Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Western Civilization Is Imperiled by Mob Rule

Message 11 of 49

The Future of Western Civilization Is Imperiled by Mob Rule.

The future of all western civilization from Washington, DC, to London, to Paris, to Rome, to Berlin, to Moscow, to Vienna, to Brussels, to Copenhagen, to Lisbon, to Warsaw, to Madrid, to Stockholm, to Brasilia, to Havana, to Dublin, to Budapest...

All of this is imperiled because of protests against police racism and brutality? Can you see how ridiculous that is? Some statues get toppled and there's a threat to the world as we know it? Seriously? No one remembers 1968? No one remembers Rodney King?

This disgusting fear-mongering is a thousand times worse than the protests.

I can't decide if garbage like this is more of a Chicken Little (The sky is falling!) situation or a The Boy Who Cried Wolf situation.

92 Days
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 49

@gruffstuff wrote:

The right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals.

The First Amendment to the Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The key phrase is 'right of the people PEACEABLY to assemble'   These assemblies or petitions or protests have in many instances been anything but peaceable.  If the unpeaceable instances are blamed on instigators, they should take action to police themselves.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 49

They are left-wing revolutionaries

What is a left wing revolutionary?

Left-wing politics supports social equality and egalitarianism, often in opposition to social hierarchy.[1][2][3][4] It typically involves a concern for those in society whom its adherents perceive as disadvantaged relative to others as well as a belief that there are unjustified inequalities that need to be reduced or abolished

Why is that revolutionary?

What is revolution?

a forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favor of a new system.

Protesters are trying to force a change  in government and social order  to support social equality and egalitarianism,  in opposition to social hierarchy

because they believe  there are unjustified inequalities that need to be reduced or abolished.

Personally I agree with that, provided the protests are peaceful.

The right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 49

@AzRancher wrote:

Interesting take on the rioting:

It’s Not About Race, It’s About Revolution

No it is not an interesting take on the rioting. It is just what you would expect from a paper in Colorado Springs home of the far right in Co.

What we are finding this time is that the far right supporters of Trump are behind the riots. That was the case in Abq., and on the West Coast. Lets see what comes out as investigations are done in other parts of the country.

It is like the Gov. of AZ following Trumps order to open up and then loosing control of the virus. AZ now just about the worst State in the USA for controlling the virus. The Gov. was told this would happen by the medical experts in AZ, but he followed trump anyway. Now AZ has lost control of the virus, and people die due to that, but the gov. refuses to go back to the path the Medical experts have laid out.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 49

@afisher wrote:

Apparently some want to hide behind RW "editors" who are looking to control the media in the entire State of Colorado.    These are not some humble group of men who have spent their live working in journalism, they bought it.

What about the content about the writer on the Baltimore Sun?  As far as owners of news media, not everyone owning papers are journalists.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 49

Apparently some want to hide behind RW "editors" who are looking to control the media in the entire State of Colorado.    These are not some humble group of men who have spent their live working in journalism, they bought it.

The idea that maintaining statues of people who embrace the dark and unequal part of the US history is just plain weird.   They make some vague claim to magically equate the US history to all of Western Civilization.   

My suggestion is to review the history of each person who has a building or statue and ask why was it built.   Easier yet, the same can be done of all those University buildings that were named after people...or hey, how about just those who loaned their name to a building so that they could reap financial reward.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Message 17 of 49

Interesting take on the rioting:

It’s Not About Race, It’s About Revolution

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 49

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Fix that, and you get the law and order you want.  Otherwise, society will always been in chaos.  People don't riot for no reason.  Surely people understand that.

So you are saying that people don't riot for no reason?  And they are rioting because of the laws?  Strange and biased reasoning.  Why is it that there are many Blacks who have worked themselves up to legislators, mayors, etc.  

How can anyone spend all that time rioting without having a means of support?  

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 19 of 49

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Heheh.  I've been saying that for awhile.   The political philosophy of anacylosis and all that.  But you call it "populism" when it's a conservative crowd and "mob rule" when it's a liberal one.   So I guess you all are for it until you aren't. 

Trump's dismantling of the systems we use to keep democracy in place has contributed to this on both sides of the political spectrum.   Destroy the government you hate so much and this is what you get.  

I would add you get the government you vote for. I can't condone looting and senseless destruction of property but I fully support the protest and the marches. I also can't support a knee on the neck that results in the senseless and totally unwarranted death of a man by a sadistic racist excuse for a human being. A blind eye to a policeman who should have been fired years ago lets all who keep him on the job share in the guilt. If any think my reply is the ranting of a person of color, your right my color is White.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 49

The Future of Western Civilization Is Imperiled by Mob Rule. Now Is the Time for Courage and Leadership.

Democracy will take care of that problem, if Republicans will just allow people to vote.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors