction" is NOT the "personal deduction"!

Whatever you want to say or believe. 

No .... it's what the new 1040 form directly shows .... an undeniable fact!

I'm not going to get into one of your long nonsensical discussions. 

There is no "nonsense" in obvious factual evidence. The "nonsense" exists in denying the obvious!

The average person would have to have plenty of itemizations to match the new standard deduction.

Does nothing to change the fact that such a person would be shafted by Trump's elimination of personal exemption deductions

Have a good day pardner.

Your usual sign-off when your beliefs are refuted.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

There ya' go again, erroneously assuming you know all about the situations of "the average person".  Then dismissing them with "have a good day pardner".

Well .............. have a good evening.

Like you posted in another topic, was I posting to you? Your post had nothing to do with my answer.

And yes, the standard deduction includes the personal deduction that was done away with.  And from what I understand, the new taxes didn't eliminate being able to itemize.  I doubt many complaining here itemized in the first place.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Have you stopped to think that it's because you seem to think you know about other's situations when actually you don't?

In most cases here it is relatively easy to figure others' situations out.  They come across as similar to situations in one's life experiences.

What does that have to do with tax refunds?   The question is what happened to our tax refunds.  The answer might be that most haven't filed yet.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 58

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Whatever you want to say or believe.  I'm not going to get into one of your long nonsensical discussions.  The average person would have to have plenty of itemizations to match the new standard deduction.

Have a good day pardner.

There ya' go again, erroneously assuming you know all about the situations of "the average person".  Then dismissing them with "have a good day pardner".

Well .............. have a good evening.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 58

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Larger than in past years without itemizing...and not having to save receipts. 

And for those couples who can itemize, the net result will be a tax hike with the loss of $8080 in personal exemption deduction!

Yep, you are right Myexper. It got me too.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 58

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

We have our self proclaimed expert again with all the answers and attacks on those in disagreement. Oh Brother - it gets old !!

And there are those who would complain about others post mostly because of partisanism.

Have you stopped to think that it's because you seem to think you know about other's situations when actually you don't?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 58

@GailL1 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote  

It screwed me too. I'm not talking in reference to a tax refund check either, I'm talking about an increase in the percentage I pay.

-----------------------

Do you know why?  Limit on SALT ?

Having to pay some more in could be due to many things unrelated to tax reform.

I always have to pay more in - mainly due to tax on SS benefit, higher than normal royalties - usually in the last quarter or higher investment dividends - usually account for most of these higher amounts on the taxes which I file quarterly. 

Of course I know why, but it is really none of your business. I did lose deductions under this new tax plan.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 58

@myexper wrote:

Whatever you want to say or believe.  I'm not going to get into one of your long nonsensical discussions.  The average person would have to have plenty of itemizations to match the new standard deduction.

Have a good day pardner.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 58

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

It doesn't help much when Trump also took away personal deductions!

Sure and now we have a $12,000 standard deduction (personal deduction) each,

plus the $1300 for being over 65.  An older couple filing jointly has a total of $26,600.

Less $8080 from Trump's elimination of the personal (exemption) deduction (2 x $4040).

Larger than in past years without itemizing...and not having to save receipts. 

And for those couples who can itemize, the net result will be a tax hike with the loss of $8080 in personal exemption deduction!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 58

@mandm84 wrote:

We have our self proclaimed expert again with all the answers and attacks on those in disagreement. Oh Brother - it gets old !!

And there are those who would complain about others post mostly because of partisanism.

Kudos
Views