Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: West Virginia House Votes to Impeach Walker, Loughry, Davis & Workman

Message 1 of 9

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Maybe you didn't read the same original post that I did. The subject is certainly not WEST VIRGINIA.

While the title is about several judge's impeachment, the subject of the MEAT of the article was about their extravagant spending habits.

The subject and original post specifically was about West Virginia.  When did you become authorized to change the topic about anything else? You are completely OFF-TOPIC.

You can start a new thread if you want, but this one is about West Virginia.

I frankly don't know what you are reading.

You said the post was specifically about West Virginia, not once but twice. I see nothing in the post that applies to the State of West Virginia. Nothing about the WILD and WONDERFUL state itself.

What I see, as well as others, is a post that complains about the spending habits of politicians; most likely from the same party.

My comments about the spending habits of politicians from the other party are as ON TOPIC as they can be.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@nctarheel wrote:

Maybe you didn't read the same original post that I did. The subject is certainly not WEST VIRGINIA.

While the title is about several judge's impeachment, the subject of the MEAT of the article was about their extravagant spending habits.

The subject and original post specifically was about West Virginia.  When did you become authorized to change the topic about anything else? You are completely OFF-TOPIC.

You can start a new thread if you want, but this one is about West Virginia.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@Soosie wrote:
What I don't understand is that you weren't FED UP about:

(1) Pruitt's $43,000 phone booth

(2) Carson's $31,000 mahogany table

(3) Zinke's $139,000 doors

There were many more examples in Trump's Cabinet "LIVING LARGE" but I was getting tired of typing........@NCTarheel...............It is because that was not the subject. The subject was about W. Va. You keep breaking your own rules that you call others on. Got to set a good example if you are going to "call out" You know, "Walk the Walk."

@jimc91expressed being FED UP with those spending habits (I expect those judges were Democrats) and I was asking why he wasn't FED UP with REPUBLICAN spending habits.

Giving me directions on what I can and cannot comment about is certainly OFF TOPIC.

My comments were certainly ON TOPIC.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

WOWK TV is part of Nexstar Media Group.  Nexstar has had an on again off again relationship with FOX, some contentious and resulting in lawsuits and countersuits.  They have had on again off again affiliations with cbs and abc as well. 

That, of course, may have nothing at all to do with objective reporting of real fact without bias. The actual quality of the end product results from editorial policy of the specific entity and the professional ethics of the reporters themselves. This piece, by itself, looks like a straight piece of news reporting.  It is written in such a way that it fits into an ongoing partisan dialogue by an identifiable faction.

A comment on the commentary, "People are fed up!!  It's the People's money..."  Sure is the People's money.  Nobody else puts slop in the pig trough.  The pigs sure don't.  Corruption is not limited to wasting money, though.  That's fixable.  Ethics is much harder to get a handle on. 

If you are at all interested in how partisan politics enters into this topic and the way it was presented, I suggest the dear readers go to an NPR source.  Specifically an August 8, 2018 7:26 PM ET podcast by Bill Chappell for nprpolitics available online with the headline  "West Virginia House Panel Votes to Impeach Entire Supteme Court". 

In WV Supreme Court Justices are elected, not appointed or confirmed after appointment.  In 2015, WV voted to make the Supreme Court elections non-partisan.  That means party affiliation does not appear on the ballot.  Impeachment hearing have been in progress for over a month.  The date the House of Delegates voted to impeach was 8/08/18.  Deadline for filing for election to this office is 8/14/18.  Failing to meet the deadline for filing, the Governor appoints justices to fill the office until the next election. The Governor is Jim Justice, a former Democrat who is now a Republican.  The unofficial makeup of the court prior to the impeachment was 3-2 Democrats.  The WOWK report says nothing about it.

I suppose it could be because of where the poster chooses to get his information....on the other hand.......

If it happens once....shame on them.....if it happens twice....shame on me.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Justice Allen Loughry is under federal indictment and named in eight impeachment articles, including allegations he lied about taking home a $42,000 antique desk and a $32,000 suede leather couch.

His new couch (throw pillows not included)...

couch.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

There were many more examples in Trump's Cabinet "LIVING LARGE" but I was getting tired of typing........@NCTarheel...............It is because that was not the subject. The subject was about W. Va. You keep breaking your own rules that you call others on. Got to set a good example if you are going to "call out" You know, "Walk the Walk."
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

nctarheel: 

Come to think of it, I haven't heard a peep from the faithful about the grifters surrounding Trump costing taxpayers millions with their extravagant spending habits. Wonder why that is? *dying laughing*

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@jimc91 wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

People are fed up!!  It's the peoples money...

There were many more examples in Trump's Cabinet "LIVING LARGE" but I was getting tired of typing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

West Virginia House Votes to Impeach Walker, Loughry, Davis & Workman

Message 9 of 9

CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK/AP) -

UPDATE (11:50 PM 8/13/18):

The West Virginia House of Delegates has impeached all four of the state's Supreme Court justices.

The Republican-led House on Monday night impeached Justice Beth Walker and the other justices for abusing their authority. The article says they failed to control office expenses and not maintaining policies over important matters such as working lunches, the use of state vehicles and office computers at home.

Walker was the last of the four justices to be impeached. She had avoided impeachment earlier when the House voted not to pass an article against her for $131,000 in renovations she made after taking office last year.

Suspended Justice Allen Loughry, Chief Justice Margaret Workman and Justice Robin Davis also were impeached.

Loughry was suspended earlier this year and has pleaded not guilty to a 23-count federal indictment.

UPDATE (3:30 PM 8/13/18): 

The West Virginia House of Delegates has voted to impeach Justice Robin Davis.

The vote was 56 to 41.

Davis spent around $500,000 on renovations to her office.

Republican Delegate Tom Fast of Fayette County says he's seen the work done in Davis' office, including track lighting on the floor.

He says the work was "over the top" and the impeachment article "is one of the more easy ones" for him to support.

UPDATE (1:25 PM 8/13/18): 

The West Virginia House of Delegates has voted to impeach Justice Allen Loughry over "excessive lavish office spending."

Breaking..... WV House votes to impeach Justice Allen Loughry over excessive lavish office spending ⁦@WOWK13Newspic.twitter.com/Sik9btQmkY

— MarkCurtisWOWK (@MarkCurtisWOWK) August 13, 2018

ORIGINAL:

The West Virginia House of Delegates is taking the extraordinary step of considering the impeachment of the entire state Supreme Court in a scandal over $3.2 million in office renovations. 

The House plans to meet Monday to discuss 14 articles and make recommendations for the four remaining justices. If it approves any articles, the Senate would put them on trial. 

Suspended Justice Allen Loughry is under federal indictment and named in eight impeachment articles, including allegations he lied about taking home a $42,000 antique desk and a $32,000 leather couch. Other articles involve justices Margaret Workman, Robin Davis and Beth Walker.

The fifth justice, Menis Ketchum, retired and agreed to plead guilty to a federal wire fraud count involving the personal use of state-owned vehicles and fuel cards.

https://www.wowktv.com/news/west-virginia/west-virginia-house-considers-impeaching-supreme-court/136...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

People are fed up!!  It's the peoples money...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies