Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Does the Democratic Party Stand for Now? Good Question.

Message 1 of 14

@jimc91 wrote:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After losing more than 1000 seats in government it would appear that Americans no longer believe the democrats.  Why is that?

The Democratic Base feels exactly the same way the Republican Base Feels and why they went for Trump..........................................

Excuses - Excuses - Excuses - Gun Control - Healthcare - Income Inequality - Tax Reform - Minimum Wage..............................Democratic Politicians always blame the Republicans and Vice-versa......................the Republican Base with the help of many fed up Democrats decided to shake things up and support Trump...................................I had the same inclination but have never been able to Stomach Trump the Man and couldn't pull the Trigger for him but I was Darned Tempted...................

As far as losing the 1000 Seats - GOP Gerrymandering much more so than Democratic Voters

It's virtually impossible for Democrats or Independents to get Elected with the way the Voting Districts are drawn today and even more Impossible for almost any GOP Candidate to lose because they don;t need to appeal to anyone but the Right-wing GOP Extremist Base

The Hatred Vitriole and Racism is only going to get worse because there is no need for any compromise.............................I used to be repulsed by the Two-party only system - now it;s down to a Single Party because of Gerrymandering 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@cent Are you suggesting democratic party voters are that naive?  I, like most, understand the swing voters/Independents are the deciding votes.   easily fooled? or ignorant? Dems historically don't turn out for non-presidential elections.  Is that "ignorant"?  Maybe.  and now you pass judgement on "those people"? Actually, I didn't....you just did.  But thanks for confirming it for all forum readers.  Condemn a whole group of people to hell by their vote. And they call us nazi's?  That's quite the bizarre imagination you have there.

That's some serious weirdness for sure.....said the poster with the bizarre imagination.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@cent Are you suggesting democratic party voters are that naive? easily fooled? or ignorant? and now you pass judgement on "those people"? Condemn a whole group of people to hell by their vote. And they call us nazi's?

That's some serious weirdness for sure.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

EVEN  AS A REPUBLICAN

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
10 reasons to vote your conscience

1. You might want to keep more of what you earn NOT NECESARRILY
2. You might want to keep your private health insurance THE ONE WE ALL HAVE SUCKS
3. You might want to vote for candidates who represent your thinking and ideasIF i AM AN IDIOT DON'T WANT COMPANY
4. You might want to send you kids to a school of your choosing or home schooli HAVE ALWAYS DONE THAT. MY CHILDRENEN WENT TO THE SCHOOLS OF MY CHOICE DIND'T NEED ANY PARTY TO DO SO.
5. You might want to consider the internet as a library and newspaper rolled into one  NO, THE INTERNERNET HAS A PLACE  AND SO DOES A LIBRARY
6. You might want to vote for Judeo/Christian values of candidates  HA HA  HA REALLY SO THE POLITICANS HAVE VALUES?
7. You might want to consider the government should have a budget like you and me  NO  THE GOVERNMENT IS A DIFFERENT ENTITY THN MY HOUSE BUDGET YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT
8. You might want to consider us as stewards of the earth REALLY!!!! HOW ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE? 
9. You might consider where the money comes from on local elections  i DO,I AM INVOLVED IN LOCAL POLITICS MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE NOT.
10. You might want to consider you like and want to keep your job like coal miners SORRY, THEY ARE PASSE, IT IS TIME THAT TECHNOLOGY OF THE 1800

S REMAINS IN THE 1800.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@jimc91 wrote:

After losing more than 1000 seats in government it would appear that Americans no longer believe the democrats.  Why is that?

Actually it appears you have no clue why Dems lost many seats yourself.  You seem to believe it's because of political ideaology....in the eye's of many, it's because Repubs lied to the masses that they were going to repeal and replace Obamacare and lied about the ACA with the false claims of Death Panels, etc.  I give the Repubs credit though....their lying tactics and FAKE NEWS are effective in disinforming Americans.  Shame on them. If there's truth in many religions, many of them will rot in Hell.  Good for them.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14
10 reasons to vote your conscience

1. You might want to keep more of what you earn
2. You might want to keep your private health insurance
3. You might want to vote for candidates who represent your thinking and ideas
4. You might want to send you kids to a school of your choosing or home school
5. You might want to consider the internet as a library and newspaper rolled into one
6. You might want to vote for Judeo/Christian values of candidates
7. You might want to consider the government should have a budget like you and me
8. You might want to consider us as stewards of the earth
9. You might consider where the money comes from on local elections
10. You might want to consider you like and want to keep your job like coal miners

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

What Does the Democratic Party Stand for Now? Good Question.

Message 7 of 14

The Democratic Party is in turmoil and disarray. They don't know whether they're coming or going and they're desperate for new leadership from the younger generation.  The only thing worse than the state of disarray in the Democratic party, is today's version of the Republican Party. 

Every day I wake up and can't believe an incompetent, nasty, pathological liar, and ego manic of epic proportions named Donald Trump is our President. What's even worse, millions of Americans were dumb enough to vote for him. These past 9 months were proof that today's Republican Party are no longer reputable conservatives like George Bush Sr., they are right wing radicals who couldn't run a candy store, let alone a country. Many of them live in an alternate reality where truth and honor are no longer relevant.

I don't like Hillary and didn't want her to be our President. She belongs in the history of relics and should retire to an old lady's home.. However, unlike Trump, Hillary is intelligent and competent. Although I can't stand looking at her, I would take Hillary any day over the sheer incompetence of the nasty ego maniac in the White House.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Ten Reasons to Vote Democratic. 

1. You don’t want a future of economic crashes and bubbles.
  2. You want health insurance.
  3. We cannot afford 2+ years of gridlock in Congress.
  4. You want American education to get better.
  5. You want the Internet to remain a free and level playing field.
  6. You want leaders who aren’t afraid to pass unpopular legislation when necessary.
  7. You hate the deficit.
  8. You care about the earth. 
  9. You don’t want a future in which elections can be purchased by the highest bidder.
  10. YOU WANT A JOB.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@jimc91

They're still "here'',  but now it's a protest at every event rather then participation. They take the life out of everything and make what was good...  controversial. There are no longer any democrats in position of authority in my county. We are... and always have been conservative, with a strong environmental concerns. Democrats would lead the way for farming and environmental issues and had strong support. We also pride our county on quality public education with strong community involvement. Every single school in my county is an A rated school... even the schools in the rural farming communities filled with children of color. We're proud of that. The democrats usta support that too.  They abandoned that for more aggresive soical positions and lost ground here. That's too bad.  

However for the first time in 20 years the democratic party in my county will be fielding candidates in all elections. Typically they don't... usually lack funding for candidates who could never win, but now there is an influx of money from outside the county. We are considered a strong hold of sorts... with democratic controlled counties south and north of us. 

My county has about +100K voters 60K R's 25K other and 25K are democrats. 

Other = non party affiliation who were probably a lot of democrats.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

I saw this on twitter this morning...  Sums it up.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 10.55.20 AM.png

The democrats vision for America is being rejected by the voters...

Over 1000 seats lost in government over the past 8 years is a good indication.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors