Were Posters Here Fooled By the Russian FB Ads?

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Were Posters Here Fooled By the Russian FB Ads?

Message 1 of 11

I use Facebook Daily to keep in touch with Friends Far Away - Latest Pictures from Family Members - I couldn;t tell you where to find Ads from anyone on FB but because I knew I wanted to post on this thread I looked around more thoroghly and I guess this is what is called News & Ads - it's pretty meaningless to me in fact I don;t even check the Sports Scores on FB because I didn;t know they were there - I certainly wouldn;t look for Political News There

FB Ads.png

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

Were Posters Here Fooled By the Russian FB Ads?

I don't think I've ever read a FaceBook ad, I hardly ever use it, and I deleted my account after what came to light about FaceBook selling ads to the enemies of the US presented as news.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

easyed598 said - Untrue?? I don`t know if Russians posted  that  on facebook.

When do you plan on finding out?  When will you know?

If you've been "had" or not?  This is a big problem for our society.

Cent's link - "Rep. Adam B. Schiff of California, said he hoped the public would be able to review the ad campaign."  We should be able to understand how we were manipulated - to create chaos.

Mlseeker's link also should help you know all about Russian Troll Farms.  https://news.google.com/news/story/dMHw3TKXqvp0cxMKRsP6UJ3qc3NyM?ned=us&hl=en

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

Chasky wrote-- I know that several here have blindly repeated some of the things on  facebook and posted them here, I remember the 'Muslim women supporting Hillary' being posted. Some may come to realize that they were 'had', but the steadfast center of Trump's base will never admit it, IMO. Some perhaps posted that rot knowing it was untrue.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Untrue?? I don`t know if Russians posted  that  on facebook that but does anyone in their right mind think Muslim women supported Trump? (especially when  Hillary was pushing for  hundreds of thousands  undocumented Muslim Refugees to be let into this country in the middle of her campaign.)  Nobody was had -Hillary was a bad untruthful candidate-Period

So then you believe that Muslim women were supporting Hillary? If so, the article has it right, many fell for Russian postings on FB, including you.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@Agreedalferdpacker wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
https://news.google.com/news/story/dMHw3TKXqvp0cxMKRsP6UJ3qc3NyM?ned=us&hl=en

I posted that link so people can get an idea of the DEPTH of this problem. The denial that it happend needs to stop.

Well - since none of the Russian social media propaganda/manure talked about how trump was the unbalanced, unstable and obnoxious host of a failed/canceled TV "reality show" - and since I never believed that the Benghazi!, Benghazi! stuff was ever at all sane and rational - and since all that email nonsense was just another foaming-at-the-mouth-stopped-taking-the-medication RWNJ rant that never turned up anything that Hillary could be charged with...    

It looks like all the Russian propaganda/hacking/social media stuff was manure only dim-witted right wingers would swallow...

Will those that still have Russian propaganda/manure on their breath ever fess up?

Of course not.   

Agreed

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

@MIseker wrote:

I posted that link so people can get an idea of the DEPTH of this problem. The denial that it happend needs to stop.

Well - since none of the Russian social media propaganda/manure talked about how trump was the unbalanced, unstable and obnoxious host of a failed/canceled TV "reality show" - and since I never believed that the Benghazi!, Benghazi! stuff was ever at all sane and rational - and since all that email nonsense was just another foaming-at-the-mouth-stopped-taking-the-medication RWNJ rant that never turned up anything that Hillary could be charged with...    

It looks like all the Russian propaganda/hacking/social media stuff was manure only dim-witted right wingers would swallow...

Will those that still have Russian propaganda/manure on their breath ever fess up?

Of course not.   

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

Chasky wrote-- I know that several here have blindly repeated some of the things on  facebook and posted them here, I remember the 'Muslim women supporting Hillary' being posted. Some may come to realize that they were 'had', but the steadfast center of Trump's base will never admit it, IMO. Some perhaps posted that rot knowing it was untrue.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Untrue?? I don`t know if Russians posted  that  on facebook that but does anyone in their right mind think Muslim women supported Trump? (especially when  Hillary was pushing for  hundreds of thousands  undocumented Muslim Refugees to be let into this country in the middle of her campaign.)  Nobody was had -Hillary was a bad untruthful candidate-Period

You and others were "had"....just look at all the FAKE NEWS posted by Cons here, including that Dems were paid to protest at Trump's rallies....

LOL....you just can't make this stuff up.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Given that several posters here on this forum are quite prone to posting FAKE NEWS, it wouldn't be surprisng if some were caught up in the Russian scam.  Were you?

I hope that the investigations thoroughly expose the propaganda efforts of the Russians in influencing our elections.

I know that several here have blindly repeated some of the things on  facebook and posted them here, I remember the 'Muslim women supporting Hillary' being posted. Some may come to realize that they were 'had', but the steadfast center of Trump's base will never admit it, IMO. Some perhaps posted that rot knowing it was untrue.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors