Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Are The Ideas from the Democrats ? Inquiring Minds want to know.

Message 11 of 26

FREE Trade should be that which is FREE of the Republican "race to the bottom" that has been redistributing income and wealth from the workers to the managers for generations.

The GOPerLords want to be FREE to drive US wages down below those of commie slaves in Asia, and they've gotten their lofo Base to think, somehow, that's okay.

It is not an ACCIDENT the only ones seeing an increase in real income are those in the top 10% with virtually all of the gains going to the top 1%. It is a carefully designed plot to enslave the American workers under a Corporate Oligarchy, and its working like a charm.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 26

@gruffstuff wrote:

The solution is to PROTECT American Workers from the rapacity of their Republican bosses with a "StakeHoldres Protection Act" so moving a job ANYWHERE requires the business to continue paying their displaced workers based on how long they've worked for the Company. This would range from a couple months for new workers to until retirement for those with over 15 years service. Then the Oligarchs will see improving equipment and training for the workers they have is a much better investment than giving the workers' jobs to commie slaves in Asia.

Not a bad idea,  another is workers co-ops, if the corporate board and major share holders decide to move a business offshore they have to offer to sell it to the employees of the business. 

The government loans the money to buy the business to the employees. The employees elect managers to run the business, pick the timeframe, every five years, every ten.

There is no corporate board or major shareholders to answer to, the employees make the decisons though elected managers.

Kind of like democracy in the work place. 

Good idea, but I'd say it should be AND not OR to the Stakeholdres' Protection - both are needed. One slight modification - instead of the Gov't loaning the money, the Employee Pension Fund should be turned over to the workers to use to purchase company stock or move to their IRAs and not remain the property of Management when they decide to ship the work to commie slaves in Asia.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 26

Other than his idiotic trade wars, I think the biggest economic mistake Trumpmade was withdrawing from the TPP fair trade agreement. That agreement covered 40% of the world's ecocnomies and all the countries were looking to the U.S. to provide leadership in their economic battle versus China. 

I agree with that, 11 countries signed the TPP without the USA,  the USA should join the TPP and end the trade wars.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 26

The solution is to PROTECT American Workers from the rapacity of their Republican bosses with a "StakeHoldres Protection Act" so moving a job ANYWHERE requires the business to continue paying their displaced workers based on how long they've worked for the Company. This would range from a couple months for new workers to until retirement for those with over 15 years service. Then the Oligarchs will see improving equipment and training for the workers they have is a much better investment than giving the workers' jobs to commie slaves in Asia.

Not a bad idea,  another is workers co-ops, if the corporate board and major share holders decide to move a business offshore they have to offer to sell it to the employees of the business. 

The government loans the money to buy the business to the employees. The employees elect managers to run the business, pick the timeframe, every five years, every ten.

There is no corporate board or major shareholders to answer to, the employees make the decisons though elected managers.

Kind of like democracy in the work place. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 26

I can tell you what Joe Biden said, he would reinstate and improve the TPP.

"Is he trying to find a middle ground as Dems divide on trade? Or is he just talking gibberish?"

Joe Biden said during the Democratic debate that he would not try to re-insert the United States into the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), the 12-nation trade deal that the Obama administration was unable to finalize before leaving office.

But Biden did voice support for the idea of a trade deal that would bring together American allies as leverage against China—which was basically the goal of the TPP.

Biden's answer on TPP was not entirely coherent—at one point, he referred to the pact deal as the "TTP".

https://reason.com/2019/07/31/biden-says-he-supports-the-trans-pacific-partnership-and-also-does-not...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 26

Oh my:  G wants Dems ideas, but only regarding China.    Should we ignore the selling out to other regimes that are authoritarian, aka Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc.     Donald wants a "I and only I can solve that problem" whereas the Democrats want to work WITH other nations to resolve differences.    Did G miss the part that NAFTA part 2 has not been completed and now Donald somehow believes that the US is going to buy drugs from Canada at whatever price he wants....seriously.  

G must have missed the news that Donald blinked and all his threats re: china have been delayed until after most of the holiday buying will not be impacted.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

What Are The Ideas from the Democrats ? Inquiring Minds want to know.

Message 17 of 26

Gail asked the following question about the Dems. She said, "What is FAIR trade in their views ?"

I can tell you what Joe Biden said, he would reinstate and improve the TPP.

Other than his idiotic trade wars, I think the biggest economic mistake Trump made was withdrawing from the TPP fair trade agreement. That agreement covered 40% of the world's ecocnomies and all the countries were looking to the U.S. to provide leadership in their economic battle versus China. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 26

From the replies here, it seems,  the heading is more responded to than the actual substance of the original post.

What is the Democratic views on trade, treaties and China that you like - there are several.  What would a Democrat in the WH do to tackle trade problems, particularly with China.

What is FAIR trade in their views ?

I hear all the complaints but what is the answers as proposed by the Democratic running candidates - there seem to be several - which one do you think is good, better, best for the U.S.?

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 26

I agree.  Addressing Climate Change and taking the lead in switching to renewable alternative energies and the manufacturing of the products to do so would solve many more problems than just Climate Change.  It could and would reduce poverty by the millions of jobs that would be created, bringing back a manufacturing base to America, and if fair wages were adopted through union participation it would fuel our economy, boost the middle class and bring hundreds of thousands or millions out of poverty, reducing dependency on different forms of welfare and reducing government spending.

Oddly, a past Senator and Governor running for POTUS on a Climate Change platform has been completely ignored. Sanders and Elizabeth Warren remain.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 26

@GailL1 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Which Democrats said China was an ecomomic aggressor?  I missed that part.

You can read the NYT link or here is another one 

WAPost 09/07/2019 Trump Trade War With China Scrambles Democrats'strategy

Just catching up on my reading and this has been covered a lot the last few days in lots of publications.  Seems many of them agree with the strategy but they are protective of products from their own neck of the woods.

American companies are moving out of China but they aren't coming back here - could we get them to come back here ? How?

Manufacturing jobs are not coming back unless we lower wages to the level we can compete with Vietnam.  Automation and machine learning  will destroy most other manufacturing jobs.  Finally, without unions to level the playing field, there is no reason for companies to pay "good" wages and benefits even if we could get the jobs back. 

Kudos
Views